[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've not played many turn-based RPGs but I just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: lisa-rpg-1.jpg (167KB, 628x635px)
lisa-rpg-1.jpg
167KB, 628x635px
I've not played many turn-based RPGs but I just finished LISA and loved it. What are some others that are as good as LISA?
>>
>>388192195
I finished it a few days ago as well and played Lisa The Joyful yesterday, but it was shit compared to The Painful.
>>
>>388192347
Would you say it's still worth playing?
>>
>>388192537
If you liked the main game, then definitely since it answers some open questions.
>>
>>388192537

If you liked the main game. It doesn't *really* stand up on its own but it isn't bad.
>>
>>388192667
>>388192816
I think Joyful is worth playing just for final battle alone.

Also, OP, use Joy. The story in Joyful makes little sense if you don't abuse it.
>>
>>388193220
I actually didn't use joy at all in my playthrough of The Painful. I thought someone cool would happen if I didn't and then felt let down when they force feed it to you.
>>
>>388193770
He meant in Joyful cause it has no joyless thing.
If you don't use joy in the main game you get the bonus dialogue between Buzzo and Yado.
>>
>>388193220
No, gameplay is shit and it answers the questions that didn't need an answer ruining The painful retrospectivelly
>>
>>388192537
This >>388193916 was to you
>>
>>388193916
Like it or not, it's the canon ending of LISA storyline.
>gameplay is shit
It's literally Crossroads 3 with one character, it plays the same as main game just with timing gimmick instead of combo one.
>>
>>388193882
Oh that's kinda cool then. It felt like not taking joy wouldn't matter when they did that. At least they added something.
>>
File: hhs.jpg (41KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
hhs.jpg
41KB, 512x287px
>>388192195
Hourai High School
>>
>>388194073
>Like it or not, it's the canon ending of LISA storyline.
Yeah, but if I had a choice to forget this game I would do so in a heart beat. The guy has an opportunity to save himself from this atrocity, hence my advice.

>it plays the same as main game just with timing gimmick instead of combo one.
Except you don't have a party and spamming this gimmicky attack isn't what I would call fun or engaging, or any other positive adjective you can come up with.
>>
>>388192195
>as good as LISA
Well what are you looking for.

The tone? You could try Lost Odyssey or something.

The atmosphere? You could try Vagrant Story, it has one about as good?

The gameplay? Well it is just Mother 3.

Lisa, from a character and approach perspective, is a fairly unique little shit, though, so don't expect anything to scratch the same "itch".
>>
>>388194073
Not him, but I disliked Joyful cause it felt rushed and like it was made by a 12 year old. I can look over Buddy being edgy since she grew up in a shitty time and went through a lot, but all the typos felt sloppy and unprofessional.
It mostly felt like the dev tried to squeeze as much as possible into the game to answer background questions.
The skill timing and stealth kills were nice concepts, but felt more gimmicky and would've been better off in the main game since they're new features in a 2 hour short dlc.
I liked that it had multiple endings and expanded a bit on Buzzo and Yado.
>>
>>388194530
>spamming this gimmicky attack isn't what I would call fun or engaging
Neither was spamming the same combo attack on Brad. Lets be real, combat was never LISA's main draw.
>>
>>388194726
Anything, really. The only other turn-based game I've tried is the South Park game that came out a couple of years back.
>>
>>388194994
Oh. Well there's a fair few types of turn-based systems, most people like one more than the others.

You've got your sRPGs - those are always good, like little RPG chess battles. From Final Fantasy Tactics Advance to Front Mission to XCom. Worth a look. You've got your first-person dungeon crawlers where the battles are over in 0.2 seconds - quality varies wildly but if it's not something that boasts having 600 hours of content it's worth checking out.

And you've got your more standard side-based affair, which ranges from experimental stuff like Lisa or Super Mario Superstar Saga to fairly infamous hyper-cinematic bloated anime shitfests. Opinion is divided.
>>
>>388194994
You have Lisa the pointless which is a very nice fan game where you play as two characters, one kinda like brad the other being totally devoid of any offensive abilities.

Try SMT Strange Journey for something as "weird". It's kinda like Pokemon in that you must capture monsters, except you now can fuse them and only a handful of them evolve. The story is about a huge hole who open at the north pole and who start growing and a bunch of soldiers and scientists are sent in to study it. It's very different from most other JRPG.
>>
>>388192195
If you like the apocalyptic / post-apocalyptic stuff go for SMT. III (PS2) and IV (3DS) are the way to go.

Check out Digital Devil Saga too. Story-wise is one of the best jrpgs ever made.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.