[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you name a more tragic example of developer mismanagement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: ps2.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ps2.png
3MB, 1600x900px
Can you name a more tragic example of developer mismanagement than Planetside 2?
>>
Maybe 343 industries. But man, I wish Planetside 2 didn't end up like it did. It's such a fuckkng fun and niche genre, huge organised battles are really fun.
>>
>>388157440
Star Wars Galaxies
>>
>>388157440
My favorite and most played fps along with RO2 and Napoleonic Wars.

I was there from the near beginning and the constant bungling and sheer incompetence of the management was sickening. It was a slow motion train wreck.
Completely disregarding the MMO aspect of the game the infantry gameplay is really tight, better than normie AAA fps titles.
>>
>>388158343
I really fucking wish they would make an instanced version of PS2's infantry game without all the MAX suits and cancer. PS2's gunplay is fucking great.
>>
>>388157565
343i took Halo and turned it into a bastardized version of CoD.
>>
File: Tribes-Ascend_wallpaper_04.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tribes-Ascend_wallpaper_04.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: evolve-poster.jpg (213KB, 1200x690px) Image search: [Google]
evolve-poster.jpg
213KB, 1200x690px
>>
File: 1503335151359.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1503335151359.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>388158906
>>
>>388157440
I blame the community more than the devs on this one. All the kiddies went Vanu because of some imbalance issues regarding the mag tank at launch. All of the oldschool players and FPS players went NCR because they had the most balanced weapons and highest ceiling. 2 weeks after launch Vanu starts getting their asses whooped and everyone starts perma rage quitting. If you could see the differences in the general chat between the factions you would know what I'm talking about. Terran and NCR was chill and then you log on a vanu character and it was like Barrens chat on low grade steroids. The game just attracted a fucking terrible element. THEN the devs fucked up once the game was nearly dead.
>>
File: MAG_(video_game).jpg (147KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
MAG_(video_game).jpg
147KB, 300x352px
TOO HUNNED FIFFY SIX PLAYUHS
>>
>>388159425
Damn I was gonna post that. This game was cool as fuck but it was the beginning of the end for Zipper. RIP SOCOM.
>>
>>388159248
No, I'm pretty sure the devs fucked up first by releasing the game in an EXTREMELY broken state with almost no content. Not only was the game nearly UNPLAYABLE, but the business model was ridiculous, balance was crazy, and the very core of the game was shit with how base capturing was designed.
>>
>>388157440
I was somehow able to enjoy Planetside 2 on my old potato laptop with everything turned down. Just being a part of large invasions on bases or rolling out with a whole platoon was fucking amazing. It really is a shame what happened to it.
>>
What happened to planetside 2?
>>
Firefall, that stupid fucking bus is just the tip of the iceberg
>>
>>388157440
>Enjoy playing the game
>Vanu however have overpowered bullshit weapons
>Same with fucking NC

Can someone tell me the benefit of playing TR given how shit all their gear is?
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 318x159px
VISION
>>
>>388160716
TR is fine. VS weaponry can be summed up with having a few diamonds in a sea of shit. NC is the only true "OP" faction in this regard, and I say this as someone with BR 100+ characters on both TR and NC.
>>
super smash brothers brawl
>>
Miner Wars 2081

Such a fuck up by the developer that they did a complete 180 and let the fans ruin their next game.
>>
>>388160425
> releasing the game in an EXTREMELY broken state with almost no content. Not only was the game nearly UNPLAYABLE

Except that never happened.
>>
>>388161074
GRIND
>>
>>388160716
TR get cool commissar costumes to wear while leading their under powered grunts to death
>>
>>388157440
ubisoft's butchering of everything surrounding For Honor comes close
>>
File: 1496958437941.gif (866KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
1496958437941.gif
866KB, 352x224px
>>388161074
The ultimate example. Elite Dangerous is a hockey game where one, lone player has a clear shot at the goal - all the other team's players are bleeding out on the ice to the sides. Instead of firing that game winning shot, the player shoves the puck in his ass, shits it back out, starts licking and sucking on it...and for some reason well over half the crowd goes fucking wild for it.

I actively wish ill upon the devs. They've earned it.

2.4 better not suck.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.