[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the shittiest RPG ever made? 1.Horrible, uninspired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is this the shittiest RPG ever made?

1.Horrible, uninspired writing. The game lacks even a single well-written, memorable character.
2. No choices&consequences apart from some superficial nonsense (i.e. you can avoid fighting groups of trash mobs which is a bad idea as you lose xp) that changes nothing in the story.
3. Roleplaying is on the level of Skyrim, where only one ability affects anything outside of combat and you don't even need to level this ability to pass the checks it governs, since you can just stack items that boost it and these items can be found and crafted freely.
4. Imbalanced combat mechanics with some ridiculously broken builds that laugh at anything in the game on Tactician. Fighters break the early game, mages break the late game. I've finished the game on Tactician with two lone wolves and the level of challenge is laughable.
5. Complete lack of any sort of character build variety when playing in Tactician mode (i.e. the only mode you're supposed to play, because the game is a joke otherwise). You get enough ability points throughout the game to max out only 4 skills and 2 of these skills MUST be Bodybuilding and Willpower due to the detrimental effect the enemies spam. This leaves the player with only 2 primary skills to focus on per character, making any sort of multiclass or creative builds sub-optimal trash.
6. Horrible itemization and an imbalanced crafting system. Crafted items are 99% of the time better, than the ones you can find, as they always correspond to your level, while the loot doesn't. While you can improve found items through crafting, the difference in level usually makes the crafted stuff simply better.

Every single aspect of this game is trash, but the most pathetic thing about this turd, though, are the cultists that praise it. They actually defend the complete lack of any sort of balance or challenge and think it's "fun". No, playing a game focused on combat that has exactly zero challenge is not "fun".
>>
I'm with you OP, fucking hated this game from the instant I ran into that cat guy and had a hell of a time motivating myself to get throu that city. Gave up somewhere fighting orcs, there's nothing redeeming about this game compared to any other RPG
>>
No.
>>
I enjoyed it through the first act and a little into the second act but the story did fall apart (or lack thereof). Quickly, the combat went from interesting to general right clicking because of how quickly your characters would powerlevel.

I admire them for trying to harken back to the 'glory' days of isometric stuff, but there's truly nothing wrong with keeping Quality of Life improvements everyone else is doing (i.e. crafting)
>>
>>388057436
You can argue that the redeeming feature is the turn based combat system in a party RPG, but that's pretty much it. I cannot think of any other positive aspect the game has.
>>
>>388057960
If any Spiderweb RPG was done in this engine, it would be unreal. Avernum 2 has all of these components, including environmental kills and conversations changing how your party members feel. It just has no sound and a tile set from 1993
>>
I liked it up to the point where combat became a thing of two groups throwing stuns at each other.
>>
>>388057213
>2 of these skills MUST be Bodybuilding and Willpower
Is that true?
>>
>>388059356
On tactician, it is, unless you want to reload constantly, ESPECIALLY if you're playing with 2 lone wolves, since a single status effect can disable half of your party. Honour mode is unplayable without a heavy focus on and eventual maxing out of BB and WP.
>>
>>388059535
>>388059356
The worst part is that the build variety in the game could have been easily drastically imrpoved had Larian not been retarded and followed the example set by other RPGs by introducing more defensive spells that grant immunity to status ailments. This way you could skimp on BB and WP and improve the overall build variety by having a mage with proper spell selection in your party, but Larian are too retarded to understand how to design properly balanced game systems.
>>
>>388057213
i think it's a great game, im having fun replaying the enhanced edition

i think it misses the mark by having melee/physical too gimped and too much focus on the magic.

the engine is really the best part about this game
>>
>>388057213
Reminder that 2 will be one of the best bro-op games of the year.
>>
File: escape from the pit.png (83KB, 538x444px) Image search: [Google]
escape from the pit.png
83KB, 538x444px
>>388058602
Well Avernum itself is already a remake from Exile, don't think I could play it again to be fair.
>>
>>388060824
>b-but it's fun with friends!
This is how I know it's going to be shit.
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/ZZrMelIhy1Q2Sm3wl4yZrg/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.