[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>EMPTY OPEN WORLD MEME GUYS I SAID IT AGAIN XDXD Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1503182906431.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1503182906431.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>EMPTY OPEN WORLD MEME GUYS I SAID IT AGAIN XDXD

Is this one of the shittiest and most pathetic arguments for any open world game? Have you never been in an environment irl that is considered "open"?

You aren't going to see a location literally right in front of you in a 360 degree point of view. If you unironically complain about it being "too open" then you might have ADD or some shit. You are the type of shitter that wants every single location in the game lined up in front of them. Maybe grow a sense of patience and EXPLORE the world you are in for once, autistic manchild.

The only time the "Empty Open World lol!" card should even be played is if its extremely large with almost nothing in it, which definitely doesn't apply to most of the games shitters like to call it out on.
>>
The problem with alot of open world games is that 90% of the map usually is just nothing. Let's take, for example, Zelda. Say I don't care about the stupid plot or useless garbage like Korok seeds. There's really nothing on the map that I'm enticed towards exploring. Enemies are just bland and, oftentimes, retarded, landmarks are unremarkable, and most of the time i'm just riding across an empty plain.
>>
File: vice city.jpg (141KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
vice city.jpg
141KB, 640x908px
Bad open world games usually choose the laziest or lamest settings

Like Watch_Dogs and Seattle. Jesus christ what a bore. Compare that to Sleeping Dogs and its version of Hong Kong or Vice City and its conception of Miami
>>
File: Mega_Man_X_Stage_Select.png (20KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Man_X_Stage_Select.png
20KB, 256x224px
>>388152502
>You are the type of shitter that wants every single location in the game lined up in front of them.
Absolutely. All open world adds to a game is walking around doing nothing until you find something.
>>
>>388152502
>Have you never been in an environment irl that is considered "open"?
Even the most barren environments in the world can be interacted with on a level more than walking through and gawking at copypasted rocks and trees. You can actually interact with nature since it doesn't have the same constraints or focus as video games.
>>
File: Rage_cover.jpg (93KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
Rage_cover.jpg
93KB, 300x370px
>>388153265
RAGE would have been improved if it wasn't open world. I don't know why they did that fucking open world shit.
>>
>>388152502
Maybe it should actually be fun to traverse the open world? Then people wouldn't complain about how empty the world is cause just going from point A to point B would be fun enough.
>>
>>388153297
I'd say the best irl comparison would be a barren desert where all you want to do is survive and get through.
>>
>>388153712
inFamous 1 is great for this (inFamous 2 was awful). You had the ability to glide, climb buildings or use train tracks like you're a hot wheel
>>
>>388152502
reddit spacing
>>
>>388153975
Awful

Meme

Faggot

You

Have

Autism
>>
>>388154206
You're mad
>>
>>388154243
Ya I'm mad. Is there any more child-tier shit you want to say?
>>
File: gun.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
gun.gif
3MB, 300x236px
What's the point of having empty space if there isn't anything interesting happening in it? You're literally playing the same game except you have to walk longer between locations. Who does that benefit? I'll tell you who: The developers who get to put on the back of the box "FIVE MILLION ACRES OF WORLD MAP"

It's unnecessary padding.

>But muh realism, don't put everything together because that's not like real life
Who gives a shit? Pack your map with content because it's funner that way. Don't waste your player's time. Fuck the empty open world meme. And fuck you.
>>
>>388154368
get owned kid
>>
>>388154368
>replies to b8 but not legitimate criticism
>>
I think lots of games do open worlds very well, with the bad ones being in that Ubisoft vein, ala Assassin's Creed. Copy pasted assets and activities to utelize a space is repetetive nonsense that dilutes fun.

However! Fuck me if games like Far Cry 3/4 and Dying Light don't use the same formula as Assassin's Creed but they are still fun and I don't regard them as trudgey. Even The Division was a good use of city space with random looters strewn around. Multiplayer tends to make the best out of that form of Open Worlds.

Mainly, I just hate Assassin's Creed now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.