[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Valve considers this game a failed experiment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: p2header.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
p2header.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
Daily reminder that Valve considers this game a failed experiment because nobody bought co-op hats.
>>
People would buy hats in L4D3, r-right?
>>
>>388110717
L4D still has players now somehow, so maybe.
>>
>>388111098
>406 people playing the original now

Pretty surprising. Weekday during school hours as well.
>>
>>388110552
nobody played coop in general
>>
>>388112226
co-op was pretty fun if both of you are blind or haven't played it in a long time
>>
>>388110552
There were coop hats?
>>388112226
Wrong. Going through the puzzles with egg robots was extremely fun.
>>
>>388110552
>Release full-priced game
>Put in co-op mode where you're utterly reliant on the 2nd person, thus limiting it to only being played with close friends
>Expect these sorts of people to bother paying extra for unnecessary cosmetics that nobody will ever see
Truly there was nothing that could possibly have gone wrong
>>
>>388110717
Valve can't count to 3
>>
>>388112365
>>388112385
it's pretty annoying though when your mate doesn't know what to do and have no way of telling him where to stand or shoot without pointing in a random direction.
Seriously the game needed some form of chat
>>
>>388112794
But the game has chat.
>>
>a game with zero replay value
who would have thought
>>
>>388110552
They should have sold co-op level packs instead. I would have bought those.
>>
>>388114262
Or level packs in general.
>>
Yeah, people who think Half Lif3 or L3D or Port3l or a new single player IP are ever happening are fucking idiots. They make endless cash off DOTA, TF2, etc. The new card game will print money, too. They make all those new games, but they only make money on debut week and when DLC comes out, while F2P stuff will constantly print money for the entirety of its existence.

The only way any of those aforementioned games are happening is if Steam starts to die and they need to pull a fast one to get people back on board.
>>
>>388111956
>more than lawbreakers
>>
>>388114959
>Valve is renowned for having an almost playground-like work environment where you choose what to work on and have to form cliques to begin a project, basically
>There aren't enough people at fucking VALVE who want to make a cool singleplayer title
>>
>>388112794
The game literally has a way for you to ping where you want portals
>>
>>388116114
That Valve stopped existing the second they became hugely profitable.
>>
>>388116206
>there ->
>what?
>there ->
>what there?
>do it there ->
>do what?
>just fucking do it there! ->
>>
>>388116114
Can't believe people still believe this shit
>>
>>388116384
either you were playing with a retard or you are the retard
>>
>>388116409
If you read their employee reviews on that one site where you can review your workplace there are people that actively complain about how it's hard to get anything done because the anarchic structure devolves into childish workplace politics.

"Gabe is a mediocre leader" is another common complaint.
>>
>>388116485
I don't know about you but i live on a planet of 7 billion retards
>>
>>388112794
There is voice chat, what?
>>
>>388116580
why do anarcho-communists think that their society would work again?
>>
>>388117009
something about hierarchy being inherently bad. which is wrong.
>>
>>388117349
I mean, the problem with anarchy is that a de facto hiearchy always comes into play anyway from someone abusing the power vacuum and they're probably going to be a shitbag.
>>
>>388117661
they point to the catalonia commune which didn't get taken over internally by an asshole, but was destroyed by external forces after only 6 months.
>>
>>388118058
Isn't a system that gets fucked over by external forces not a good system though?
>>
>>388118739
i think thats why they want to do the Trotsky method of outright revolution against all property, government, and religion on earth. As compared to Stalin who had a tightly controlled government.
>>
>>388112365
It was if you were playing couch co-op. I don't know why valve made it so annoying. You had to load some of the levels via console if you wanted to play splitscreen because reasons.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.