[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm conflicted /v/. On one hand I don't want steam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1498479506532.jpg (69KB, 960x815px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498479506532.jpg
69KB, 960x815px
I'm conflicted /v/. On one hand I don't want steam to have a monopoly because I'm sure I dont have to tell you why monopolies are bad. On the other hand, I refuse to buy any game that forces you to instal another game distribution platform like Origin, Arc, or whatever other bullshit is out there. I FLAT OUT REFUSE to download anymore. Like I had that EA one just for Battlefield One. Never again.

How do we fix digital distribution /v/?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>388016893
what's your problem with Origin? Other than
>muh spyware
>>
>>388017293
>autostarts on startup
>have to have a weird name/password I can never remember so I have to go through the recovery process every time I want to play my ONE origin game

LET ME SET MY OWN FUCKING PASSWORD I DON'T NEED IT TO BE A NON WORD CONTAINING CHARACTERS UPPER AND LOWER CASE AND A NUMBER FOR A FUCKING GAMING ACCOUNT REEEEE
>>
>>388017873
you can turn off the autostart
I can't help you with the passwords, write it down or something
>>
>>388017873
use a password manager to generate and store your passwords. keepass or lastpass.
>>
Uhh, you buy through GoG or Humble Bundle whenever you can. Obviously.
>>
>>388018634
I know you can turn it off but it's a pain in the ass and doesn't ask me if I want it to launch on startup
>>
>>388018898
Yah, nah. Easier to just pirate the games if I want to play them bad enough.
>>
>>388019564
>>388019457
>reasonable to solutions to the problems you have
>"yah, nah, I'd rather just keep bitching."

good shit, OP.
>>
GOG. Optional client, DRM-free games. If I had my way, I would make copy protection illegal. Piracy would still be illegal, but DRM causes too much trouble for legitimate customers and puts the preservation of current culture in jeopardy.

Mark my words, we are living in a dark age where a significant amount of our entertainment media will be lost because some shitbaggers working for some company hide their products behind DRM, the companies go under, and the DRM is never removed legitimately. We have to rely on the product being popular enough that someone illegally cracks the copy protection.

It's like if throughout history authors destroyed every copy of their books 50 years after the book was published, or after the author died. That would be absolute madness, so why is it acceptable for digital media to be condemned to a similar fate, and it's illegal to try to stop it?
>>
>>388016893
fix monopolies
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.