[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/. Some friends and I are trying to have ourselves a night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

Hey /v/. Some friends and I are trying to have ourselves a night of playing classic TF2. Before the hats. Before the My Little Pony shit infested it. Before it went free to play and the quality of its average user became inversely proportional to the amount of people playing.

Before matchmaking. Before Mann vs Machine. Before "modern" UI. It was simple. Good, simple TF2. You launch it up, see that background image, hear the music, and know you're ready to invade some bases with an extremely cool retro, 60's era design to them. No wacky shit. Subtle.

Anyway, I was getting carried away, but if you have TF2 1.0.1.8 installed (the 2008) copy, hop on. We want to play.
>>
https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537
>>
>>388075924
Bump. Everybody too happy with Overwatch too give their old friend a try?
>>
File: VirtualBox_2017-08-12_01-00-29.png (1MB, 1608x1266px) Image search: [Google]
VirtualBox_2017-08-12_01-00-29.png
1MB, 1608x1266px
>>388076490
New TF2 tastes like shit.
>>
>>388076038
thanks fag
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-15_21-23-37.png (448KB, 444x416px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-15_21-23-37.png
448KB, 444x416px
>>388076870
no problem, fag
>>
We have 3 people! Come on /v/, don't be a bunch of shitheads. Download it!
>>
>>388077943
>Have game installed
>need to install it again with some random in a server with two other people

Or you could just make a custom server on modern servers and force vanilla only. I'd play that.
>>
Huh, so it was shilled on here. Fancy that
>>
File: tf boardroom.jpg (128KB, 1450x812px) Image search: [Google]
tf boardroom.jpg
128KB, 1450x812px
>>388075924
>Before the hats
http://www.teamfortress.tv/35222/no-hats-mod
>Before the My Little Pony shit infested it
This isn't 2012 any more, bronyshits are rare. Don't listen to memes.
>Before it went free to play and the quality of its average user became inversely proportional to the amount of people playing
Rubbish. F2P made little to no difference in the quality of the playerbase.
>Before matchmaking
Play a community server.
>Before Mann vs Machine
I really don't see how it effects you in any way, it's an optional game mode.
>Before "modern" UI
Mountains out of molehills.

ANYWAY, this might interest you:

http://tf2classic.com/

But stop talking shit about TF2 because it's a good game and the complaints you've made are either incorrect, subjective or overblown. Your nostalgia goggles are screwed on too tightly.
>>
>>388081105
>Rubbish. F2P made little to no difference in the quality of the playerbase.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, so just shut up and leave.
>>
File: tem fortgoldfinger.jpg (197KB, 1197x716px) Image search: [Google]
tem fortgoldfinger.jpg
197KB, 1197x716px
>>388081236
I have plenty of idea what I'm talking about, I know more about TF2 than you do. Your nostalgia goggles are just welded to your head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95iwH1UsFC4
TF2 has had morons in its community since release and it has very good players to this day. The only difference is that prior to 2011, idiots were called "noobs", now they're called "F2Ps".

Buying the game (before you accuse, I'm not F2P) doesn't make you a better or smarter player.

Look at the community of CoD. Look at the community of Overwatch. Look at the community of CS:GO. All fucking terrible. Does having a 60-10 dollar paywall stop the communities from being full of retards? Obviously not.
>>
>>388081479
>bla bla bla bla
Shut up and leave.
>>
>>388081585
So you admit I'm right. Thanks anon.
>>
>>388081630
You're not right. Just leave, though, OK?
>>
>>388079017
this
>>
File: you_are_wrong.jpg (37KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
you_are_wrong.jpg
37KB, 600x480px
>>388081683
I am right. I've provided an extensive argument which proved my point, and the only thing you could say in response is "bla bla bla".

If you're going to say wrong things about my favourite game I'm going to correct you, I don't care if this is """your""" thread.
>>
>>388081798
Fuck off aspie. Holy shit. Let it go and leave.
>>
File: smugffy.png (361KB, 529x500px) Image search: [Google]
smugffy.png
361KB, 529x500px
>>388081824
Sure man, I've corrected you which was the whole point, so there's not much else to do here if you're not going to provide an actual argument and just REEEE at me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.