[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this series so popular? HL2 is irredeemably shit, cinematic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hf.png (2MB, 1600x828px) Image search: [Google]
hf.png
2MB, 1600x828px
How is this series so popular? HL2 is irredeemably shit, cinematic shooter with lame gunplay, bad AI, and half of it is essentially a tech demo for the Source engine.
>>
It was one of the first games to weave narrative into the gameplay itself, not being reliant on cutscenes. Personally I've never found this that impressive. The result is just you standing around watching things happen at times. It creates a little less distance between the player and the game environment, but it's hardly a perfect wedding of gameplay and narrative. Half-Life has always been more innovative than remarkable in terms of quality.
>>
>>388211719
plebbit likes it so its popular. welcome to the internet
>>
>>388212060
I disagree completely.
The gameplay is nice, varied and refreshingly open, atmosphere and visuals top-notch, and set pieces are actually varied and memorable.
>>
t. 15 years old
>>
>>388212091
Oh fuck right off.

I fell in love with HL2 the first time I played it.
Reddit wasn't even a thing back then.
>>
>>388211719
Nigger, having something resembling real physics in video games used to be a big deal. I know that you're underage and you never experienced that era, but being able to do stuff like pick up a saw blade and use it as a projectile was fucking amazing then.
>>
>>388212149
And then the gameplay comes to a full stop for minutes at a time because the game needs to perform a plot dump without it being a skippable cutscene.
>>
File: 70_20170607131827_1.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
70_20170607131827_1.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>388212149
I remember this guy and the giant plant-like monster in the test chamber. That's about it. I played it earlier this year.
>>
File: tfw woke.jpg (8KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
tfw woke.jpg
8KB, 239x211px
I agree OP valve fanboys are reddit tier. "valve" games or mods they steal and sell are overrated garbage snoozefests.
>>
>>388211719
I can't imagine the type of person who thinks it's shit. My dad is 48 and played it for the first time last year. He loved it. He kept calling me every other day to tell me or ask me stuff about it.

It's a good game and only underage new fags would say otherwise.
>>
>>388213089
>My daddy says it's good!
How about actually explaining why it's good?
>>
>>388213089
I think your dad is lonely and wants to spend time with his son. You should go fishing with him. Its good for the soul
>>
>>388213190
How about playing it and seeing for yourself instead of being a contrarian retard you stupid faggot ?
>>
>>388211719
I am SO happy these fucking babies arent getting their fucking game.

Its what you get for bitching and moaning nonstop.Valve makes too much money off steam to even give a flying fuck.

suck your own small limp penis, you fucking cuck niggers. enjoy half life 3 never
>>
>>388213302
We play eq2 together every weekend and are going to see dunkirk this weekend. Don't worry bud
>>
>>388213318
I played it, it's an okay shooter with shitty pacing. Nothing special. Stop sucking Valve's cock.
>>
>>388211719
>a tech demo
Yea i miss that time where new games were so impressive that they were considered as tech demo.
>>
>>388213501
I'm not sucking valves cock

Its a game that came out 15 years ago and looked great at the time and plays well

Stop being a contrarian faggot
>>
>>388213596
>Its a game that came out 15 years ago and looked great at the time and plays well
Wow no other game ever looked great when it came out and played well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.