[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divinity Original Sin 2 devs just announced that they'v

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14

File: div2.png (587KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
div2.png
587KB, 700x393px
Divinity Original Sin 2 devs just announced that they've added full voice acting to the game. Do you approve?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1971818
>>
Wasn't this announced like a year ago? Didn't they just finish recording? Why is this news
>>
>>388218219
now I'll actually buy it, sweet
>>
>>388218595

You might be thinking about the OS full voice over they added to the game later. Up to this point OS2 wasn't supposed to have voice acting, mostly due to massive amount of text.
>>
>>388218219
>full voice acting to the game
So the dialogue and roleplaying depth are going to be kiddie tier shit? Not that I've expected anything else from Larian, but still, this is a fucking disgrace. Full voice acting in RPGs is fucking cancer, it cuts down dialogue trees into dialogue bushes.
>>
>>388218219
I don't care about voice acting. I'm used to read and i have some imagination, good news for the rest of the world though.
>>
>>388218219
>Divinity Original Sin 2 devs just announced that they've added full voice acting to the game. Do you approve?
Didn't the first game have that already? I expect it to be there for the sequel.
>>
>>388221045

It was added well after the release in the Enhanced Edition version. It only had few lines here and there voiced at the start.
>>
>>388218219
full voice acting of all of the game's atrocious dialog

incredible
>>
File: 1500547843531.jpg (67KB, 720x687px) Image search: [Google]
1500547843531.jpg
67KB, 720x687px
>>388220838
>So the dialogue and roleplaying depth are going to be kiddie tier shit
>kiddie

It's so easy to spot the sad virgin that shits up every single divinity thread
>muh hack n slash
>muh circus music
>muh PoE
>muh kiddie this and that
Why don't you neck yourself you girmdark edgelord?

You think they would rewrite the game one month before release to add voice acting?
>>
>>388221463
Avellone's working on it m8. The writing should be better this time around.
>>
>>388221045
The first just had a few lines mostly by the people working in the team. They got better VAs and voiced everything
>>
>>388221718
Didn't Avellone just write the undead origin, rather than being a writer for the whole game?
>>
File: 1502732594767.jpg (12KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502732594767.jpg
12KB, 240x250px
PS4 release fucking when
>>
>>388218219
Those characters look like shit.
The red headed chick looks like something straight out of DA, can't wait for her crazy quips.
The dude and the elf look as generic as they can get, with the elf herself looking like a patronizing "strong" cunt.
The lizard look ok, but they'll ruin it by trying to subvert tropes.
The dwarf is shit, but it can't be helped he is a dwarf.

Obsidian writing went deep down the Bioware route years ago, I guess that's what you get by hiring barely of age chicks from some Californian college, instead of people genuinely passionate about fantasy and RPG.
>>
>>388222203
Oh fucks is not Obsidian, ignore the last part of the post.
>>
>>388222203
>Obsidian writing

what?
>>
>>388222317
That's what you get from posting just after hours of intense physical work.
It doesn't help that modern western fantasy art all rook the same.
>>
>>388222085
Eventually.

Literally all these cRPGs are getting released on consoles at one point or another. Look at PoE.
>>
Is voice acting in the current version of the game?
I've been holding off on buying it until release but if it is I might as well do it now.
>>
>>388222786
full release sept 14
>>
File: 17554264_p0.jpg (258KB, 700x956px) Image search: [Google]
17554264_p0.jpg
258KB, 700x956px
This will cost them a ton of money they have over 100,000,000 lines I hope this investment pays off for them Larian has been the model for kickstarter funding and early access.
>>
>Backed the project and got it for much lower price than what it is now.

Feels good.
>>
>>388223180
I bought it in Early Access launch, I don't regret it but I hope they release the OST for free.
>>
>>388218219
I hope the market is still JUST as loud.
>>
>>388223029
Looking at the dialog options they've shown, it seems like they're more often descriptors of what your character will do, with small spoken segments here and there. I've no idea how they're going to implement voice acting, but if it's just for the spoken parts it won't be that crazy
>>
>>388218219
should I buy this game /v/ ?
>>
>>388223814
yes
>>
>>388223814

I mean they're one of the few good devs worth supporting but with the release so close you might as well wait for it to see if it's actually good. Supporting them during kickstarter made more sense since you got the game cheaper.
>>
>>388218219
In theory full voice acting is better than not, but I feel like it usually drags games down and leaves them with less dialogue and text than they'd be expected to have otherwise.

