[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey and Dishonored 2 are both half off. Which one do i buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: prey.jpg (348KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
348KB, 1280x720px
Prey and Dishonored 2 are both half off. Which one do i buy? Leaning towards prey atm
>>
>>388205305
Dishonored 2
>>
I enjoyed Prey much more.
>>
>>388205305
Prey's way slower paced and kind of like Deus Ex HR, while Dishonored 2 is basically a better Dishonored 1. Depends on what you want.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13784662

to make things simpler
>>
>>388205305
Dishonored if you hate 60 fps, Prey if you like optimization
>>
>>388205305
I bought both, I liked Dishonored 2 more but Prey is totally worth playing. I hope you aren't planning on playing either of these on console, as they're especially bad console releases.
>>
>>388205305
PREY's dog shit. Hope you like garbage art design. Game's also packed with garbage text files. You literally spend more time reading than playing.
>>
>>388205305
Go with Dishonored 2 if you want what is basically just more Dishonored, otherwise go with Prey

t. dumb asshole who really liked both games
>>
>>388205567
playing on pc at 1440 with gtx 1070
the optimization fixed yet?
>>388205583
pc obv
>>388205515
idk i liked dishonored more than dxhr
>>
I pirated Prey, but liked it so much that decided to buy it.
Totally worth it, a great great game. Probably my GOTY.
Fpsbabys need not apply, because they deduce that if you have guns you NEED to go gunblazing
>>
>>388205305
get styx: Sod
>>
Also forgot to ask which one has more replayablitiy
>>
Prey runs like butter, has a fantastic aesthetic and atmosphere, and does a great job at adopting the immersive sim for a modern audience. Genuinely feels like a system shock sequel.

Haven't play Dishonored 2 yet but I would wholeheartedly recommend Prey.
>>
>>388205305
Prey, both games are heavily derivative of something else but Dishonored 2 is just a lazy retread
>>
>>388205749
Out of my own curiosity, what difficulty did you play on? I normally like playing on harder difficulties but felt like the combat was... wonky, to the point where it wasn't even fun. Should I just go for easy and play the game for the story?
>>
if you liked dishonored 1 and want more of it, dishonored 2. If you want a total conversion of the newer dudesex entries, get prey.
>>
>>388205748
>pc obv
What video card do you have? I played Dishonored 2 with an overclocked 1070 and was able to more or less max it at 2560x1440 (with the dynamic resolution scaling feature enabled and set at 85%). Was mostly 60fps.
>>
>>388205305
prey, dishonroed 2 is better than 1 level design wise
but prey has more content and also very good level design
what setting you like most alien infested space station or colony with magic
>>
>>388205305
I only played Prey
it was decent, the textboox definition of a real 7/10 game
>>
>>388206118
i have an overclocked 1070 and im playing at 1440
i have gsync too so that might help
>>
>>388206058
Went in normal.
When I pirated the game I could barely play it at easy.
So this time I invested a bit on damage neuromods, but still stealth around as much as possible.
To fully enjoy it you need to understand that this isnt a fps. Each weapon has an usage, and each enemy has a weakness. You need to plan your engagement and use all your tool.
When you get used to that mindset, it all clicks and is enjoyable as fuck
>>
>>388206246
I don't have gsync but the game very rarely dropped below 60fps, and when it did it was momentarily and mostly not during action. I didn't play it at launch but there's no way it ran like this when people bitched.
>>
>>388206335
I guess I was having fun until I got back into the ship from the spacewalk and there's that one guy that splits into two and is generally more difficult. Didn't seem like there was a 'good' way to beat him, but I guess technically I don't actually NEED to fight at all...
>>
>>388205305
I enjoyed prey a lot more. Dishonored 2 has a mission structure, prey is semi open world. Prey has a much better story and better writing in general if that's important to you, but Dishonored powers are probably more fun
>>
>>388206716
I felt the same when I reached the arboretum
I was playing in normal until there, suddenly there's ethereal, voltaic and fire guys.
Easy mode, still felt pretty hard. Eventually dropped it because it was a stressful chore.
Best advice I can give you is:get the damage neuromods, the first stealth neuromod, and the weapon improvements ones. Also, the combat focus one, where you can slow time.
After this, you can easily fight or stealth when needed, and the game gets way smoother as long as you use the right weapons for the right enemies
>>
Finished Prey yesterday, got about 20 hours out of my first campaign (people have said 30 hours, I guess I missed out on some side quests) and it's certainly my GOTY. I'd suggest going with Prey, if you like psychological thrillers mixed with the cliche "alien invasion on a space station."

People will say the story and ending were subpar but I think they were really good.
>>
Buy Get Even. It's short, but cheap. And you definitly wont regret it.
>>
>>388209338
You're still around? Do you know the devs?
>>
i can't believe how many people complain about the difficulty in this game. i played in hard, and i play overwatch and i'm gold rank. i'm not great at FPS. just understand that basically everything can kill you at a moment's notice like a sci fi rainbow six, and be careful.
>>
I owned both, I loved Prey and finished it twice

I couldn't be bothered to play Dishonored 2 for more than 6 hours.
>>
>>388205837
Dishonored 2 has two different characters to play as with unique powers so you've got two run throughs there. Then it also has a NG+ that lets you combine both sets of powers so there's a third. I think PREY has a NG+ as well but there's only one power set in the game.
>>
>>388205305
Dishonored 2 is a game about collecting things that are somewhat hidden.
Prey is a game about collecting things that just lie out there in the open. You just play as a fucking vacuum cleaner and just sllllllllluuuurrrrrpppp Every Single Piece Of Garbage You Stumble Upon clean non-stop.

