[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is overrated by /v/ due to nostalgia. The music and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Sonic_Heroes_cover.png (176KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Sonic_Heroes_cover.png
176KB, 250x357px
This game is overrated by /v/ due to nostalgia. The music and visuals are nice but the controls and physics are utter shit, too slippery and janky. You can't use the homing attack or grind on rails without getting nervous that you'll fall into the bottomless pit, because of how imprecise the controls were.

SA2 had pretty decent albeit flawed controls so I don't know why Sega created shitty game engines for Heroes, Shadow, and 06 instead of just improving on SA2's engine.
>>
Shadow the Hedgehog is a good game.
>>
>>388061353
Shadow completely fixed the rail grinding though
Its probably the best in the whole series in that aspect
>>
>>388062291
But it didn't fix the momentum or homing attack
>>
>>388061123
Sage.
>>
>>388061660
Are you me?

Shadow > Heroes
>>
>slippery and janky

Use fucking words
>>
>>388061353
Heroes is the precise moment where the Sonic franchise went awry.
>>
>>388061353
People don't seriously hold heroes in high regard do they?
I played heroes and shadow for the first time a couple years ago and Shadow was easily the better of the two by far. Shadow's still a mediocre game with its share of design flaws but it's not broken in any way
>>
>>388064147
Kids who grew up with Heroes are just becoming old enough to post here. Expect some threads like "sonic 06 was epic, /v/ BTFO!" in a couple years
>>
File: 1500605076620.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500605076620.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>388061353
>switch grind rails using the built in 'switch grind rails' move
>it misses the rail and you fall to your death
>you are better off jumping and trying to land on the thin rail manually while the camera isn't even pointing downwards

how the fuck did they fuck that up so badly
>>
>later special stages are literally unbeatable with the weaker teams
did nobody stop to think that maybe that was a horrible idea
>>
>>388061353
i must be the only one that thinks the controls are pretty damn good. the only exceptions being the pinball and special stages of course.
>>
>>388064370
>grew up with both
>played them maybe a year or 2 ago
heroes:
>some stages take 10 minutes or longer
>how the fuck did I fall?!
>have to play it 3 more times to get the final boss
shadow:
>levels are good and bad
>very good bosses
>ost
>does a sonic "plot" rather well minus the endings
Heroes was trash and everyone knows it.
>>
>>388066587
you have to play shadow more than 4 times to get the final boss. there's different paths and shit to make it more bearable but you're still going to be playing westopolis like 14 times
>>
>>388061353
Do you even know what overrated means? Who the fuck ever praises Sonic Heroes? It gets much more hate than praise.

Also, they WERE going to use SA2B's engine but then SEGA wanted it to go multiplatform and it forced them to go with a much shittier engine.
>>
>>388063745
Not even close, Adventurecuck. SA was.
>>
>>388064714
Everyone controls exactly the same in Special stages, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>388068198
>one stage
>the same as an entire game
>>
>>388061353
>This game is overrated by /v/ due to nostalgia

What the fuck are you talking about? Every single time this is brought up I see /v/ doing nothing but shitting on this game.
>>
>>388068723
I was told by anons that team rose and team chaotix have lower max speeds and aren't fast enough to clear the later special stages
>>
>>388068791
As far as I know, they have the same running speeds. The only thing Sonic and Shadow have that make them go faster is the ability to kick which CAN make them go faster in normal stages but doing that in the special stages makes it worse, not better.
>>
File: AngryGrowl2.png (910KB, 1147x1129px) Image search: [Google]
AngryGrowl2.png
910KB, 1147x1129px
>>388061353
Holy shit thank you. Finally someone that knows sonic heroes is shit. I'm a huge sonic fanboy, but holy shit sonic heroes is the worst. Sonic 06 is actually a decent game compared to this shit
>>
>>388068990
>Sonic 06 is actually a decent game compared to this shit

Sonic 06 is functionally worse but subjectively more enjoyable because of the extent that it's broken
there's nothing as bad as the silver boss fight or the boulder puzzles in heroes. Heroes is just bad to a non-fun extent
>>
>>388061353
I remember being disappointed with Heores after playing Sonic Adventure 2.
>>
>>388068990
>>388069075
>"x" Sonic game is worse than 06!
I laugh every time I see you drama queens do this. Sonic 06 is an absolute abomination of game design, nothing is worse than it in the franchise except maybe Sonic Chronicles. Stop doing this shit because you're objectively wrong every time.
>>
>>388069351
Read my post again
06 is worse than heroes from an objective design analysis, but it is ultimately more enjoyable because of how broken it is

