[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point to play this fucking game on hard mode? This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: wyQ5ygS[1].png (948KB, 758x483px) Image search: [Google]
wyQ5ygS[1].png
948KB, 758x483px
Is there any point to play this fucking game on hard mode? This shit is not even challenging, it's just frustrating. I keep getting oneshotted by random mobs and I'm like 10 levels overleveled over the average with all the best equipment (I farmed levels, items and money too) and all kinds of retardedly overpowered personas for my level (38 atm).

I'm at the part where you need to steal Futaba's treasure but all the enemies in the area before her treasure are just retardedly annoying, especially that Anubis cunt, and all of their attacks kill my party members in two hit, and even the MC if I don't have the right resistance persona equipped. If they manage to ambush me it's game over 99% of the time, either that or I get all my party members rekt.

This is just retarded, what's even the fucking point, I'm better off steamrolling through normal mode (which doesn't pose any challenge unless this is your first video game) than having to deal with this insta death bullshit which keeps getting worse after every dungeon.
>>
>Persona
>Challenge

ayyyyy lmao
>>
you are a casual shitter, play on safety you babby
>>
>>388100669
>being this clueless
This is what you've became after years of play nothing but nintendo kiddies game.
>>
>>388100669
Indeed it's not challenging, it's just cheap and annoying.The only way to deal with this shit is just get your party members destroyed and solo the game using OP personas like Shiki Ouji or Arahabaki.
>>
>dungeon crawler is RNG on hard mode

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

Go play some old dungeon crawlers you fag you are supposed to die, many times, and rage at the RNG, thats the basis of the genre and what megaten was always all about
>>
>>388100919
Tell me how do you not get one or two shotted by random mobs when you have all the best equipment, the best accessories and the best and carefully evolved personas and 10 levels over the average. Especially at this stage where enemies hit so hard they take 3/4th of your party member's hp with regular physical attacks.

Seriously I should have just evolved random personas and played the game on normal without even bothering to evolve my personas or grind. On hard mode, even if you do everything right, the game devolves into

>unless you ambush everything and all out->win within the first round you die
>if you get ambushed yourself you die
>if the enemy has no weaknesses, if your hard physical attacks miss even once you die at the next turn
>>
>>388101342
You have to be bullshitting I beat the game on hard without even trying.
>>
>>388101059
Persona 5 isn't even a dungeon crawler you nigger, it's a regular jrpg with waifus.
>>
>>388101449
Its very much a dungeon crawler with a VN on top
>>
>>388101445
Did you solo the game using only the mc? Because I could do that. My main issue is with ambushes being a guaranteed game over 99% of the time, and your party members being obliterated by regular attacks from shit tier mobs even with the best equipment and overleveled. I am already frustrated as fuck by this bullshit and I'm not even halfway through, later on I can only imagine how retarded the game will become when enemies start pumping out party wise instadeath moves, almighty and tier 3 elemental spells. Either that or I have to get lucky with status effects, but then the game devolves into rng shit, and it doesn't work against mid bosses, such as these 3 niggers halfway through Kaneshiro's palace, I eventually gave up, equipped shiki ouji and solo'd them because it was impossible to keep my party members alive.
>>
Is there a trophy for beating the game on hard difficulty? If not then might as well go casual mode all the way.
>>
>>388100594
Futaba's dungeon literally has a persona that's immune to curse and bless skills, you have no excuse.
>>
>>388101889
Have you ever tried the defend command.
>>
>>388100594
Then fucking play the game in normal mode instead of making a pointless thread on /v/ you faggot.
>>
>>388102041
You have to play on the hardest difficulties for /v/'s approval though
>>
>>388101889
ur bad at vudya gaems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHoevmgklFo
>>
>>388100594
>Anubis
Nigga just get Isis
>>
>>388102673
>anyone being elitist about the difficulty level in a fatlus game
I get it for a lot of games but persona? Really?
>>
Yes, enemies in P5 do more damage on average compared to 3 and 4, but it's also easier to stealth attack the enemy and get the advantage. Also, your personas might as overpowered as you think (that or you're not using them effectively), so you ought to play a little smarter. Defend when you need to, heal frequently, and always favour your strongest skills against the strongest enemies
>>
>>388103205
*might not be
>>
>>388102727
How the fuck can you deal over 400hp of damage with fucking Freila at that stage of the game? On weak enemies my Makoto deals less than 200. Is this some kind of NG+ fuckery I'm not aware of?
>>
>>388103306
>>388102727
Yeah, I watched it again and the guy claims to be lv23 at that part, there's no fucking way you can two shot that demon with freila and deal over 400 and over 500hp each time. What the fuck is going on there? Modded PS3?
>>
I honestly just think you're bad at these type of games and don't understand the mechanics. The game gives you all the tools needed to wipe the floor with most encounters and then some. Did you do the arcade kid's cooperation? Literally gives you a skill that downs enemies for you, on-top of another skill that will hit for weakness after two-three shots.
>>
>>388103306
>>388103457
I think on merciless crits/weak do a lot more damage for you and the enemy, might be why
>>
>>388103521
This, why don't you use a skill from a confidant you can only unlock after the dungeon you're talking about op?
>>
>>388100919
>automatically converts into console warrior mode at the first post who disagrees with him
This board is such a piece of shit.
>>
>>388103940
I'm sure you're OP but if you can't get that skill yet then perhaps use ailments more often, because they're buffed in this game. If you can't raw damage enemies or you're too stupid to buff/debuff the developers have your incompetence covered.
>>
>>388104183
>I'm sure you're OP
And i'm sure you're retarded
>use ailments
Doesn't help with ambush
>>
>>388104432
Don't get fucking ambushed then? I don't know what to tell you. I've given you about three options and you're still complaining.
>>
>>388104584
None of your options were relevant to the problem
>>
Playing bosses on Hard is fun, but doing random encounters on Hard or up is tedious, uses up resources, and increases the chance of random death.

