[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /v/'s favorite Zelda game? http://www.straw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: Rq0t58y.jpg (37KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Rq0t58y.jpg
37KB, 720x405px
What's /v/'s favorite Zelda game?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13783248
>>
I'm playing TP for the first time
I plan to play A Link to the Past next
>>
>Four Swords
>Triforce Heroes
not canon
>>
Interest bump
>>
File: images (2).jpg (27KB, 256x231px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
27KB, 256x231px
Missing the only good zelda game
>>
>BotW that high
It's good but really? All the dungeons are short and kinda shit and half the shrines are copy pasted. An atmospheric open world with fantastic mechanics though.
>>
Links awakening or the oracle games
>>
>>388198810
>7 votes
>high
Regardless, it just got hyped to hell and back. It'll die with time. It's the kind of game people gradually get sick of instead of remembering fondly.
>>
Once you beat one or two divine beasts, botw becomes tedious, repetitive shit only autists can enjoy
>>
>>388198810
While I voted Majora, and agree that BotW is flawed, I also agree that it deserves to be in such high regard compared to the other 3D-Zeldas - though it is a bit hard to compare since it does not exactly follow the same formula of remaking ALttP with polygons.

>>388199361
I don't know, I think the BotW hype has pretty long legs.

>>388199585
And what is it before that?
>>
>>388197303
I was going to jokingly put Links Crossbow Training or a Tingle game as an option but I knew it would get memed to hell and back
>>
>>388193489
>BotW at the top
Fucking Redditors. Get a good taste.
>>
>>388199862
>And what is it before that?
Starts fun, then declines
A pretty world isn't enough to salvage doing the same things over and over again with horrible rewards and a poor sense of progress
I almost wish I actually beat the game when I was dicking around and made it to ganon right at the start after cheesing the castle. At least then I could've brought myself to finish it
>>
>>388200318
I think BotW is more about the intrinsic value of discovering something. Sure, the korok seeds or dungeon reward mcguffins or even the powerful weapons lose their value as ressources after some time, the game still manages to set things up with its traversal mechanics and specifically designed geography to make you want to go out of your way to places that seem interesting. Atleast that is the effect it had on me, and apparently a ton of other people.

Maybe it's a matter of mindsets wether you enjoy this stuff or not, I suppose.
Just a question: did you ever bother trying to collect the Yoshi coins in Super Mario World? I'm cool with you not liking BotW. I am just interested if this is a factor wether you do or not.
>>
>>388198810
>muh dungeons

KYS faggot
>>
>>388193489
>BotW
>number 1
This is all the proof you need that NintendoGA/v/ is full of underage
>>
>>388201246
It is the best Zelda game unless you're an autistic nostalgia faggot.
>>
>>388200802
I agree. The world is practically oozing with places you feel like you have to explore. The only problem is that once you explore those places, you are inevitably let down. Past a certain point, I realized the only thing left that I liked about the game was the scenery.

Yoshi coins didn't require me to wander around forever in a huge open world and were often a little tricky to get, which was a quick reward and accomplishment in and of itself. I never felt like I truly had to collect them though, so it didn't bother me much if I missed some.
>>
File: IMG_20170324_232122.jpg (2MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_232122.jpg
2MB, 2336x4160px
>>388201323
It's shit.

Still debating on if it's better or worse than SS. Only reason one could like it is if they've never played an open world game prior to it.
>>
>>388201570
>being this assblasted over a poll

Kill yourself faggot
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>388200309
>>388201246
>>388201570
Autism.
>>
>>388201693
How am I assblasted? I'm not the one telling people to kill themselves cause they don't like my favorite game you fragile little fanboy. I simply made an observation that /v/ is full of underage.
>>
>>388201323
BoTW isn't even a real Zelda game. It could've easily been an entirely new IP if they hadn't slapped the Zelda skin over it.
>>
>>388201926
Considering shit like Four Swords, Triforce Heroes, Spirit Tracks, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker are all Zelda games...
>>
>>388201880
Sure thing sweetie. Either man the fuck up or go back to redddit.
>>
>>388202063
Majora's Mask and WW are good Zelda games though, and have all the elements of a Zelda game.
>>
>>388202171
Majora's Mask has a time limit, Zelda games don't have time limits, not a Zelda game.
>>
>>388202136
>>
>>388201570
I disagree. I think that it is a pretty good counterpoint to the huge number of open world games released in recent years, differentiating itself with good game design in its mechanics and overlaying systems.
>>
>>388202229
BotW babies everyone.
>>
>>388201926
The Legend of Zelda isn't even a real Zelda game.
>>
File: 1392266161583.jpg (408KB, 1046x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1392266161583.jpg
408KB, 1046x1040px
>>388202323
spotted the autistic fedora cuck
>>
Why do babbys here love Majora's Mask?
Just try to replay that game now and see how boring is.