Basically I don't approve.
>>
>>388218219
That's rad af. I'm glad they went all in with this game.

>Death of the outsider comes out a day after this
Heck
>>
>>388223982

Well that's true for games that plan for voice acting from the start. This seems to be a case of them writing out the whole game first and then deciding they can afford to voice it.
>>
>>388218219
I dont approve of all these resources going towards riding endless quips that take me out of the atmosphere.
I also dont like shit like being able to literally loot everything standing and sell it to merchants.
Maybe instead of keeping busy writing endless quips they can take some measures vto make sure there arent game and atmosphere breaking actions available.
>>
>>388224007
I would support Larian, they deserve it. Zenimax, not so much.
>>
File: divinity-original-sin-2-4.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
divinity-original-sin-2-4.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>388218219
>>388222203
Why are they even using this horrible art? I thought it was just a placeholder for one of the early access versions. Hell, even 3D models in the game look better than this.
>>
>>388224476
>top right
>alpha version
>>
>>388224476
the paintings are rewards for kickstarter backers as far as I know, you supply a picture and they put you in as a painting
from what I've seen the majority are pretty poor since they're based on nu-males and fatties
>>
>>388218219
I just want to make lizard waifus
>>
>>388224560
I was clearly referring to the one in the OP. It is even plastered on their twitter for some reason. I am not really bamboozled by it but just want to know reasons apart from that they slapped a release date on some fan art and went with it.
>>
Should I get Original Sin 1 guys? I'm not much into the whole top-down perspective that games like this have but I'm craving good RPGs. Is there a lot of opportunities for roleplaying in it?
>>
>>388224982
There's a lot of character freedom, the story is mediocre though. Fun game with good combat overall.
>>
>>388218219
is combat still slow as fuck? I ditched the first one halfway through because I couldnt cope with the slow ass animations. one round took like forever!
>>
>>388224975
Eh, that art looks alright to me.
>>
>>388224975
I agree op's picture is not very good and it always bothered me they used it as promo art.
>>
File: 2477.jpg (38KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
2477.jpg
38KB, 432x500px
Fuck it, I'll try this here. Has anyone played pic related? I'm almost done with my first playthrough as a warrior and I love it. Thinking of replaying the game as a survivor ranger, what would be some fun skills to take? Also how do I go about distributing stats?
>>
>>388224982
The music is the best part. Unfortunately the story doesnt live up to its soundtrack.
The only thing it has going for it is the nice turn based combat. Some of the quests are ok but the overall story and the atmosphere including the horrendous non stop quips really pulled me out of the immersion.

I would recommend Vikings expeditions. Great turn based combat, good writing, great atmosphere and it doesnt feel like it was written by 20 year olds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJMN3S-tpk
>>
>Play any video game with voice acting
>Skip 90% of it because I play with subtitles on and read the dialogue a hundred times faster than it gets spoken
A lot of the time when I play vidya the dialogue sounds like
>I
>But
>Have
>You
>Don't
>They
>Goodbye
>>
I think voice acting is important in RPG's, so I definitely approve.
>>
>>388225319
It looks fine until you compare an elf on this art with an elf ingame and understand that it was clearly made by somebody who hasn't booted a game once.
>>
>>388225506
Only thing you need are a few lines here and there so you can get the characterization element in the voice of the actor.
>>
>>388223814
No. Wait for the Enhanced Edition then buy it.
>>
>>388225498
inb4 someone posts the Zelda comic
>>
>>388225498
this. what's the deal with voice acting anyway, as if it adds anything.
>>
>>388218219
In game elves look like this.
>>
Sure why not
>>
>>388221660
DOS is trash

1.Horrible, uninspired writing. The game lacks even a single well-written, memorable character.
2. No choices&consequences apart from some superficial nonsense (i.e. you can avoid fighting groups of trash mobs which is a bad idea as you lose xp) that changes nothing in the story.
3. Roleplaying is on the level of Skyrim, where only one ability affects anything outside of combat and you don't even need to level this ability to pass the checks it governs, since you can just stack items that boost it and these items can be found and crafted freely.
4. Imbalanced combat mechanics with some ridiculously broken builds that laugh at anything in the game on Tactician. Fighters break the early game, mages break the late game. I've finished the game on Tactician with two lone wolves and the level of challenge is laughable.
5. Complete lack of any sort of character build variety when playing in Tactician mode (i.e. the only mode you're supposed to play, because the game is a joke otherwise). You get enough ability points throughout the game to max out only 4 skills and 2 of these skills MUST be Bodybuilding and Willpower due to the detrimental effect the enemies spam. This leaves the player with only 2 primary skills to focus on per character, making any sort of multiclass or creative builds sub-optimal trash.
6. Horrible itemization and an imbalanced crafting system. Crafted items are 99% of the time better, than the ones you can find, as they always correspond to your level, while the loot doesn't. While you can improve found items through crafting, the difference in level usually makes the crafted stuff simply better.

