[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 2017 and Nintendo hasn't released a proper sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.jpg (190KB, 1196x673px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
190KB, 1196x673px
It's 2017 and Nintendo hasn't released a proper sequel to 2006 Twilight Princess
>>
>>388188935
>wanting a sequel to a terrible game
>>
>>388188935
Why?
There is no need unless you mean twilight link having a his own adventure outside of hyrule like nearly all links.
>>
>>388188935
No matter how TP sold in occident it sold like shit in japan. Nintendo doesn't want anything to do with realistic Zelda ever again.

Oh, and the game is terrible.
>>
>>388189354
>>388191201

It objectively has the best combat of the series
>>
File: ganondorf dumbfounded.jpg (14KB, 341x192px) Image search: [Google]
ganondorf dumbfounded.jpg
14KB, 341x192px
>>388188935

>It's going to be at least 15 years until we see Ganondorf in a canon Zelda game and that's assuming he'll even appear in the next game
>>
>>388188935
I doubt we'll see a darker Zelda like it again, which is sad

Also now that I've put in over 100 hours in BotW all I think of when I remember TP is how much it blows BotW's dungeons and music out of the water, which also makes me sad that they aren't living up to their potential
>>
File: Link's_Crossbow_Training.jpg (94KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
Link's_Crossbow_Training.jpg
94KB, 256x364px
But...they did release a proper sequel.
>>
>>388191385
>motion control is best combat
>>
>>388188935
>link knocked up midna before she left and now there's a half humie half twili running around the twilight realm saving the day

bam I just wrote your next game nintendo
>>
File: 1501368918987.jpg (143KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
1501368918987.jpg
143KB, 850x601px
>>388191453

I hope that in that regard they just prioritized putting work into how the world worked in BoTW's case

hopefully next time we get better dungeons with what they've learned from their new open world style.
>>
>>388191457

I remember reading that Miyamoto wanted this to be a full game with some Terminator-eque story, but his idea was shot down.
>>
>>388191683
I hope so but with how infrequent Zelda games release it's a bummer that the latest one is essentially an experiment in making an interesting overworld at the cost of all else
>>
>>388191816
I believe Miyamoto is the reason why Zelda has such slow process. Every idea he has for Zelda is too autistic
>>
>>388191461
>playing the inferior twiwaggle princess
>>
>>388188935

I don't really want a sequel narratively (though I wouldn't mind that) so much as a sequel in terms of design approach. TP is hit or miss for a lot of people but its emphasis on combat setpieces and creative dungeon gimmicks was a hit for me. It's a Zelda that favors the main quest over exploration but didn't go overboard with it like Skyward Sword did, and I was completely fine with that. It's easily the Zelda I've personally enjoyed the most.
>>
>>388191385
Wrong, wind waker has better combat
>>
>>388192742
This is something not even IGN would say
>>
>>388192817
A bunch of cucks can't have a strong opinion duh
>>
>>388192742

Depends on what kind of combat you're talking about. WW's sword combat is hilariously trivialized by the parry mechanic but it is indeed one of the best Zeldas when it comes to item-based combat. Its use of items like boomerangs, bombs, arrows and the like is pretty strong, and definitely better than TP. However, TP straight up excels in swordplay mechanics, even if they end up breaking the AI more than evening the odds. It took WW's parries, turned them into actual techniques, and then added even more on top of that. Both games have their combat approaches that they excel at.
>>
>>388192742
>QTE shit
>good
WWfags are truly pathetic
>>
>>388191816
If I recall that was just an idea when they were trying to come up with what they want Link to wield and shoot. Originally his interest in making a first perso game got in the way when Ocarina of Time's team created Young Link. So after Twilight Princess he decided to try and make a shooter to show his fellow Japs that shooters can be fun and that even shitty otaku cpuld play it and win. His development team were coming up with all kinds of crazy and fun stories they could use. Although Miyamoto told them that he wanted to "no movies" and him killing all of their ideas right there got them all in a rage and upset. Some even proclaimed that they shouldn't/wouldn't even make the game. He wanted minimal story, something in which levels can be completed in around three minutes, and no bosses. They then started cajoling him and he allowed three bosses, but then changed his mind and settled on one. He wanted it to be set in the Zelda universe but his development team(which was also the Legend of Zelda team) said that it would be peculiar to have Link wield a gun. He the came up with what you said, that idea of Link being sent in a time portal to the future in order to hunt someone down. The team immediately rejected his story proposition.
>>
>>388189354
He did not write anything about Breath of Shit, though.
>>
>>388192742
mashing a for parries isnt exactly what i would call good
>>
>>388193239

BotW is already a glorified spiritual successor to WW anyways.
>>
>>388192912

This is true. I don't think it's so much Link's moveset but the way enemies were. I liked that they were pretty aggressive and the dark nuts were basically common enemies later on. But I hated how parries trivialized and simplified fights against all the weapon wielding enemies, you'd have to put your shield up just to not accidentally use it. I also don't like how enemies could hit each other, those are instances when realism goes too far and hurts the gameplay and difficulty.
>>
File: 1459144617455.jpg (214KB, 1280x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1459144617455.jpg
214KB, 1280x1132px
>>388190906
That's probably what he meant. TP Link even rides away from Hyrule at the end.
I like to believe he went searching for another way into the Twilight Realm, for obvious reasons
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.