[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just picked up Guild Longsword in Generations, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I just picked up Guild Longsword in Generations, and I'm enjoying it overall, but I'm unclear on whether or not LS has any sort of great big combo that I should be using when the monster is incapacitated.

A lot of other weapons I've played with have some high-damage move that takes time to wind up and release, making it perfect to throw out when the monster is downed or trapped. The spirit combo on LS seems to be basically that, but it doesn't seem like it really hits that hard.

What should LS do against a downed monster?
>>
>>388100731
Wait seriously? Use your spirit combo anon. Make sure you have status on it like sleep or para so you can down them for longer.
>>
>>388100731
Spirit Combo, resource permitting.
>>
File: 9ea.png (790KB, 1390x1999px) Image search: [Google]
9ea.png
790KB, 1390x1999px
>>388100731
>>
if it is a longer opening then just go for the spirit combo but don't go through with the roundhouse. When the monster is about to get up, roundhouse.
>>
>>388100925
stand shoulder to shoulder with your DS and S&S brethren ans use wide, arcing slashes
>>
>>388100731
Why guild over striker? You lose nothing too crucial and you get access to three HA.

And to answer your question, use the spirit combo to get the meter up to Red, or just do long combos.
>>
>>388101340
>why guild over striker
I figured to learn the weapon I should pick it up "as it's meant to be" before trying out any styles. I'll give striker a shot.
>>
>>388101450
In Striker, you only lose two things:
>side fade slashes
>R follow up after a fade slash

It's not a huge difference.
>>
Man, why Spirit Combo is so fucking fun? you know once it hits Red, you can just brutally fuck them up.

>Fight later Hellblade quest with two of them
>Get Red and severe the tail twice

So damn satisfying
>>
>>388101450
>>I figured to learn the weapon I should pick it up "as it's meant to be"
Why are you playing Gen and not 4U then?
>>
>>388102067
Because I'm playing Gen and thought I'd try out a new weapon. I'm not going to fish out my 4U card to try what you consider to be the pure form of the weapon.
>>
File: threadkiller.jpg (112KB, 1148x933px) Image search: [Google]
threadkiller.jpg
112KB, 1148x933px
Noooo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.