[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really fuckin sad. I want this thing so much and all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7300.jpg (186KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7300.jpg
186KB, 616x347px
I'm really fuckin sad. I want this thing so much and all my friends managed to get a preorder of it except me. One got two of the bundles on thinkgeek. He knows how I'm a collector and big retro gamer and won't even sell it to me for his buy price cause he'd rather hold onto it and scalp. Dude is supposed to be my best friend.

Anyways I really want this thing should I just pay the 250 right now for a preorder on eBay? I hate scalpers on principle but I already know it won't be worth camping out for 12 hours to play it. Very hard decision please help.
>>
OP, why not just ask the day off and camp out at TRU at 3 AM?
>>
>>388127475
What about Nintendo world? I work in NYC.
>>
please just kill yourself
>>
>paying for an emulator
jesus christ
>>
buy a raspberry
>>
>>388127304
>$250 for an $80 product
Fuck no. As a general rule of thumb, I try to pay no more than double what the item is worth if I'm absolutely forced to play by a scalper's rules. Unless you seriously want to play this the day it comes out, I'd honestly recommend waiting for Gamestop/ThinkGeek to put more bundles out. I waited maybe about a month for that and I got hooked up with an NES Classic for honestly not that bad a deal
>>
>>388127671
Are those things easy to set up and is the emulation good? I've actually considered that desu but it seems like a pain to get everything together and working nice
>>
>>388127729
It's cheap plastic and roms you can download off the internet. If you'd pay $80 for that and aren't reselling it, you're still a sucker.
>>
>>388127729
Ok cool thanks I think I'll just hold off and I hope a lot more bundles come out. I already know Nintendo won't be making much more kinda like the nes
>>
>>388127872
I always thought that most emulators ran a lot of snes games kinda shit. Nintendo seemed to have emulation on point... or is it all the same shit? Cause on my android the music sucked for earthbound and would skip
>>
>paying for roms
>2017
>>
Kick and fuck his fat scalper ass nibba. Take that Mini SNES if you want it so badly.
>>
File: 1501761248293.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1501761248293.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>mfw people think it's worth the time scalping for a few hundred dollars
i make 8k in 3 weeks trading cryptocurrencies with /biz/
scalpers should off themselves for being poor
>>
>>388127872
I'll fully admit to being a drone here. I have a million devices lying around that I can easily emulate SNES games on for free, but just speaking as far as the NES Classic, that cheap piece of plastic and the actual UI when picking a game just has so much personality and charm that $60 for NES ROMs at $2 a piece that comes with a stupid little collectible was reasonable.
>>
>>388127304
IMHO try to buy it on release day

just show up at a gamestop you frequent if you frequent one at all about a few hours early and kill time in a way that isn't illegal and wait in line if one starts to form

then just buy one my man

you're only fucked if you live in a big city
>>
>>388128323
Look up hyperspin, it's basically what you want except better and you can set it up to be compatable or with any game or emulator.
>>
have you tried not being a manchild?
>>
>>388128372
Not him, but I'm in the suburbs and with Gamestops MAYBE having 10 units if you're lucky, the vast majority of any line that forms before the store opens up is going to leave emptyhanded
>>
>>388127304
>He knows how I'm a collector and big retro gamer and won't even sell it to me for his buy price cause he'd rather hold onto it and scalp. Dude is supposed to be my best friend.
Well considering that you're asking him to throw away a couple hundred bucks as a random gift to you, maybe you should be offering a little more than just the retail price? He'd probably be willing to sell it to you for less than what he'll get but more than what he paid.
>>
>>388128306
My friend is into cryptocurrancy too and has made money that way..
>>
>>388127304
violate him and keep the snes classic
>>
>>388127729
>I'd honestly recommend waiting for Gamestop/ThinkGeek to put more bundles out.
That's not happening. The units available for pre-order are the only units that will ever exist because Nintendo hates their customers.
>>
>>388128512
This is honestly pretty fucking rad from what I'm seeing. Dumb questions: is it a subscription sort of thing and does it have scanlines? If it's not a recurring payment sort of deal, I'd fucking love to drop $25 on this and give Nintendo a well deserved fuck you
>>
>>388127304
Here you go dumbass, if you want an emulator machine so fucking bad.

