[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Make a video game based on the last piece of non-video game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 15810910.jpg (68KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
15810910.jpg
68KB, 314x475px
ITT: Make a video game based on the last piece of non-video game "media" (read: book, music, painting etc.) you consumed.

/v/ tells you if its is the next big thing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Example:

Total War like RTS game set in some fantasy 1800s, but with a bit of demon like magic and a good story modus.
>>
>>388072171
I'M READING THE BLACK COMPANY AND I'M HALF WAY THROUGH THE SECOND BOOK AND I'M NOT REALLY DIGGING IT BECAUSE IT ISN'T VERY GOOD GRIMDARK AND IT'S NOT VERY GOOD BAND OF MERCENARY PALS AND IT'S JUST KIND OF THERE SOMEBODY HELP ME
>>
>>388072171
Twin Peaks, so basically Deadly Premonition?
>>
Heart of Darkness
Uh, I don't really know how you'd turn that into a game
>>
>Red Rising trilogy
It's 4x, right? I don't want it to be 4x, but it's pretty obviously 4x.
Why can I find more translated & decensored obese sister doujins than I can find RPGs set in space?
>>
File: theline.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
theline.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
>>388073271
>>
I just watched the movie "My Suicide". I think it would be a combination of life is strange and Silent Hill. That movie has me fucked up and feeling all kinds of things.
>>
File: The temptation of saint Anthony.jpg (239KB, 900x711px) Image search: [Google]
The temptation of saint Anthony.jpg
239KB, 900x711px
>>388072171
Saw it while browing another board. Sadly, it would probably be shitty indie title not even worth of piracy.
>>
>John Wick

I could make it work.
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (3KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
3KB, 302x237px
Knights of Sidonia.

Deep space mecha game with some high speed dogfighting and melee combat.
>>
>>388072365
But it has memorable characters like Frogger and the Lady, the Dominator, Raven and Limper. What's not to like?
>>
>>388074665
Not him, but I kinda feel the opposite
None of the characters were too memorable or relatable
Some of the Taken were a little memorable I guess like Soulcatcher, Limper and Shapeshifter
But most of the "main cast" was kinda whatever
>>
File: ora4.jpg (55KB, 599x597px) Image search: [Google]
ora4.jpg
55KB, 599x597px
>ender's game
Kind of like mountain blade, you move around in the battle school, taking classes and interacting with people, and then it switches to 3rd person when you have to battle.

Finished the book the other day, ready to start on speaker for the dead.

>mfw the movie
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.