[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can other publisher and developer learn from this and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: keepgrowingperday.jpg (62KB, 739x591px) Image search: [Google]
keepgrowingperday.jpg
62KB, 739x591px
What can other publisher and developer learn from this and the real question is why are you not playing this game?
>>
>>388088204
It looks garbage.

What the other publishers can learn from this is that you can make a weird game with the same graphics as all the other "survival" games or I don't know what and be succesful.
>>
There is nothing to learn as its impossible to predict what meme game will get popular next.
>>
File: 1422401180381.gif (156KB, 525x483px) Image search: [Google]
1422401180381.gif
156KB, 525x483px
>game is addicting
>takes just enough skill so that it isnt 100% random but theres a lot of start up variety that makes everything fresh each round you play
>streamers and youtubers can double dip which makes them upload more and developers fully support this because it creates twice the exposure
>steam market and lootcrate economy means players can get their 30 dollars back in a month or so

Everything is just going right with it.
>>
>>388088204
Become mediocre success, let Tencent take control of your company, then your success will be blown up with esports faggotry and their investment money.

All you gotta do is be willing to suck off commies and Tencent to make it big.
>>
>>388088204
Throw random pieces of shit at a wall and see what sticks, sometimes you get lucky and even garbage can be popular if it's "special garbage."
What developers will see is "if we copy PUBG, we'll sell 7m units."
Also, the suceptibility of people to buying games based on the praise of e-celebs and streamers.
>>
>>388088204
i refunded is because it ran you poorly
>>
>>388088876
Very few bought this game for the Esports angle. They really only had their first big tournament yesterday after 8 million copies sold. If you call that mediocre sales, sure.

It's the biggest success on PC since Counterstrike or Starcraft even before they were about to force the esports angle.
>>
>>388088204
>why are you not playing this game
Because it looks utterly boring?
>>
>>388088282
>"survival" games
It's not a "survival" game, though.

>same graphics
Implying graphics is the measure of a good game.
>>
>>388089101
>"Biggest success since CS/SC."
?
Sold less than Minecraft, Terreria, D3, etc.
>>
>>388088204
But I don't want to play lowest common denominator MP-only normie garbage.
>>
>>388088204
>What can other publisher and developer learn from this
pay e-celebs to shill your game
>why are you not playing this game?
because it's unfinished trash
>>
>>388089350
So you're telling me 8 million sales in the span of a little over 5 months is not a success because games that were released 5 years ago have sold more.
>>
>>388089508
dunno shit like diablo3 sold 8 million in like 2 weeks
>>
It's fun.

Other companies should make games that are fun.
>>
>>388089617
How mutch dit diablo 1 sold?
>>
>>388089617
diablo 3 sold this much because it had d1 and d2 before and no way to refund the shit game called diablo 3
>>
>why arent you playing it
>/v/ btfo
>why are people playing this shit
Every PUBG thread.Proof that the game is shit game dudebro normalfag bait
>>
>>388089508
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

5 months in and PUBG is now the 11th best selling PC game of all time. This is even while it's still in early access and before any sort of official discount has even happened.

It will most likely overtake Diablo 3 (which is the fourth highest selling) at it's 12 million by the end of the year if sales keep the pace.
>>
>>388088204
Nothing. It's a meme game like minecraft or dayz. Dev just happened to hit the right spot at the right time. You can't recreate this.
>>
File: 1500474318852.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1500474318852.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
Games should be very casual so it appeals to normie streamers, generating free advertisement.
>>
>>388089508
>Lettme' just make up my own retarded argument to refute.
No you retarded fuck, I'm telling you you're use of the word "since" is factually incorrect.
>>
They can learn that twitch and youtube are goldmines
>>
>>388088204
>buying early access
>ever

when will they learn?
>>
>>388088204
No Steam Cloud no buy.
>>
-no movement mechanics allowed, PUBG and OW appeal to the masses because they don't have to learn anything beyond aiming and shooting
-include RNG, not Smash Bros or Mario Party amounts that can completely tip the scales but just enough to give the game that kind of hook
-make the game quick to start, normies are too casual for even CoD-style loadouts so anything that gets them in the game faster is better
-add a team mode to make the game fun and social :))))))))))))
>>
just like hearthstone and lol the game derives its success from twitch chats ability to watch the streamer and commentate without being interrupted by very fast gameplay that they cant all understand at the same time
>>
File: 1503199039820.jpg (82KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503199039820.jpg
82KB, 540x720px
>>388088204
>fresh game rules are fresh
heven't played it, but from what i can see, it seems like normal shooter, just with new "game rules".

if you think about it, most multiplayer shooters have been using the same rulesets since the genre first began.
>teams
>ffa
>ctf
>etc etc
>>
Let me save u the trouble.

ITT:
>retards that complain about the price despite it being early access and new contents being added in constantly
>retards that complain about the game being campfest to win even though it's still able to win being aggressive if you just gitgud. i even had a 9 kills win before being damn aggressive
>retards that complain about 3rd person camera when the same advantages is available for everyone, it's not an actual advantages.
>retards that just wanna shitpost despite haven't played the game at all
>retards that watch some twitch streamer play like a retard and decides that the game is retarded
>poorfag
>retards that claimed sniper is OP and hurrrrr durrr while in a real life situation, sniping is definitely more advantageous
>retards that complain about the game running like shit because it's not optimized but it's never realistic to do optimization during early access
>retards that claim it's yet another open world survival crafting etc shit despite the game NOT being that genre. Hell, there's not even crafting in the game
>retards that only wanted to shit on the game because it's cool to hate on everything popular
>retards that claim it's streametbait shit despite it having 300k~700k players, which is alot more than /v/'s beloved cult's favorite - TF2
>>
Literally just last man standing with rng pickups: the game
>>
>>388090318
It's called sales over time and those 3 games have more than a 4 year difference to a game five months in and sitting at PUBG, already the 11th highest selling PC game of all time.
>>
>>388088204

Steal other people's idea and make it better
>>
>make online multiplayer only, fuck single player
>graphics don't matter

And you wonder why LoL became popular. Single player games make no money
>>
>>388088204
You can earn a lot of money by releasing a shitty unfinished twitchbait clone of other games that runs like shit and has very basic gameplay loop.
>>
>>388089728
this. pretty simple.
>>
>>388088204
>playing hearthstone: the fps
>>
>>388092682
whose idea did PlayerUnknown steal?
>>
>>388089108

Funny thing is you probably want to play it, but you have an inner conflict because you shitposted in every pubg thread on this shitty board.
>>
>>388088204
Early access garbage
Yet another King of the Hill mod as a full game
There are better games out
I don't follow twitch streamers
The development team look like scum
"We'll never have loot crates" "Here are some loot crates for charity"
Because I'm not a retard or underage.
>>
>>388092682

>stealing your own idea
>>
>>388094754

Which games are better that are out?
>>
>>388088204
I was playing but had to stop because I've been busy the past few weeks. Very fun game. Publishers can learn that consumers still care about gameplay.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.