[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this bullshit, there is no excuse, put in some fucking effort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Fuck you.png (1MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.png
1MB, 1916x1080px
Fuck this bullshit, there is no excuse, put in some fucking effort and work out a control scheme that feels natural for every controller type, don't just tell people that they should use something else
It's lazy and that's all there is to it
>>
>>388075174
>It's lazy and that's all there is to it
please attempt to develop a game
>>
You can still play with keyboard if you want.
>>
>>388075206
Why? That's not my job, it's theirs

>>388075270
I'm not talking about this game specifically, I'm talking about all games that do this
Hollow knight isn't a major problem because of the simplicity of the controls but that almost makes it worse, how hard would it have been to bind movement to WASD, jump to space, dash to shift and attack and focus to the mouse buttons?
>>
>>388075465
Some games just aren't designed with it in mind. You can play dark souls with a keyboard and mouse but you're better off just using a controller.
>>
>>388075174
The worst part is this problem wouldn't exist if they just let us change key bindings, that literally makes the problem disappear
>>
>>388075465
I find ARPG's and shooters comfiest to play with a controller, everything else with a mouse. I don't do either competitively though. I think if your game doesn't have a hell of a lot of buttons to push there's no shame in developing it for controllers.

Game pads have been around forever, anon, it's just these last couple generations that you could use the same one from your console.
>>
>>388075550
oh fuck off console tard git gud
>>
>>388075550
This is another one of those things I hear, it's crap, the first time I played Dark Souls I changed like 5-6 default key bindings and never had a single problem with the KB+M controls
I actually prefer them to a controller, it's probably just familiarity but I do way better at the game
>>
>>388075593
It's not about the fact that I could go and buy a usb controller
It's about the fact that I don't want to, I like KB+M and I should be able to use my computer's native control scheme to play games on it without issue
>>
File: 61QYb2cP8GL._SX355_[1].jpg (18KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
61QYb2cP8GL._SX355_[1].jpg
18KB, 355x266px
>>388075174
I play using a keyboard just because the game doesn't recognize my third party turbo XBone pad. There's no reason why you really need a controller.

I also fucking hate this screen. The game may not have a bunch of intro videos, but seeing that every fucking time I start the game and not being able to skip it is annoying. They should just show it the first few times or something.
>>
>>388075859
Sure Hollow Knight is okay to play on a keyboard, it's not great but it's fine
But have you tried playing Indivisible without a controller, it's a pile of hot bullshit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.