[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without the bad, the good disappears. Post a few bad things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 26

File: Earthbound-Wallpaper.jpg (294KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Earthbound-Wallpaper.jpg
294KB, 1024x768px
Without the bad, the good disappears.

Post a few bad things about good game you like.
>>
>>388066194
diablo 2

real sequel never ever. dev team being disbanded somehow turned blizzard into a pile of shit for no reason. hell isnt balanced so you can solo it with most builds.
>>
File: motb.jpg (30KB, 325x460px) Image search: [Google]
motb.jpg
30KB, 325x460px
>>388066194
>Post a few bad things about good game you like

Tied to a shit vanilla campaign.
>>
>Megaman games
Repetitive
>>
File: SWEETIE.jpg (228KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
SWEETIE.jpg
228KB, 666x666px
>>388066464
umm sweetie thats an expansion pack, not a game ok??? better luck next time
>>
File: dd.jpg (24KB, 324x329px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
24KB, 324x329px
>>388066194

EB had a pretty crap inventory management system.

I could also say the battle system was bland and boring, but the wacky enemies, backgrounds and the music made up for it.

Monkey cave was confusing.

That's pretty much all I have bad to say about it though.
>>
Majoras Mask.

Gibdo Well is dumb as fuck.
>>
>go to vidya board where 99% of people post anonymously
>from >reddit and other gay sites so posting anonymously feels meaningless
>instead of adjusting decides to be an attention whore namefag

why are you a cuck
>>
>Cave Story
Some sections can be a bit annoying, like the fetch quest in Sand Zone.

Also, it's only one game. I think a prequel would be wonderful.
>>
File: 1484706389196.png (293KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
1484706389196.png
293KB, 480x527px
>>388066563
>666x666
>>
File: Fallout2front.jpg (258KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258KB, 800x832px
It's utterly scared of taking itself seriously for some reason that I don't quite understand, resulting in a bunch of dumb non-sequitur shit happening at random.
>>
>>388066758

that's the only part i didn't like about cave story.

and yeah a prequel would be nice, but they port the same game to every new console, with worse graphics and music.
>>
File: CRUELTY.jpg (430KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
CRUELTY.jpg
430KB, 666x666px
>>388066837
>>
fuck off tripfag
>>
Dark Souls 3: too many bonfires
Dark Souls 2: too many swarms of enemies and THE worst m+kb support EVER
Dark Souls 1: most bosses are way too low hp and ng+ can be activated without wanting it.
>>
Bloodborne
The same 3-4 villagers are used to often
The entire unseen village was a borefest
Making enemy hunters tanky as fuck doesn't make them harder. It just makes them tedious.
>>
Bravely Default pace slogs through the end-game even if it is artistically brilliant. And half the classes are good for nothing.

>>388067097
>Dark Souls 1: most bosses are way too low hp and ng+ can be activated without wanting it.
what
>>
>>388066618
I always thought the battle system was exactly enough to get the job done. It didn't need 50 more spells that basically did the same thing and I wouldn't use anyways. Not to mention having only a few moves for each character compliments the rolling health counter because you have less to scroll through when your frantically rushing to the right PSI move.

I also think the limited inventory was intentional and made you actually think about what you were taking with you.

The whole calling your sister thing did suck ass though.
>>
>>388067097
>Dark Souls
>not the game completely falling apart after Anor Londo with the possible exception of Duke's Archives
>>
Weapon durability in System Shock 2 is a joke. The wrench also trivializes most other weapons, so they just become curiosities instead of logical upgrades. The code number hidden in the paintings bit is fucking tedious, though the code isn't randomized, so you can easily bypass this once you've beaten the game before ( or even in your first playthrough if you're that much of a shitter. )

And finally, the last hour of the game is pretty terrible, and really only gets a tiny bit better if you've played the first game, and only because nostalgia and NAH being so fucking bad and out of place.
>>
>>388067420
I asume you're whatting the low boss hp thing, I just think if you have decent damage output and are familiar with soulsgames the bosses can be punished too easily due to their slow attacks and bad ai and thus should have more hp

>>388067721
Ds1 is a happy accident, some areas are royaly fucked yeah but I think thats just all over the place (burg and lava), not specifically post anor londo
>>
>>388067721
lava land is the only area that's irredeemably awful. The second half is definitely weaker overall but I think people tend to exaggerate just how bad late game is.
>>388068176
I agree that some bosses are a little too easy but I don't think increasing boss hp is the way to go about improving them. I feel like that would just turn them into a slog to get through instead of an actual challenge.
>>
Pokémon Emerald with Seafloor Cave
>>
Breath of the Wild lets you do some crazy things with your Runes but none of the puzzles the game gives you put them to much use besides the 4-5 stock methods of utilizing them. The 120 shrines never really amped up difficulty besides the combat trials and way too many were "oh you made it here's the orb we couldn't be assed to make a shrine for you to do" even when the challenge to reach the shrine tend to never be challenging at all. I know I'm barking up the wrong tree for challenging puzzles in Zelda but it was still a disappointment. And why Oracle of Ages is still one of my favorite Zeldas.

