[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interested in this, but never played the games before. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: hack gu.jpg (176KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hack gu.jpg
176KB, 768x1024px
Interested in this, but never played the games before. What should I expect?

Also, how's the combat? Is it more Tales or Final Fantasy? Or is it something completely unique?
>>
>>388074604
final bump, at least somebody tell me if the games are good
>>
>>388074604
It's a game about a fictional MMO, where you play as a guy hunting after the person responsible for putting his lady friend into a coma and along the way, he grows from a tryhard edgelord to a well rounded character. The story is well-written and the characters are mostly likeable.
Gameplay is action-based, closer to Tales than FF. Best to watch a video to get an idea of how gameplay works.
IMO, it's worth it to give it a try. It's one of my all time favorite series.
>>
>>388075540
Thanks! Think I'll give the collection a go when it comes out.
>>
>>388075612
No prob. Always nice to introduce others to the series. It was a hidden gem back in the PS2 days and it's so great to get to enjoy this series in HD with all the added content. This is basically the definitive edition, with a whole new volume added in addition to the original 3 games included.
>>
>>388074604
this the game sao wanted to be so bad
>>
>>388075540
Couldn't have said it better myself. Also should note G.U. is stand alone, you don't need to play the others to understand it, but it still expands the mythos of the overall franchise. There will be a supplementary series of videos in the game detailing them if you're interested.
>>
You know after seeing this get a remaster, i am glad that .hack// is back. I hope this is CC2 "testing the waters" for more games.
It's funny if i was not awake at 3 am in the UK i would not have seen a small segment of a game review show that showed part of infection and made me go buy the games.
>>
I'm still pretty hype for this but finding out that getting the 5th form takes away all your weapons but the new whip sword hurts.
>>
>>388074604
>>388075361
I had my PS2 hooked up for the SOLE REASON of wanting to replay these games. Well, then they announced the collection and I could put it away.
There are no battle transitions, you fight all the enemies on the field/dungeons in real time. In that way it plays like a Musou except without the thousands of enemies to plow through.
>>
>>388079648
The way I see it is the whip-sword is a remedy for the disconnect between Vol 1-3, which were made together years ago and Vol 4, which is a separate entity, probably made using different tools.

For what may essentially be a 10-15 hour expansion, it might make sense to consolidate weapons into one modular weapon, rather than having to move all the weapon data, upgrades and all, from a series of games made to connect with each other over to a more standalone entry.

You could say they should be able to have them all, but it would be redundant to have every weapon and also the whip-sword, which seems to transform into every other weapon-type.

Also, the prospect of being able to chain consecutive skill triggers into combos excites me.
>>
So who is going to cheat mode past vol 1-3? Personaly i am going for a full vanilla run then in to the 4th vol.
>>
>>388080943
Don't get me wrong it is really cool and the sword transforming into different weapons for the specials is nice I'd just really like to keep the other weapons because I like their basic combos.
>>
>>388074604
I can't play this without beating the first quadrilogy.
>>
>>388081719
Yeah, I feel the same way. As versatile as it is, the whip-sword can't really trump the variety of each of the unique combat chains among each individual class. We'll just have to see it in action to get a better grasp of what it can actually do.
>>
>>388083403
PCsx2 and a few ISOs will help you there. You have plenty of time. Suprisingly the individual games can be done in about 15 hours per vol if you speed it and read a guide.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.