https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Complete-Starter-Kit/dp/B06XW6VX1H/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503605046&sr=1-5&keywords=canakit
>>
>>388127304
Is it going to get hacked like the NES mini?
I have one preordered but it's only worth keeping it I can shove the entire SNES (and possibly Genesis and GB) library in it, otherwise I'm selling it.
>>
>>388130083
I'm positive someone will crack the SNES Classic within the first week it's released that lets you cram the whole SNES library on it
>>
>>388130083
no-one knows yet, it's really a matter of when though. could take a week, could take a year.
>>
>>388130083
Nintendo already know the NES has been hacked and will probably put security measures to make sure it's not so easy with the SNES. Might have to wait a little while depending on what they'll do. My guess is they could just put enough memory for the 21 games so you couldn't put anymore on the drive
>>
>>388127304
You could just go and download a SNES emulator and as many roms as you like but instead you're crying over a piece of plastic. Kill yourself you hipster piece of shit.
>>
>>388129982
Ian the emulation legit tho?
>>
>>388130757
But the emulation sucked on the snes emulator I have
>>
>>388130563
Assuming they even care.
>>
>>388130798
if you stick with retro shit like sega/snes/nes/turbographix-16/ etc. yes it's legit. always use no-intro rom dumps and redump iso's for playstation if you want that too
>>
>>388130962
let's hope they don't, also nintendo isn't good at security anyways so there probably won't be anything to worry about
>>
>>388128743
If Anon pays his friend exactly as much as he did for the bundle, he'd be making all his money back. If the friend sucks as many dicks as the post implied (and seeing as he's scalping at all, that's almost certainly the case), I'd bet he wouldn't sell the console for anything less than what desperate eBay people would shell out for it
>>
>>388131029
Yup that's all I really would want it for
>>
>>388127304
just camp out 3 hours instead of 12 and you will get one. find a gamestop or toys r us near you
>>
>>388129574
That wasn't even true for the NES Classic. Not saying it will get significantly easier to find but there will be restocks (at least until years end)
>>
>>388132269
>If Anon pays his friend exactly as much as he did for the bundle, he'd be making all his money back.
Right, which is why he'd be losing at least $150 and probably upwards of $200 by selling it to his friend. You're asking him to sell an item worth hundreds for just $80. It doesn't matter what he paid for it; it matters what it's worth now. It doesn't make his friend a scumbag or less of a friend just because he won't let OP rip him off.
>>
>>388130962
>>388131203
They DID cut the NES classic's shipment after a certain number of sales so it would be really petty cutting the SNES mini's too and have it be unhackable.
>>
>>388132558

I got the same kit that the anon linked you to and it works as you'd expect.

Just download Retropi from here: (obviously the one for Raspberry pi 2/3)
https://retropie.org.uk/download/

Put the file on your microSD card that comes with the kit, put the card inside of the raspberry pi, and turn it on. The OS sets itself up.

As far as ROM's, you get a USB stick and put it into the pi. Retropi will automatically set up a folder structure for you. Once the USB light stops blinking, you know it's done. Pull it out and then put it into your PC and copy over your ROM files to each specific folder (snes roms in /snes, nes roms in /nes, etc etc)

Once you've put the ROM's on the USB drive, plug the USB drive back into your pi and the pi will copy the ROM's over for you. Once the USB light stops blinking, you are set.

Youtube how to setup your favorite USB controller with Retropi. it's easy
>>
File: 8778558.jpg (72KB, 673x601px) Image search: [Google]
8778558.jpg
72KB, 673x601px
>>388127824
It takes an hour to set up if you have no clue at all. You download the OS from the web on a sd card, stick it into the rasperry, let it install. Then you can put games on it via your computer and wireless connection (if you get the rasperry 3). That's it. Maybe play around that the buttons are the ones you want it to be.
Using wireless controllers may take a little bit more time, but not too much. Don't throw your money out of the window
>>
>>388127304
The real question OP is, did your friend know you wanted one and did he tell you when preorders went up?

You can't really blame him for not selling it to you at MSRP because it sounds like it'd defeat the whole purpose of him trying to get one. But if he knew preorders were up and didn't spread the info to his friend who he knew wanted one, he's a selfish cunt
>>
Go onto Nowinstock's SNESC page and mention anything about the Raspberry pi. Post results.
>>
>>388127304
those aren't your best friends anon. friends don't act like that.
>>
>>388127304
What if you paid your friend MSRP now and arrange to provide him with smaller periodic payments until it's reached some predetermined value you can both agree on? Like if he thinks he can ebay it for 300 or some shit, maybe he could give you a $50 discount on that for a total of $250 after all payments. Just throwing random numbers out there, of course. The point is that you need to ask for a reasonable discount instead of the massive one you're expecting from your supposed best friend. Even for friends, that's a lot of money you'd be taking from him. Think about it: if you were a shitty person you could convince your friend to sell it to you for MSRP and then ebay it and take the profit for yourself. Everything has value in this world and that value is rarely what you find on the label. If you tried to be more rational and less emotional when it comes to money you would understand where your friend is coming from and probably be able to work out a good deal for both of you.

Or maybe your friend is shitty after all and he'll tell you to bid on his auction instead. In that case consider it a valuable lesson in learning where he stands as a "friend".
>>
OP, do you even want to be friends with a scalper?
>>
>>388135446
No :( it's sad I've expressed that I think scalpers are shitty
>>
>>388127304
Just steal it from him, also put some bricks through his windows and slash his tires while you're at it.
>>
>>388127304
Nice blog dude.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.