Every single aspect of this game is trash, but the most pathetic thing about this turd, though, are the cultists that praise it. They actually defend the complete lack of any sort of balance or challenge and think it's "fun". No, playing a game focused on combat that has exactly zero challenge is not "fun".

DOS2 will be no better.
>>
I've got friends. Real life and online. BUT HOW THE FUCK DO THEY EXPECT US TO FIND 3 OTHER PEOPLE TO CO-OP A 100 HOURS+ RPG WITH TONS OF READING!?
https://youtu.be/kMHqguB7ihE

Seriously, getting anyone to sit down for a vidya for more than an hour at a time is freaking impossible. This is why FPS and mobashit are popular online: they take no commitment.
>>
>>388225850
MASTERWORKS HUNT ICE AND FIRE BOTH
>>
>>388226424
Play alone?
>>
File: stupid dumb orc scum.jpg (505KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stupid dumb orc scum.jpg
505KB, 1920x1080px
>>388226346
>
>>
Voice Acting can seriously hurt an RPG.

Skyrockets the budget while also cutting down on dialogue; Morrowind to Oblivion being a standout example.
>>
>>388226346
How can a human being have such shit taste
>>
>>388227113
>shit opinions in /v/
not surprising at all
>>
>>388227113
As an outsider who hasn't played this, his writeup and your response makes me think he's right.
>>
>>388226839
VICTORIAAARGH!! is a good girl and did nothing wrong.
>>
>>388227620
It's hard to do anything wrong when a sheet of cardboard paper has more dimensions and personality than you.
>>
>>388227460
As someone who has tried to enjoy this game, he is right.
>>
Real talk here, is the first one worth buying?

Is the combat tactical at all? Is it open world or not? What takes the biggest part of the gameplay? I'm interested in it and it's only 15 bucks on psn right now, but the gameplay i saw looked kinda bland
>>
>>388227840
pirate it on pc and see if you like it >>388225210
>>
for those wondering about whether or not to buy the first one, here's my take

the exposition dumps go on far too long and happen far too much, and when the writing isn't a strong point it's pretty grating; you have to listen to 10-20 minutes of drivel about how a dragon is destroying the universe and time, very boring

some bosses will fuck your shit up to the point you must cheese them out, if you fuck your builds up like I did, so get a ranger and a 2h weapon user and steamroll through the game

the game drags on quite a lot, and one particular area felt weak to me, can't remember the name of it but it's 3/4 through, some forest with goblins that isn't very fun

those are the major flaws, but besides that it's fun and worth your time, especially if it's on sale
ignore the reddit spacing, not sure how else I could have wrote all this trash
>>
File: Victoria.png (209KB, 302x460px) Image search: [Google]
Victoria.png
209KB, 302x460px
>>388227756
All wrong. She clearly has quite bubbly personality (as seen on the picture) and an extensive backstory to boot (not as evident).
>>
File: 1.png (611KB, 1850x756px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
611KB, 1850x756px
>>388227840
>Is the combat tactical at all?
Up until you leave Cyseal. After that, the game takes a massive nosedive difficulty wise, partially because you get a hang of the gameplay mechanics and partially because of the Cyseal area being a massive XP pot giving you a leveling boost that allows you to outlevel enemies until you're well past the first half of the game. The entire game is an unbalanced mess when it comes to combat and encounter design and not of the challenging kind.
>>
>>388228495
Hi MJKORZ
>>
>>388228401
You are retarded, she is cardboard cutout with a cliche background and exactly zero character development.
>>
>>388228495
Lel better delete this, you fucked up
>>
>>388228790
>>388228842
Don't give a fuck, really.
>>
File: 13452206280.png (62KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
13452206280.png
62KB, 226x223px
>still no ss/vid of the undead race
are we still getting it, lads?
>>
>>388229131
It's the last thing they're gonna show off but yeah it's still in the game.
>>
>>388221660

