[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>someone posts some fanfiction. >Everyone acts like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: question-mark[1].jpg (35KB, 743x1441px) Image search: [Google]
question-mark[1].jpg
35KB, 743x1441px
>someone posts some fanfiction.
>Everyone acts like this is official confirmation from Valve Software that HL3 is never getting made.

I don't get it.
>>
>>388214186
It was literally posted on Marc Laidlaw's official site, you dingus.
>>
The lead writer wrote how his vision of HL3 would have played out. Anything Valve puts out after this wouldn't be true to the originals. It's like Konami releasing MGS6 without Kojima. It's not even the same series anymore.
>>
It was the same guy who wrote all the other games
It's the plot he had planned
Of course, it's not a 100% de-announcement, but he wouldn't release that if it wasn't completely invalid
>>
>>388214708
>it was literally posted on [someone who quit Valve last year's] official site.

Wake me up when Valve says it isn't happening.
>>
File: d27.jpg (32KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
d27.jpg
32KB, 622x626px
>>388214186
>>
>>388215764
No really. Someone who doesn't work at Valve any more posts his script for an entirely different game and somehow HL3 is confirmed never happening. There is literally nothing stopping Valve from making Episode 3 and then HL3 outside of their own incompetence. If you're just upset over the man quitting, ala >>388214793, then the sticky should have gone up last year when it was "confirmed dead" in the first place.
>>
>>388214186
Unrelated, but someone tell me the name of an old metroidvania-ish flash game where the protagonist kinda looked like that clipart guy.
>>
>>388216140
>Kojima doesn't work at Konami any more, so what? He was just some guy who worked for them. I'm sure Metal Gear Survive will be just what fans of the series have been waiting for.
>>
>>388216410
Ignoring whether or not Kojima is a good author, it is clear his style is irreplaceable. In this case, there are dozens of sci-fi authors that could write Half Life. Probably better, too, given what I've read today by this man.

Your comparison is invalid.
>>
>>388214793
Not Half Life 3. Half Life 2 Episode 3.
Half Life 3 would have probably been you playing as Alyx.
>>
>>388216756
Why would Marc Laidlaw leave if not for the fact that they don't plan on ever releasing a new Half Life and are all busy developing their masturbatory hats and VR bullshit?

For reference, I don't take this as official confirmation that HL3 is never getting made. I knew that HL3 was never getting made for years now.

The author sharing what Episode 3 would have been like if Valve didn't go the Nu-Valve way was just a nice closure.
>>
>>388216140
yeah I'm sure half life 3 is coming any day now

mark laidlaw, the guy with actual inside information about the game, clearly feels like it's never going to come out and so he at least released the plot so the fans wouldn't be left completely in the dark
>>
>>388217073
>Why would Marc Laidlaw leave
Because Valve is a terrible place to work.
>if not for the fact that they don't plan on ever releasing a new Half Life
Apparently it took nine years for him to get the memo if this was the case.

>>388217115
>yeah I'm sure half life 3 is coming any day now
>if I just pretend he said certain things, I can pretend I won an argument against him. Now I'm a big boy.
>>
>>388217320
>Apparently it took nine years for him to get the memo if this was the case.
nah mate, he was under NDA until very recently
>>
So who at Valve is going to write the next HL, denialfags?

Everyone quit or was fired.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.