First playthrough is an amazing experience but that's it. I could never bring myself to replay it.
>>
>>388202293
Overworld, GTA, and AssCreed all do BotW better than BotW.
>>
>minish cap 3 votes
I'm not alone
>>
>>388202171
>WW
>good
>>
>>388202063
Four swords and its ilk always felt like more of a spinoff.
Spirit tracks may be shit, but it had the everything a proper Zelda game should.
MM and WW contain all the right elements of the series while introducing new things.
>>
>/v/ unironically likes Zelda: Assassin's Creed

Can't be true, truely the darkest timeline
>>
>>388202371
Fragile BotW babies everyone.
>>
>>388202432
>completely railroaded
>proper Zelda game
>>
>>388202378
I just replayed it a few weeks ago, still one of the best games ever made.

>>388202385
In what way do those games have a better discovery cycle than BotW?
>>
>>388202350
The only thing BoTW and the original Zelda have in common is the open world factor. LoZ contains all the elements of a proper Zelda title.

It's also unplayable dogshit without a guide.
>>
File: 1478504962581s.jpg (6KB, 205x241px) Image search: [Google]
1478504962581s.jpg
6KB, 205x241px
>>388202446
fedora mask cucks SEETHING
>>
>>388202665
So this is what the generation raised by Aonuma looks like.
>>
>>388202665
>unplayable without a guide
Are you retarded?
>>
>>388202706
LoZ was shit that only got a pass because of the developer behind it. There's nothing fun about going around bombing ever single wall, torching every tree, bombing/pushing every block/statue, etc. It was shit game design that doesn't exist anymore for a reason.
>>
>>388202706
>it's an old ass game so it can't be criticized

Nostalgia faggots everyone
>>
>>388202665
I managed to play it perfectly fine, 2 decades after its release, without a guide. No, I did not 100% it, but the game was never meant to be 100%ed, atleast not on your first playthrough.

But then again, what are the "elements of a proper Zelda title"?
>>
>>388198810
For as much as I hate open world games BotW did it pretty good. Every corner has shrines and Korok seeds but what did it for me was just running around, seeing area layouts, mini games hidden in obscure areas like shield lady and sidequest. Compared to something like Skyrim main game where literally every thing ended up taking you underground Zelda actually let you see the world it had to offer

MM is still my favorite Zelda but BotW made me feel like a kid playing Zelda again
>>
>>388202797
Ok, you win. It's unplayable unless you're an aspie.
>>
>>388202826
>if I cannot find every secret it is a bad game
The game was designed so that you would stumble over stuff that other people wouldn't find, so that you would go to school and talk to your friends how there would be a hidden reasure behind that wall or a shop in that bush, etc. You shouldn't approach it with the mindset of a completionist.

And no, it is not required of you to bomb every wall and burn every bush.
>>
>>388201570
You again?

OBSSESSED

B
S
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>388203039
I'm not approaching it with the mind of a completionist. I've never cared about that. A game is fundamentally flawed when mandatory areas are hidden behind completely random tiles that give zero indication that they're any different from any other tile. There's a reason future Zelda games put cracks in walls that you could bomb.
>>
I really liked Spirit Tracks because I always felt sad that Zelda has been ripped from her body. It actually made me want to finish the game and help her get her body back. It made Zelda more than just a princess, it actually gave her a personality and made her an integral part of the story. Same with Skyward Sword. The opening of Skyward Sword developed the relationship between Link and Zelda. It was no longer "Something is going to end the world, stop it", it was a quest to rescue your girl.
>>
>all these people shitting on /v/ because BoTW is so high
This poll was also posted on the Zelda general over on /vg/.
>>
Yup this thread turned out just like expected. The lurkers inevitably voted for botw since the majority of people here aren't autistic contrarions. Then the outspoken autists who hate when people like something popular start name-calling and it devolves into a shit flinging contest.

10/10 thread. Really captures the board culture.
>>
>>388203304
There are only two dungeons locked behind randomly bombing a wall/burning a bush - death mountain and level 8. Three, if you count the lake where you have to play the flute.
I agree that the in-game hints to those places are, well, barely even hints. But then again, those are three very distinct locations that you would expect to have some kind of secret.

I do not say LoZ is a flawless masterpeace 10/10 GOAT or whatever. But it is not completely unplayable just because some late game dungeons require you to experiment a bit.
>>
>>388203723
>27 votes out of 120 people
>so high
It's the newest game that had huge hype and the thread was started with a BoTW image.
The hype will fade. It's not the kind of game that has sturdy legs. The longer you play it, the more apparent its flaws.
>>
>>388204031
So it's Wind Waker?
>>
>>388204031
At what point do you think those legs will break? Just curious.