This. I'm glad I'm not the only one who spots him every time. I stand by my theory that he applied for a job at Larian and got refused or fired or something. It's the only explanation for this amount of butthurt dedication.
>>
>>388229131
Swen mentioned showing it next week in a video. Also, apparently journos have already got their hands on the undead build during Gamescon, so you can expect a bunch of articles when embargo lifts.
>>
Bought this a few days ago, I know it's coming out in like 15 days or so should I just wait for that or play now?
>>
>>388223982

They litterally have been saying that it would be impossible to have everything voice acted, and are now doing it anyway. They didn't change or limit the writing because of it.
>>
>>388228495
>>388227840
I don't know if I just suck at turn based games but I thought it was pretty challenging in Honor mode. Did your minmax all your builds, anon?

>>388229682
You can only play the first act now. I would wait for the full release.
>>
>>388229682
just wait until full release.
>>
>>388229682
wait

>>388218219
just mute the voice volume slider if it's bad, I played D:OS1 with music muted and blasting goa trance
>>
>>388229961
>Did your minmax all your builds, anon?
Depends on what you call "minmaxing". I simply built a dedicated 2h warrior build for my main character and reforged all my equipment every level. I think reforging the equipment after each level up had the most effect on the game being relatively easy, compared to other SRPG titles I've played.
>>
>>388230295
Did you play on tactician?
>>
>>388230552
Yes, I even played with a friend who rolled a mage with minimal coordination and we still roflstomped everything. Really, the people praising the encounter design and "difficulty" of this game have never played a challenging SRPG in their lives and do not have a good point of reference.
>>
>>388230176
>I played D:OS1 with music muted and blasting goa trance

Heretic, burn him down.
>>
>>388224476

that looks great what the hell is your taste anon
>>
>>388218219
I have the voices deactivated anyway so idc. I'm hyped about that real orchestra recordings tho.
>>
>>388229131

Did you even watch the kickstarter update video? No, because OP was too lazy to post it. He said he'll talk about it at length next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWCpzzG8dtE
>>
>>388226346
>Fighters break the early game, mages break the late game
Confirmed for never played the game.
>>
>>388231026
>implying it's not true
Confirmed for never having played the game.
>>
>>388231116
It's the other way around. Mages are sick damge earlygame and regress into CC and buff machines later. Fighters on the other hand can kill bosses in two to three hits later.
>>
>ITT: 2 polarizing opinions
I will trust the anons saying it's a good game.
>>
soon...
>>
>>388225420
I remember finding out a stupid exploit, where you go to your inventory to drop gold, then input a negative value, which will actually make you drop cash you never had.
Then you can go nuts with stat potions and whatnot. If I recall, melee was busted, as you could get high crit numbers, but it's been too long since I played it.
>>
>>388231228
>It's the other way around.
No, you are retarded. Mages are convenience, buff and heal machines early game and only begin to shine damage wise late game when they get access to multi-hit + disabling effect spells likeWinterblast. During the early portions of the game, a warrior with a 2h weapon with as much strength as you can stack, the bully perk and the Oath of Desecration buff is a monster that one-two shots most enemies on Tactician while they're knocked down. The focus on high strength allows you to quickly raise your Crushing Fist success chance above 100% and maintain a very good chance of success for Battering Ram, somewhere in the area of 80%, which, coupled with the Bully perk allows you to dish out ridiculous single target damage. Later on, warriors stil ldish out superior raw damage comapred to mages due to a combination of high critical chance and the Flurry skill, which usually crits multiple times per use, but mages can inflict very good damage AND freeze enemies with Winterblast at the same time, so they become somewhat better in most tactical scenarios.

In short, you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>388231938
That's simply wrong.
>>
>>388232082
Nice argument.
>>
>>388232242
Nice opinion. It's still simply not true.
>>
>>388232296
Nice opinion. It's still simply not true.
>>
>>388230176
>I played D:OS1 with music muted

