[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point did you realize that you were bad at video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

At what point did you realize that you were bad at video games? For me, it was fucking up the third special stage in Sonic Mania on every attempt from about Flying Battery to Lava Reef.
>>
You mean the ones with the red and blue hovering spheres? Everyone fucks those up.
>>
Someone tell me how to get good at the blue ball collecting. I started skipping them and now my self esteem is suffering.
>>
>>388224002
The one where you collect spheres and rings while chasing a UFO. The OG blue sphere is in, but just as a minigame.
>>
>>388224482
I stopped going for rings on them just so I could get the medals. Unlocked mean bean mode last night. Sometimes you just have to fail at them so you know what to do next time.
>>
The UFO stages are easy once you realize that you should prioritize quickly catching the UFO instead of going after rings.
>>
k with special stages

1 ) first lap focus on jumping on all ring boxes and getting to around 50 rings, do not waste time getting rings once you are at this point, save them for if you need them.

2 ) always focus on jumping over and cutting corners, there is some huge corners you can cut

3 ) mach 3 is not needed, you can catch most if not all UFOs at mach 2, try to avoid collecting balls if you can at mach 2, by the time you get to mach 3 you should be close enough then to the UFO that if mach 3 gets triggered it shouldn't be to daunting

4 ) tails is hardest to do the stages, he seems to take corners really bad.
>>
File: ALL EMERALDS.png (1MB, 1920x898px) Image search: [Google]
ALL EMERALDS.png
1MB, 1920x898px
they are stupidly easy once you master them, watch a youtube vid work out how to get all 7 rings asap, memorize the locations and just keep repeating untill you get them by chem plant and just enjoy the rest of the game without worrying about finding secret rings, they are really well hidden once you get into the 3rd act.
>>
>>388227987
> filename is "ALL EMERALDS"
> empty grey slot on each save
>>
>>388228101

once you get that emerald you'll see its supposed to be white
>>
>>388227987
>They are stupidly easy once you master them
You don't fucking say, Einstein!
>>
>>388227107

Shitter casual who doesn't go fast detected.

How to actually do the special stages:

1: Collect every blue sphere possible until you reach Mach 3, ignore rings if you have to go out of your way to get them

2: Just fucking catch the ufo, you don't even need to collect rings.
>>
>>388228902

yeah whatever you can have fun running of the edges of the map, you catch the ufo on the 3rd map at mach 1 if you focus on clipping every corner. if you focus on getting to mach 3 first without racking up a lot of rings you will get a time out from hitting some mines most likely
>>
>>388224482
>>388225110

I hadn't played the blue spheres game in like 10 years and I still had over half the gold medals and all but a few silver ones by the time I finished my first playthrough.

This minigame reveals who actually deserves Sonic Mania and who is just an underage casual who never played the originals.
>>
File: garrett.jpg (19KB, 288x312px) Image search: [Google]
garrett.jpg
19KB, 288x312px
>tfw all these years later and still can't into blue spheres
>>
>>388229663

Sounds like you suck, anon. If you are any good at video games you don't fall off or hit mines, and you will never choose safety over speed.
>>
>>388229779
Pls don't bully senpai. I just want to be like you
>>
>>388229889

just a jealous fag cause you dont have 4 games uncomplete with all emeralds, so how was the shit ending and collecting all the rings through the level select screen?
>>
>>388229853
>>388230135
Also I'm 27, I grew up on sonic 1&2, and I carried a Tails stuffed animal everywhere. I only could play Sonic 3&k at friends houses so it had a mythical status, and I never got to practice blue balls very often. Tell me tips, now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.