>>388203998
Dunno, I have seen some decent discussion here or there. Discussion that you yourself did not contribute to, mind you.
>>
>>388204031
Faggots have been saying that since release. It's been 6 months already and faggots are still saying the same thing
>>
>>388204112
Wasn't Wind Waker the complete opposite? People shat on it at launch, but it grew to be a fan favourite after those criticizing voices died off.
>>
>>388204026
A single dungeon hidden behind a single random, generic tile in a map as large as LoZ's is enough to drag the game down into the mud. I don't know how anyone can find that fun to search for.
>>
>>388200309
The best zelda game has hardly any dungeons apparently.
>>
>>388193489

I don't feel like I can vote in the poll, because I've only played
>The Legend of Zelda
>Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
>Breath of the Wild

But the ones that have most impressed me are

>The Legend of Zelda
>Majora's Mask
>Wind Waker
>Breath of the Wild
>>
>>388204375
The burnable bush on level 8 clearly sticks out from every other bush in the game by the way it is positioned.
The fairy-lacking pond does stick out from every other pond in the game.
The final dungeon is the only one being on a "random tile", and even then the rock it is on is unique in the game.

That being said, I can see why some people would not enjoy that. Let me come out and say that it is utter bullshit.
But why does that retroactively make the rest of the game not fun? Think of the moment to moment actions that you do - traversing a world that you don't know and that seems to be full of secrets. Is that not fun? If not, then those games probably just aren't for you, and you probably wouldn't enjoy something like BotW either.
>>
>>388204114
Hard to say. Considering the length of time in between Zelda titles, its still too early. Though I think a lot of it now has simply become people trying to defend it out of principle. Not to say they didn't enjoy it; I'm sure they did. At least more than me anyway. But once the honeymoon phase is over, I see it falling well short of OoT and the like in the long run.
>>
>>388205067
>But once the honeymoon phase is over, I see it falling well short of OoT and the like in the long run.
I don't think so. The hype behind BotW and especially the post-release hype have been much bigger than of any other Zelda title's release I actively experienced (and that means most of them since the oracle series, I guess).
I think public opinion of the game will eventually settle down as "that game that almost dethroned OoT", and that is still a pretty big accomplishment seeing how OoT keeps being praised as the go-to best game ever even by people who do not understand why it got that status in the first place.
If you just mean on /v/, that is of course an utterly different situation. For example, /v/ loves OoT (which means, many people on /v/ love OoT), but that results in an equally sized pushback from people who dislike OoT, resulting in it being shat on just as often as it being praised. So I realy don't know how BotW will fair on here. So far I think the situation is similar to OoT, in both cases probably a slight advantage on the "like" side, but time will tell.

The final status quo of BotW's public reputation is yet to come: seeing how the industry in the future reacts to it. If we see major games popping up being influenced by it, or if it just drifts back into history as that one game that got good reviews a few years ago.
>>
For me it's Link's Awakening, but that's mostly because I haven't played any of the newer ones.
>>
>BotW at the top
Lmao /v/ blown the fuck out once again
>>
>>388206310
>/v/ likes a game
>this means /v/ is blown the fuck out
What?

Tortanic really ruined this place.
>>
>>388206021
I'm basing this on how flawed I feel BoTW actually is, not on the reception it's received thus far. OoT is timeless. As a game, its flaws are negligible and it still holds up very well today. BoTW on the other hand has substantial, significant flaws and huge room for improvements that will (hopefully) be ironed out and improved if Nintendo decides to pursue this new format for the future of Zelda. Ten years from now I see BoTW as being considered a turning point in the series and an average to above average Zelda game.

I feel much of the hype came from the glowing reviews, and not quite as much the actual experience for many people. BoTW is a very front heavy game, which I believe is the largest influence for the praise it got from reviewers. It's amazing when you first start it, but unless you love open world games or are just a diehard fan, one quickly realizes that it begins to drag. It's not a game with any replay value, as even the beginning loses its charm after having played it for an extended period of time.

I don't see it having any significant impact on the industry beyond coincidence. To begin with, I'm not even sure what kind of influence developers could take from it that hasn't largely been done already.
>>
>>388204190
No, I mean a game that only has more flaws the longer the play it.
>>
>>388207579
>I feel
You are free to feel however you want, but do recognize it is your feeling. You have literally no proof otherwise
>>
>>388209448
That's wind waker too. Triforce quest was the worst towards-the-end part of ANY game, except maybe the fucking keys in prime

Sailing only gets more and more tedious as time goes on as well, which further makes the game worse as you play as you will be doing quite some sailing.
>>
>>388209696
Do you really need people to say something is their opinion before stating their opinion?

To be fair, I'm basing that off of knowing how reviewers operate, not completely pulling it out of my ass. Of course I could always be wrong, but I'm not stating it arbitrarily.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.