Heroes is shit but not broken enough to be enjoyable because of it
>>
>>388062291
Are they better than in SA2? They were really fun to ride in that game.
>>
What board do I need to go to to talk about Sonic Boom? /co/ or /tv/?
>>
>>388069775

/v/
>>
>>388069775
either works, actual discussion threads are better on /co/ while /v/ is better for dumping screencaps and memes
>>
>Sonic Heroes
>Overrated

I have literally never heard anyone say anything positive about this game.
>>
I love sonic heroes, its one one of my favorite sonic games. I remember my parents got me the awful PS2 version. There was so many more glitches and frame rate problems. The voice acting also sounded like they recorded them in a trash can. Got them to return that shit and get the xbox version instead. Apparently the gamecube was the best but i dont remember any problems on xbox and who knows, it might even play on the xbox one now that og xbox BC is coming. Would love to 100% it again
>>
>>388069932
>>388069980
>>
>Mania comes out
>People like it
>Sudden massive influx of threads about how the various modern 3D games are good

What did they mean by this
>>
>>388061353
Shadow the Hedghog did it better.
No flight or power formation slowing your shit down, more level variety, and I'll take some of Shadow's objectives over Chaotix hunting for fucking crabs (though both games handled objectives terribly)
>>
File: Surely you jestin.png (419KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Surely you jestin.png
419KB, 600x600px
>>388061353
>overrated
I thought I was one of the worlds ten people who liked this game
>cant homing attack chain
that's because you dont know the controls since they were not well explained. holding a after hitting a homing attack lets you bounce higher from it, its not like SA2 where you can just speed spam it. once you know this and the other quirks the game is a lot of fun, trying to use speed as much as possible.
>>
>>388063605
>>388066587
>>388061660

Shadow is mediocre at best if you're being generous but yes it's still better than Heroes.

Heroes is shit but please don't start pushing Shadow as a particularly good game
>>
>>388070196
Specifically all the fucking Shadow the Hegdehog apologists. Where the fuck are they coming from?
>>
Shadow the hedgehog is mediocre at best just like SA1 and 2
>>
>>388070882
SA2>SA1>Shadow
>>
>>388071714
SA2 has very few redeeming qualities, 2/3 of the game is objectively shit and the other third is debatable
>>
>>388068990

>Sonic 06 is actually a decent game compared to this shit

Let's not get crazy here.
>>
>>388071714
>SA2 above anything
2/3rds of the game are shit and the 1/3rd that's good is the weakest of all Adventure style gameplay barring 06
>>
I find both heroes and shadow pretty mediocre, shadow being def better than heroes, yet I loved heroes as a kid. Replaying a bit of both it and shadow some years back showed me the game was not that good, but yeah, nostalgia kicked in, ofc.
>>
Everything that improved shadow over heroes was stolen from ratchet and clank
they should have gone further and put in a functional strafe aiming system
>>
>Anons calling Shadow the Hedgehog anything but utter shit
>AND saying Heroes is worse
W E W L A D S
Heroes was mediocre at best, but not Shadow trash tier.
>>
>>388072978
Explain your opinion in 200 words or more with reference only to the gameplay and not the superficial edgy coating
>>
The Sonic Heroes theme was dope.
>>
>>388070873
This is the question of the ages, because there's barely anything good about that heap of shit
>>
>>388070873
No idea. Shadow and the storybook games are easily the worst Sonic games I have ever played.
>>
Shadow and Heroes are some of the better 3d Sonic titles. Sonic Heroes is Sonic Adventure 3 and Shadow is Sonic Adventure Gaiden.

Sonic 3D Blast is a good game. The Genesis OST > Saturn OST.
>>
>>388073196
Not him, but the gameplay felt boring. Running around looking for x amount of enemies to kill was irritating as fuck, since you could easily miss them, Being good or evil felt pointless because regardless, both factions would try to kill you. Sometimes you may have to kill the faction you're aligned with to proceed through the level. The vehicle controls were horrid, and I'm pretty sure in some cases if you go too fast while racing to the goal ring, you can just go flying off the edge. Those are just some issues I had off the top of my head.
>>
>>388070873
The nostalgia baby summerfags born in 2001 and played Shadow the Hedgehog are all here now
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.