Also, Dishonored 2 has way better level geometry (Prey is extremely boxy, and uses the ingame space way too liberally, even if one disregards verticality and glue-gun autism), and, being quite horribly optimized, it, however, DOESN'T look like "Crysis 2 in space" (seriously, why the hell does every single post-Crysis2 CryEngine game look Exactly The Same?).

Ultimately, though, the real question is, whether you prefer Thief to System Shock, or visa versa. In case of Thief, go with Dishonored, in case of System Shock, go with Prey.
>>
>>388205837
Prey has multiple endings and several different play styles, I guess that warrants some replayability.
>>
>>388205305
Haven't played Dishonored but Prey is gonna become a hidden gem, it's a great game.
>>
>>388205305
Dishonored is really not a good game.
>>
Both are just awful and have zero redeeming qualities.
>>
>>388211198
It's just so fucking full of itself, jeez. Also, Colantonio is apparently a self-righteous prick.
>>
>>388205305
Prey is fucking amazing.
>tfw fighting Nightmare first time
>>
File: funisforfags.png (53KB, 590x618px) Image search: [Google]
funisforfags.png
53KB, 590x618px
>>388211340
You sound like an upbeat person
>>
>>388211089
>seriously, why the hell does every single post-Crysis2 CryEngine game look Exactly The Same?
Lighting,its pretty much stock.
>>
>>388211340
Dishonored 2 has pwetty colours on some levels, and some really entertaining level geometry, with secrets and whatnot.

Prey however. Yeah.
>>
File: 1476072971426.jpg (1MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476072971426.jpg
1MB, 2560x1080px
dishonored 2 was fucking amazing. can't wait to go back and do a no power run
>>
>>388211403
What's so fun about role-playing a vacuum cleaner?
>>
>>388211375
>See the Nightmare for the first time in Crew Quarters
>freak the fuck out and hide under the stairs the whole time
>Nightmare attacks again after I save everyone in the Cargo Bay, slaughtering all of them
>Nightmare attacks me again in the entrance to the Power Plant a few hours later, while I've used the GLOO gun to parkour myself to the vents above it
>TFW just spammed Typhon powers and shotgun shots from where it couldn't hit me and finally killed it
Prey was awesome.
>>
>>388211403
I just like playing good games. Compared to games like System Shock 2 and Dark Messiah, Prey and Dishonored 2 seem like disasters
>>
>>388205305
>SAw the sale on psn.
>decided to buy dishonored one to see how it is
>Game of the year version with all DLC is not on sale neither on PS3 or PS4
>Only the normal version of the game is available with discount.

Well, thank a lot.
>>
>>388211620
>see nightmare first time in Lobby
>did not follow the story just explore the station
>freak out first
>man up go slow mo
>Gloo cannon his ass drop three recycler charge on his ass Q-Beam the rest

I love how open this game is.
>>
>>388205305
Dishonored is only 25% off though
>>
If i like the bioshock games which one do i get? prey i assume?
>>
>>388205305
dishonered 2 is unplayable fps drops
Prey just decided to stop working on development and just focuses on polish half way and left the ending like a sort of cliff hanger to compensate

I was able to actually complete prey tho so prey.
>>
>>388213123
You get System Shock games
>>
>>388213503
played them already /:
>>
>>388205583
Played both on console without any issues so don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>388213123
yea get prey its nu system shock

Neurode shit and those up down floaty elevators
>>
>>388213123
Yes, Prey.
>>
>>388205305
well, I recently bought both and started them around the same time. I played prey non stop and droped dishonored 2 after an hour. Prey is honestly amazing, its weird how people just forgot about it.
>>
>>388214328
>its weird how people just forgot about it.
Butthurt Prey (2006) fags shitposted it into non-existence. Still mad about that.
Also Immersive Sim is not a genre that is very normie-friendly.
>>
File: 1496302586399.gif (2MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1496302586399.gif
2MB, 300x226px
>>388205583
>I hope you aren't planning on playing either of these on console, as they're especially bad console releases.
this is absolute shit
Either this fag is a fag who just believes in memes or he is a shitposter salty because Dishonored 2 was unoptimized for PC at launch.
like>>388213974 said
I have both games on PS4 and they are fine.
Prey did have controller drifting at launch though, very annoying. Took them a while to patch it too.
>>
>>388215019
Prey runs decently on Xbone, although it does lag in certain areas (I got major frame drops in your office if you have the Russian chick and black guy there), and occasionally textures wouldn't load in (Alex's office had this problem) but besides those two instances it ran comfortably
>>
>>388214328
This
Whenever I bring up Prey in a game discussion, they either dont know the game or know it as "that game that I didn't play, but heard that was kinda lame"
It baffles me
Its GOTY material
>>
>>388216121
Bad/no marketing and "Prey 2 would've been GOTYAY".
Plus, immersive sims are...not very popular anymore.
>>
>>388205515
>Dishonored 2 is basically a better Dishonored 1. I think i went in with way to high of hopes but the dishonored 2 just didnt capture the same magic as one did with me

yea but not better enough to be considered "better" than Dishonored 1.

>>388211089
maybe im nuts but i really didn't love the level design in Dishonored 2. none of the maps really stick out in my mind for being "amazing."
they kind of took a gimmick = cool approach which just didn't satisfy me.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.