[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how's DQ XI? I'm thinking about picking it up next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 582468_front.jpg (143KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
582468_front.jpg
143KB, 500x624px
So how's DQ XI? I'm thinking about picking it up next week. I've enjoyed most of DQ I-IX (never played X because MMO and I don't want to jump through hoops), so I imagine I'll enjoy it, but I guess I just want to see a DQ XI thread.
>>
Not that great, very easy and very short, around 50 hours max. And they added new handholding to the series marking on your map where to go next all the time which old games didnt have.
Its a streamlined DQ8
>>
>>388084298

>50 hours is short

I don't know what it takes to please other JRPG fans these days.
>>
it seem to place more emphasis on story though, if you've enjoyed other series, it would be the best
>>
>>388084974
Well DQ7 was 130. DQ8 was 80, my 9 save file is 400h
But with 11 Im already done at 47
>>
>>388085050

Compared to other DQ games I guess. Even when I was a NEET though I considered 50 hours a good base length for a JRPG. Is that 47 hours including the post game?
>>
>>388085050
the 3DS version of 7 was condensed to 70 hours, and it feels like a drag in the middle. i couldn't imagine what it would have felt on the PS1
>>
>>388085193
There doesnt seem to be much of a post game only a few quests, its nothing like the post game of 9, so im not that interested in 100% it.
>>
>>388085294

>There doesnt seem to be much of a post game only a few quests
>今作のクリア後の要素はメチャクチャボリューム満点です。

Sure, buddy.
>>
>>388085426
I must have missed it then
And its probably because I found the game is just not very good or interesting so I dont really care enough
Im already done and went back to 10
>>
>>388084051
are people buying and playing this without knowing jap?
>>
>>388085595

There are always people who do that. Though I know Nip.
>>
It's fun
And I wasn't too into the other DQs beside 5 and 4
>>
>>388084298
>marking on your map where to go next
Gay.
Does the 3ds version has it too or is it PS4 exclusive like the dumbed down combat?
>>
>>388086570

I've always liked map markers because they show me where not to go if I'm not ready to progress the story.
>>
>>388086627
But it sucks in DQ since talking to npcs for clues and directions has always been part of the experience.
>>
>>388084051
Feels like a huge step down from X.
Feels very barebones even compared to 9,7 or 6.
Its 8 all over again, shame.
>>
>>388086807

>It's most similar to the popular one /v/ hates

Oh, thanks. Now I know it'll be fun.
>>
bought both versions, barely played either
currently phoneshitposting while on vacay
>>
>>388086865
I dont think /v/ hates 8, at all.
Its one of the most loved ones in the west because its graphics over content.
So yeah Im sure you will enjoy 11, good for you, Im going to stick to 10 instead of wait for the 9 remake.
>>
>>388086952
>9 remake
For what purpose?
Please skip it.
>>
>>388086952

More like because it was the first DQ for many here due to the FF XII demo. C'mon man, apply your thinking skills a little. /v/'s been bitching more and more about VIII lately, like they do every game that's the most popular in its series. I played the 3DS version, so I certainly didn't like it because the graphics got my dick hard, I liked it because it was fun like most of the others.
>>
>>388087037
Just dont buy it if you dont like it anon.
Personally a 9 remake for switch would be insane and amazing here in Japan, the 9 DS days were some of the best game experiences period, met so many people.
And 9 is just full of hundreds of hours of content
>>
>>388087138
>And 9 is just full of hundreds of hours of content
I'd hardly call randomly generated dungeons, fighting the same bosses 100 times, bullshit RGN and MMO tier fetch quests worthwhile content.
>>
>>388086952
Is 10 easy to play without a guide?
>>
>>388087417
Its quite easy to play but you wont get far or get anywhere near the enjoyment you could out of it if you dont understand the language.
Its also subscription based and IP blocked to japan only.
>>
At 10 hours. The comments I've read before about the combat being dumbed down conflict with my experience. It seems exactly like the rest. I don't see timing bars or what have you.

I personally think the biggest change which I don't like is the corridor outworld areas instead of the traditional large map. Worlds in other DQ games felt alive and good to walk around in because of how they were designed with exploration in mind. That's gone now. At least the outdoor areas have thoughtful design in terms of variable dimension and elevations, and the indoor areas are well detailed.

But with this in mind and the quest pointers,it does make the whole game overall feel like everything is laid out for you with one path to follow.

>>388087037
>For what purpose?
Well, playing DQ9 that's designed to be played on a screen that's not a piece of shit handheld would be a big improvement for starters.
>>
>>388087608
Oh yes it remains very linear and handholdy for 90% of the game
>>
>>388087404
I would since there is progression and its a lot of fun
The bosses level up and get better and harder by the end you had to learn how to break the battle system or you got nowhere, also trading maps was great, trying to find the best ones with other people was a blast.
It was DQ at its best
>>
>>388087608
>I personally think the biggest change which I don't like is the corridor outworld areas instead of the traditional large map. Worlds in other DQ games felt alive and good to walk around in because of how they were designed with exploration in mind. That's gone now. At least the outdoor areas have thoughtful design in terms of variable dimension and elevations, and the indoor areas are well detailed.
?
Most DQ games are linear at first and only open up after you get the boat.
Others like VII are almost completely linear.
>>
>>388087827
It's not the same compared to older games. Yes, the games' structure is usually such that at any given point you have one thing to do and one way to go to do it, and that there's usually a literal path from points A to B, but by having it all contained in a single open world, I feel like I have more control over how I play the game and feel encouraged to explore off of the path to see what else I can find. DQ games in particular usually had good design where there were areas that you initially couldn't go to, yet could see if you wandered to the area and reached a border or gate. This builds desire to continue to play and progress so that you can eventually go where you can see but not reach.

With DQ11, there's a few doors that lock things away at the start, but you don't ever get a real sense of what is waiting for you beyond that point, because you already can tell from the map what's beyond it.
>>
>>388084051
It flopped, has the lowest sales out of all DQ mainline games, and japanese seem to hate it.
>>
>>388088973
Makes sense, this is DQ8 2.0.
Japan likes 3 and 9 style DQs instead, those that give preference to freedom over story.
This is the most linear game in the series, even 1 is more open.
Im sure the west will love it though
>>
>>388089045
1 is the most open...
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.