Pleb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8KmAsD0yXc
>>
>>388218219
Tell me is there Romance in this game?
>>
>>388218219
The new Valve
>>
>>388226346
Clearly you haven't played DOS2, I can admit the writing in DOS1 is hit or miss, but so far in the early-access content it's mile better than the first. You sound just like another jaded cunt, who can't have fun.
>>
>>388232624
fuck off. Go play a bioware game
>>
>>388232816
>Clearly you haven't played DOS2
Of course I haven't, I'm not a cultist who buys early access trash. The fact that you think this is somehow bad is all I need to know about you.
>>
Is multiclassing viable? I played a pure warrior in the original, but for the 2nd I kinda want to mix in necromancy with warfare, in hopes of having a viable deathknight of sorts - and I'm afraid I may not have enough points for everything, or that the damage will suck since I'd have to split myself between STR/INT.
>>
Have they shown off undead yet? Can I play as a skeleton?
>>
>>388233071
Hybrids are weaker than ever before thanks to memory and the new armor/stat system.
>>
>>388232896
I've already played it sweetie. :)
Now I need more games with romance options <3
>>
File: akko.png (184KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
akko.png
184KB, 364x364px
so wait is the game coming out of EA in Spet? I backed the kickstarter but havent been paying attention and i cant wait for the game to be finished
>>
>>388233139
Next week.
>>
>>388233181
That's a bummer, guess I'll just lower the difficulty. I want to co-op with my friends, and I'm aware everyone will go hybrid.
>>
>>388232902
Well you need to get with the times grandpa, some games that have new / unknown developers don't deserve people buying in to early access due to the risk factor. But Larian Studios proved with their last kickstarter and early-access time period they can be trusted, just like several other devs who have used early-access. But aye, clearly you're part of the all early-access games are bad and a scam crowed, keep being a sour puss.
>>
>>388233421
September 14 is full release.
>>
>>388233071
>Is multiclassing viable?
No, unless you're going to play on storymode or something. The reason is simple: enemies shit out a metric fucking ton of debilitating status effects in the game and you absolutely want to be literally immune to all of them with a chance of resisting being at least 95%, unless you're OK with savescumming all the time.

Most of the players will reach around level 20 in their playthrough, which gives you around 50 ability points and these 50 ability points are enough to raise 3 skills to their maximal value (1+2+3+4+5)x3=45 and a single skill to level 2. Since the game offers additional quest related ability points, you can max out or almost max out 4 skills, no more. Now, 2 of these skills must be Bodybuilding and Willpower, if you really want to be immune to status effects, since you will still need to stack items that give bonuses on top of maximum BB and WP scores to mitigate the fact that enemy status effect success rates can reach beyond 100%.

In the end, you're left with 2 (two) skills to choose for your character and you can't really multiclass much with just 2 skills.
>>
>>388233520
>Watching all the kickstarter update videos

Swen is so god damn passionate about this game and his studio.
>>
>>388233701
Also, this applies to DOS, obviously, since I haven't played DOS2 yet.

>>388233520
>it's OK when LArian does it
Did I mention cultists yet?
>>
>>388233709
Yeah, I'm surprised anyone who's been in the industry as long as he has still has so much passion, most people in his position seem to self destruct.

>>388233813
I said any developer that proves them self has the right to be backed or funded during early-access. Shit like Darkest Dungeon, Portal Knights, Subnautica have all been solid products by developers that clearly have a sense of quality. But if you wanna keep thinking I'm some Larian fan boy be my guest.
>>
>>388234196
>it's OK when a developer that fits my arbitrary definition of a "proven developer" shits out EA cancer
No need to explain anything more, I can see you're a hypocrite already.
>>
>>388234447
A developer could make a game I think is trash but If the people who backed it felt like they got what they paid for, then they are trust worthy in the fact that you can trust them to actually deliver on promises made during early-access period / kickerstarter. Doesn't come down to personal opinion it comes down to studios that actually give a fuck about their fan bases and don't just spout industry bullshit to get sales.
>>
>>388234868
>people who backed it felt like they got what they paid for
This is possible to establish only after a game has entered EA and feedback has been received, which means that you're basically arguing that any and all EA games are OK, since you can't get any feedback before you actually launch the EA. Your mental gymnastics are amusing, but not everyone is stupid to fall for this type of shilling.
>>
>>388235596
That isn't true, a game could get backed on kickstarter drop a bunch of crap in early-access that was previously promised and if that was the case it wouldn't be okay. It's not all about backer/fan feedback it's about sticking to what was originally promised in the sales pitch. Man don't bother responding we aren't going to agree on this.
>>
File: etBOJriL1JY.jpg (71KB, 378x489px) Image search: [Google]
etBOJriL1JY.jpg
71KB, 378x489px
>>388218219
>Sebille is voiced by Alix Wilton Regan
Oh baby.
>>
File: puff of logic divinity.webm (3MB, 1630x702px) Image search: [Google]
puff of logic divinity.webm
3MB, 1630x702px
>>388225420
I jumped into it after playing DOS and it feel just right
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.