>>388068176
No I meant the NG+ thing. Sure 2 and 3 let you choose to advance to NG+ at a bonfire but you're still choosing when to fight Gwyn in 1 so it's not like it gets dropped on you.
>>
File: sad.gif (5KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
5KB, 80x80px
Metroid Fusion

The unskippable intro sequence, the handful of unnecessary NAV room visits, the audio kinda is the gameboy advances fault i guess. The lack of more SA-X encounters, timed ones at least since the game suggested that it is hunting you down

For the English version, the removal of hard mode
>>
File: ry[1].jpg (507KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
ry[1].jpg
507KB, 1500x844px
>Story mode was needlessly long
>Story versions of songs were fine, but not needed
>Could've used more sequels (Munchy Monk 2, Lockstep 2)
>>
>>388066537
I fucking hate you so much and finding out you eat steak with ketchup put you on a tier lower than dogshit.
>>
File: no.png (112KB, 957x719px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
112KB, 957x719px
>>388066194
Apple Woods and Aegis Cave
>>
>>388066618
>combat
Its fine, basic RPG stuff
>inventory
Could have been better, but makes each character feel more useful
>monkey cave
yep
>>
Dropped potential with Wonder Pink being blind over Luka due to losing her brother and never got resolved or fleshed out like Blue's did
A lot of obtuse requirements for things like Kahkoo-Regah, platnium coins, bottlecaps, wonderful ones, and others. How people 101% this game without a guide I will never know.
Not being able to rewatch the Wonder-eyes transformations on multiple playthroughs
Wonder Pink shitting up every single scene with Vorkken
Wonder Green shitting up every scene trying to be somewhat serious.
Green/Pink stealing time for bantz with White, Yellow, and Black.
Wonder Pink.
>>
>>388068863

My friend did a blind ds1 playthrough after ds3, ds3 warns u, ds1 doesn't, so he planned to finish the last boss and then go google how to get into the dlc but now he's in ng+... thats what I mean.
>>
File: file.png (208KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
208KB, 250x350px
no 2v2

it's literally impossible to carry more than one bad teammate
>>
>>388066563
her face reminds me of ME:A protagonist
>>
File: Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg (92KB, 350x445px) Image search: [Google]
Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg
92KB, 350x445px
The camera is absolute ass. The game encourages you take risks on oncoming traffic but more often than not you can't see any of the obstacles until it's too late, thanks to the low angle of view.

There aren't even options for different camera settings as well. The game is so tightly designed, but this issue made it into the final product somehow.
>>
File: 1424323477799.jpg (167KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1424323477799.jpg
167KB, 1000x800px
Zora Eggs and the Well
>>
File: Deadrising_jessie_portrait.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Deadrising_jessie_portrait.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>waifu dies
>survivors are braindead retarded
>unarmed moves are finicky to pull off
>every game after never captured the atmosphere as well
>DR4. exists
>>
>>388067932
I think the devs said they wanted to put it into the story that The Many was releasing a gas onto the ship that corroded weapons. They thought it might confuse players though.

Last few levels just feel like you're trying to navigate a maze though, level design starts to get awkward and it's easy to get turned around and lost. The objectives were simple but they started to get stretched out more. Went from find a keycard/audio log, recharge a battery, etc. to find multiple vials of a toxin and places to put them, find multiple cyber ninjas and places to put the override cards, find multiple codes hidden in paintings, find multiple black eggs to destroy, etc. Kind of felt like they ran out of ideas or time and rushed to fill up the levels.
>>
File: MEGA COCK.png (117KB, 1030x1152px) Image search: [Google]
MEGA COCK.png
117KB, 1030x1152px
Mission 5 Very Hard is so bullshit that not even snaking helps, unlike the mission pic related bitches about
>>
File: 1427346457664.jpg (307KB, 888x666px) Image search: [Google]
1427346457664.jpg
307KB, 888x666px
Every single installment in Armored Core has framerate problems. There's a consistent stream of imbalanced or underpowered parts that normally never see use. Singleplayer is a little on the easy side unless you avoid the blatantly OP weapons, which you shouldn't have to do since there shouldn't be OP weapons to begin with. Alot of missions are closed and hallway-esque, and only rarely do you get open missions.Everything past the third gen focused too much on multiplayer.