NORMALLY this would be fine, but since P5 runs on a calendar system and dungeons have quick travel, you're just gimping yourself by fighting a mob encounter on Hard more than once.
>>
>>388104660
>>388100594

Fuse a persona with null bless and null curse.
Fuse a persona with null phys.

The great thing about these games is that if you're smart enough you can cover almost every option they can throw at you. If you find yourself hitting a wall you likely need to go back and fuse better personas or get ones to suit the dungeon.
>>
File: 1492999914481.png (375KB, 589x788px) Image search: [Google]
1492999914481.png
375KB, 589x788px
>>388104660
Make Shiki Ouji with Swift Strike and turn persona memory off so that you always start the fight with him. There, you just beat 80% of the encounters on hard and are at almost no risk of dying to ambushes.
>>
File: 1368504811742.png (2KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
1368504811742.png
2KB, 295x295px
How the fuck do you even get ambushed in this game?
It's like complaining that goombas do too much damage cause you're too retarded to press jump.
>>
>>388104660
>>388105646
People can be really stubborn about not using things that nullify ambushes/instant death/status when it hurts your status/uses a skill slot
I found soul hackers a million times easier once I bit the bullet and never took the death immune gauntlets off. Sometimes you just have to settle for a little less power
>>
File: 1444191221302.png (119KB, 547x609px) Image search: [Google]
1444191221302.png
119KB, 547x609px
>Enemies kill me too fast
Boy, if the monsters are getting a turn then you done fucked up good.
Level Death arcana until you can get the SP restorative 3 and then never worry about mana again.
>>
>>388106023
This.
The "stealth" in this game is so braindead easy that you can literally just walk up to shadows and still get a preemptive strike.
>>
File: 1502730789734.jpg (109KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1502730789734.jpg
109KB, 800x1011px
>>388100919
Jesus Christ, why is Sonygaf so defensive these days?
>>
>>388106041
The thing is though that Shiki Ouji is an all around good Persona (even ignoring his null phys/gun) for where he is in the game and Swift Strike is a stupid good phys move so he won't even need to worry about mana.
>>
>>388102727
>baton pass
whoa, that looks neat.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.