[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/, what's the best JRPG ever made and why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: promo326500589.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo326500589.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hey /v/, what's the best JRPG ever made and why is it Final Fantasy 6?
>>
>>388239841
because the OST is perfect, the cast is near perfect, and the combat system is a good balance of simple but flexible
>>
>>388239841
That's a funny way to spell Chrono Trigger.
>>
xenogears
>>
>>388239841
It's Chrono trigger actually but FF6 is up there.
>>
>>388240491
>>388242449
These. Chrono Trigger is the pinnacle of the whole JRPG genre. Just a nice adventure.
>>
>>388239841

Chrono Trigger
>>
>>388239841
ff12 or 7
>>
File: 1438455449048.jpg (332KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438455449048.jpg
332KB, 500x500px
Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>388239841
>basic fucking stats don't work due to shit coding

FF6fags literally admitting they don't care about game quality
>>
>>388239841
Chrono Trigger, FF6 isn't even top 10/
>>
None of these answers are right, since none of these answers are FFV.
>>
>>388239841
have you tried brave new world?
completely reinvigorated my love for this game, very well designed.
it made it feel like i was playing for the first time again.
every boss battle felt like a struggle, and every single normal encounter was reworked from the ground up.
every single stat, weapon, and skill has been rebuilt to fit the new system.
all the art and music you love remains the same. in fact, one of the coolest yet tiniest tweeks they did was have the background music for certain areas of the game not be overridden by the battle music in random encounters. it's such a small but absolutely perfect change.
the only gripe - and this is a HUGE gripe, because it is actually genuinely FUCKING TERRIBLE - is the dialogue. my god, what the FUCK have you done. the story is the same, and a lot of the dialogue is more or less similar... but goddamnit, the movie references, the OMG SO NERD culture references, the absolutely GARBAGE humour just hamfisted into this otherwise beautiful romhack is just... confusing. i remember maybe some jokes hitting, but it's like 98% miss.
anyways don't let that detract you from the mod. if you love FF6, you owe it to yourself to try this mod.
>>
>>388247036
link?
>>
>>388247036
I like it too, they managed to make Civ V actually fun.
>>
>>388247157
literally google ff6 brave new world
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2095/
seems like it was updated recently
just take a look at the readme, you can tell he put (and still puts, apparently) a ton of effort into it
don't get too hung up on the readme before playing, though. a lot of it is fluff, and a lot of it just straight up overexplanation of the new mechanics that, if you are smart enough, will be able to figure out on your own (and it's much more fun that way)
>>
>>388242449
>>388242608
>>388242820
>>388244516
Correct, not even a debate. CT is just too perfect.
>>
>>388249370
thank you bby
>>
FF6 > CHRONO TRIGGER

but they are both extremely close.
>>
>>388239841
>Hey /v/, what's the most overrated JRPG ever made and why is it Final Fantasy 6?
Fixed.

>because the OST is perfect,
And that's literally the only thing of value in the entire game

>the cast is near perfect,
lol

>and the combat system is a good balance of simple but flexible
lolwut? The combat is exactly the same of every FF up until FF9 (i.e.: mediocre)
>>
>>388239841
What are the mandatory bugfix patches?
>>
>>388239841
>6
>not 5
>>
>>388253058
5 is great fun but the plot is incredibly sparse.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.