I truly want to love this series, but it shows its age more than I'm comfortable with.
>>
File: 1490444805351.png (181KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490444805351.png
181KB, 600x600px
Berseria has a lot of wasteful mini-games (except the card game, that shit was dope) and equipment maxing is super tedious.

>>388069416
Guess that makes sense but it's still expecting convenience. All through the game it's flat-out telling out to replace Gwyn to end your journey so why you would go fight the final boss before doing everything else is beyond me.
>>388069578
Zora eggs would have been fine if not for requiring two trips.
>>
>>388069510
I don't like how there isn't a mini map and you have to actually pause to know where the fuck you want to go even in fucking races which kills all momentum when you have to plot a course like a tourist. This is going to sound retarded like a food analogy but imagine if you're watching Fast and Furious then a character stops his car midscene pulls out a map ruining all speed.
>>
>>388069675
F-Zero has missions? Is this guy even talking about F-Zero? Should I play an F-Zero some day?
>>
>>388069009
I wish this game was all new since the new rhythm games were really good
>>
>>388066194
almost everything after summers is boring, leaving the towns was a mistake
>>
>>388069830
Apparently now you can dupe Zora Eggs due to a newly found glitch, though i've never done it. Still, it ends up requiring about 3 trips total unless you have four bottles by that point, and there's not really much opportunity for that. Bottle 1 is from the Witches, Bottle 2 is from Gold Dust, Bottle 3 is from the Ranch, Bottle 4 is from the Graveyard but you're not meant to go there until after Great Bay, 5 is from Kafei's Sidequest, and 6 is from the Beaver Race, which you can't do without going to the fortress first.

It's all just a horrible part of the game and generally you'll only have 2-3 bottles by that point, since Kafei/Graveyard require going so far out of your way. The Well is shit because you need to buy 5 Magic Beans, get Milk, get Deku nuts, get Bombs, kill a Big Poe in there, and catch a Bug.

>>388070136
F-Zero GX has missions. Mission 1's doable, Mission 2's where it starts to get challenging, and then it only gets harder from there. You unlock stuff for doing them on Hard and Very Hard too, and Very Hard is basically Hell's younger brother.
>>
>>388066194
Fourside's a drag, and usually where i lose interest in a playthrough. If it's not there's it's getting Poo and realizing he's good for nothing but Starstorm spam, can't even eat most food to heal
>>
>>388070290
i like fourside but both the monkey and mole caves can fuck off
>>
>>388070290
I thought Poo was pretty useful, it helped a lot having another party member capable of healing/reviving. He's not unique like the rest of the party, basically just a combo of Ness + Paula but I thought he was useful.
>>
>>388070358
Forgot about the mole caves, I don't think i've had a playthrough where i didn't end up getting lost looking for the last one. Fourside itself is filled with so many event flags that it just pisses me off, running around doing things until something happens
>>
No crying until the end

I never finished EB, I took a break during the mole cave segment, and when I came back I forgot which routes I had finished and lost all drive to keep crawling around. Maybe one day I will play it again.
>>
>>388070358
Mole cave wasn't so bad, it can be a little confusing but it's way better than the monkey cave. There was a similar section in Majora's Mask where you had to trade items like that, I didn't enjoy it there either especially with the time limit. Trading sequences aren't really that fun most of the time.
>>
>>388066194
Bed of chaos is an abortion, but its kinda cool.
>>
>>388069951
You can tell which streets to take by paying attention to the signs on the top of the screen. The ones following the "intended" route glow a little bit, and your car uses the turn signal to, well, signal you which street to take as well.

Not being able to see the street exits are a bigger problem to me, which comes back to the camera issue. A lot of the time I know where to go based on the map, but I either turn to early or too late and end up crashing.
>>
>>388066194
My favorite game as well.
Most of Jeff's gadgets are useless or also done by PSI moves.
The small amount of gadgets that AREN'T garbage (looking at you heavy bazooka and multi-bottle rockets) are WAY too good.
Of course, the beginning of the game is pretty grindey if you don't know what you're doing. Even if you're semi-experienced, it's basically the hardest part of the game.
Condiments are a waste of time and inventory space aside from using sugar on rock candy (even if you're not doing the glitch). Also, the rock candy glitch.
Most of the best gear is just unenjoyable grinding (REALLY looking at star pendants).
The bike is useless, aside from some end-game fun.
Maybe I'm just retarded, but my first playthrough I had absolutely no idea I had to pray Giygas away.
Mirror is absolutely useless and shouldn't be in the game.
I'd say the same for pray if Giygas didn't exist.
And yeah, Monkey Cave is just a slog, even if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>388069618

>the assassin cyborgs with the keycards

Wow, I forgot those faggots.
>>
>>388066194
The whole fucking thing is bad.
The most boring jrpg I've ever played.
>>
>>388070701
>The small amount of gadgets that AREN'T garbage (looking at you heavy bazooka and multi-bottle rockets) are WAY too good.
the slime generator is actually the worst offender. one-turn paralysis that always works on almost all non-boss enemies, making random encounters super easy since you can have jeff just keep stunlocking one over and over
>>
File: 1502124890476.png (437KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
1502124890476.png
437KB, 680x462px
Sonic Mania's 10 minute timer is just a copy of how it was in the originals (where seriously hitting 10 minutes was only an issue with certain slow bosses) without considering that the vastly larger levels in Mania makes the clock an actual threat when it was never supposed to be.

