[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/ tell me like it really is. Is this game actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Mania.png (1MB, 1002x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Mania.png
1MB, 1002x1125px
Alright /v/ tell me like it really is. Is this game actually good or is it overrated garbage?
>>
>>388270823
It's decent.
>>
It's good. The boy boy flaw is the fact that half of the game is recycled levels from the old games to cash in on cultural nostalgia.
>>
Do you like the Sonic games that were on Genesis/Megadrive? If you do, then yes, this game is very good.
>>
File: 1500932168769.gif (969KB, 450x276px) Image search: [Google]
1500932168769.gif
969KB, 450x276px
>>388270823
It's a very good game, even the recycled content had plenty of changes enough to make them feel new
>>
>>388270968
The Act 2s and some of the Act 1s may as well be new levels for those zones.

As for OP, ever play a Genesis Sonic game that's not named Spinball or 3D Jam?

If so, you'll enjoy this one in spades.
>>
>>388270823
It actually lives up to the hype.
>>
>>388270823
Special zones are a bit of a chore
>>
It's one of the best Sonic games of all time. Right up there with 3&K, dare I say even overthrowing it.

It's like the Tropical Freeze to DKC's 2 or something.
>>
>>388270823
It's pretty good. One or two levels suck, and I don't like how they kept the "Sonic gets insta-death crushed by having his toe stuck between two blocks" bullshit from the old games.

But it's one of those rare games that cashes in on nostalgia but still manages to be fresh and do its own thing. Think Shovel Knight. Nostalgia pandering for fucking days, but still has more than enough of its own charm to be fresh and unique.
>>
>special zones suck but if you like me and dont give a fuck about emeralds and tokens it isnt a huge loss
>bosses for the most part are forgettable and you can cheese the fuck outta of em but then again sonic was never known for its bosses
>final stage sucked its not hard it just could have had more variety to it
thats all the negatives i can think of, the game is a solid 9/10
>>
This was my first classic sonic game. It's a great platformer, but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth on my first playthrough. I came across a lot more glitches and bugs than I would've liked, like being stuck on the ceiling of flying battery and sonic going in his limit breaker form. The game simultaneously feels polished and rushed, its odd. If you are planning to get the PC port, I would hope these issues are ironed out.
>>
>>388270823
Second best Sonic game of all time, right behind 3&K.
>>
If you are a Sonic fan, look up the references on the Sonic Retro wiki. Each level has the theme of one level from a game, with little elements from other games/levels.

Like Stardust Speedway, Act 1 is organicish from Sonic CD's past. It includes vine-corner-springs from Sandopolis, vine coiling bridges from Mushroom Hill. Spinning switches and absailing/rock-climbing from Marble Garden.

Then Act 2 is in the 'present' with fireworks from Generations. Bungie cords from Sonic Advance (not sure the level).

It's a good remix.
>>
>>388273670
>fireworks from Generations
You remember the bungie cords so you might as well remember Advance introduced the fireworks in Toy Kingdom as well.
>>
File: 1496347094505.png (337KB, 1122x574px) Image search: [Google]
1496347094505.png
337KB, 1122x574px
>>388270823
how about you just play the fucking game instead of asking a bunch of people who hate everything you like if a game is good
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.