[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do some people still think Wii 2.0 is not garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

How the fuck do some people still think Wii 2.0 is not garbage and will get any better? I think in the future the technology will be truly used in static epxeriences where you just watch things or "appear" in different places (zuckerzerg had the right idea) but there is LITERALLY 0 FUCKING WAYS to make a game for this that's not the same shit as motion control game with moving your head around while standing in place.
>>
File: owo.png (207KB, 261x422px) Image search: [Google]
owo.png
207KB, 261x422px
Anon are you ok?
>>
>>388016246
>Actual VR
>Wii 2.0

holy shit. Has there ever been a worse comparison?
>>
>>388016246
>non sim fags still mad about vr
i laugh everytime you nigs get mad that fps games are shit in vr and that's all you brainlets think about.
>>
>>388016246
Because I have played old games using VorpX on a friends computer and the technology is almost there.

It's just a more immersive way to play games, that's all I have ever wanted, i'll probably jump in on the third generation.
>>
A good headset be it Rift, Vive, LG, etc, a large enough omni-directional treadmill, base stations to track your elevation, and the AxonVR suit would make things better.

I don't see having all of those things working in tandem for a long time though.
>>
File: RobRec2.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RobRec2.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>388016552
>fps games are shit in VR
[citation needed]
>>
>>388016246
>How the fuck do some people still think Wii 2.0 is not garbage and will get any better?

By actually trying it.
>>
>>388017249
>you can stand still and wimote to shoot things
so this.... is the power... of vr
>>
File: H3 loading.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
H3 loading.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>388018032
>literally no difference between real life functionality and in-game functionality
>"h-how unintuitive! h-ha ha!"
>*browses reddit for dank memes*
>>
>>388018435
>literally no difference between real life functionality
>posts another game where the player doesn't take a single step
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>388018032
>>388019630
As opposed to sitting in a chair and pressing buttons for pre-animated actions?
>>
>>388019705
>sit in actual car
>hit gas car moves
>hit brake car stops
>can look around

>sit in vr car
>hit gas car moves
>hit brake car stops
>can look around

i mean it's a pretty accurate representation of actually driving a car whereas your webm shows someone who can't even accurately load a magazine into a gun without slowing down to sub babby speed.
>>
>>388020275
Not my webm but if you were trying to 'stab' a clip into a gun like that in real life, you'd likely miss too. Then he stops acting like a douche and feeds it in properly. It's more of a practice thing.
>>
>>388020275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XUpNOYd6pw
>>
>>388020275
Better example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ht9D4zq50Y
>>
>>388022967
now this, i will admit, looks like it has the potential for fun.
>>
>>388023109
Locomotion is possible but the players have to be careful not to lose balance. There are a few tricks around it but until we have home multi-direction treadmills, it's going to be limited.

Still, I don't get people wanting to hate or dismiss the cool stuff the hand controllers can do now.
>>
>>388024448
People need to stop being babies and get used to VR. The funny feeling goes once you get used to movement. The trick is to not force yourself and let it come naturally
>>
Just make a game like steel battalion in vr with a huge mutiplayer component and you have the vr killer app
>>
>>388024448
Losing balance would only problem with high places causing vertigo
Locomotion just causes nausea.
>>
>>388025850
this. it was awkward for about 20 mins and then any discomfort or disorientation was gone, and i was able to freely swing around or move with the controller or whatever kind of movement, really
>>
>>388026204
Well from my actual experience using it, I'd say different.

Smooth horizontal locomotion in games like windfalls and Onward can feel weird and start to make you feel 'detach' from your balance after a while. Because what you're seeing isn't what your inner ear is feeling.

The only times I had feelings of nausea is in poorly supported games that had head bobs and sudden screen tilting. Like HL2.
>>
>>388027151
The more you do it the less it effects you. If you start feeling weird you need to stop right away. Trying to push through it just makes it worse
>>
>>388025994
someone is making it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na530jGHOtI
>>
>>388027316
For nausea yeah, but you can't 'get over' balance loss. You'll just fall over.
>>
>>388028825
I've not fell over yet
>>
>>388028915
Me neither but I've come close. Thankfully the Rift has a nose gap big enough to see the outside world, which is handy for reminding yourself which way is up and for finding keys/controllers quickly.
>>
>>388027151
REVII gave me a terrible headache and nausea after like 20 minutes at a time.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.