>>388070230
The curiosity dupe has been known for years though.
>>
>>388066194
FF7 - Not difficult enough, horrible translation, too little variety in useful skills and minigames a bit on the dull side.
>>
>>388066902
When was Fallout ever serious? The entire premise is ridiculous
>>
>>388070854
Not duping bottles, duping the Zora Eggs themselves. Meaning, you just get the one by Hookshot probably and boom.
>>
File: 1500346728300.jpg (20KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
1500346728300.jpg
20KB, 239x207px
>>388070585
Why do people shit on Bed of Chaos when Ceaseless Discharge exists?
Once you understand how the fuck to beat BoC, it's piss easy.
With CD, however, you either do the exploit with him falling or you try to fight the huge fucker with a shitty camera on a tiny pathway next to a wall (which contributes to the shitty camera).
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (31KB, 359x321px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
31KB, 359x321px
>>388070714
>throws a shuriken at you
>runs to the other side of the level

>still have to find the sim unit to put the card in after killing it
>>
>>388070948
Oh don't get me wrong, the pulpy, satirical tone is very silly but it always felt grounded in itself, like you knew what to expect. Then suddenly Fallout 2 is throwing ghosts, Monty Python references and Star-Trek people at you left and right. I know about that one Doctor Who encounter in the first one, but the second just blows that out of the waters with the sheer volume of absurdity on display.

It's kinda sad because a sequel was a great opportunity to try and make things more grounded and consistent now that they had a playerbase and didn't need to be afraid of the game taking itself too seriously, but they went the opposite way for some reason.
>>
File: 1500935519919.jpg (46KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
1500935519919.jpg
46KB, 600x574px
>>388071264
did it do a Naruton run?
>>
>>388071201
Even if you understand BoC you still kind of have to get lucky on not getting knocked down one of the holes.

Also
>take down the shield
>run up to the bug
>about to kill it
>does a fire blast thing and kills me
It's the low point of a game that's supposed to be all about you gitting gud, BoC is gitting lucky
>>
>>388071345
I can corroborate this.

It felt like an early version of a modern, cringe-inducing reference-laden game. (E.g. Borderlands games).

Still think it's a good game, though I think I liked the first almost as much rather than more, unlike most people. FO2 felt like a drag at times.
>>
In OoT, the economy system is pretty broken. But at the same time I think the game pokes fun at itself with the rich beggar....

Uh.... UH.... there is the lack of tension at the end. Maybe they should have added a PoNR? But not everyone likes PoNR....

Ah, the bottles should have been more spread out in the game. I did it. I found a bad thing about OoT.
>>
>>388066194
I have updated my journal.
>>
>>388071931
You want a bad thing about OoT? The child segment is tedious and home to the most boring dungeon, Jabu-Jabu.
>>
File: naruto.png (145KB, 359x321px) Image search: [Google]
naruto.png
145KB, 359x321px
>>388071361
>naruto runs away from you
>>
File: ff15_crew1.jpg (77KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
ff15_crew1.jpg
77KB, 800x444px
waifu dies
bad guy gets what he wants regardless
no confirmation if the hero's friends live or die in the end
Cor didn't get enough screentime
best boy is blinded
Dadfriend is kind of a dick half the time and doesn't know how to appropriately emote
the boys waited 10 years to get their king and dear friend back only to have him ripped from them in moments
no confirmation if the hero ascended into godship, got his soul torn apart, or just died
we didn't get to see any of the cool characters we met along the way after the 10 year period
>>
>>388072539
oh and one of the dogs died and the other's left all alone
>>
>>388072539
This game was a huge mess, I've never been more disappointed.
>>
>>388072229
Take that back right now. Jabu-Jabu is THE most fun dungeon in the child portion other than Bottom of the Well. Well, the MQ version anyways. I'll admit escorting Ruto is not the game's high point, but the dungeon is better than Dodongo's Cavern at least.
>>
>>388073091
>carry around Ruto and throw boomerangs at tentacles
>fun

It's the worst dungeon in the game, and it's just plain boring.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.