[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is drakengard series worth playing? i don't mind about lame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: images (1).jpg (37KB, 322x457px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
37KB, 322x457px
Is drakengard series worth playing? i don't mind about lame gameplay i just want some good story.
>>
>>388015240
>i don't mind about lame gameplay i just want some good story.

Then it's worth playing.
>>
>>388015240
1 is definitely worth "experiencing"
cant make my mind up about the rest

i suggest nier instead if you havent played those
>>
>>388015240
Not really
Nier is okay
Automata is good
Drakengard is...interesting, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
>>
>>388015240
my review would be: I played 1 and I have no intention of ever playing 2
>>
>>388015240
Only the first.
>>
>>388015240
>i just want some good story.
Keep looking.
>>
File: caim4.jpg (58KB, 300x406px) Image search: [Google]
caim4.jpg
58KB, 300x406px
>>388015240
I highly recommend Drakengard if the premise and themes interest you. I would never remotely recommend it for the gameplay, although the flight missions are well done imo. Just be sure to play with a weapon guide so you don't have to waste time replaying any levels, and take longer grinding than you have to.

The story itself is pretty basic, but the music, voice acting, and thematic execution all come together to really make this wonderful package of awfulness, in the sense that everything plot-wise just goes to shit. It's definitely one of the most memorable games I've played, for both the right and wrong reasons.
>>
File: Caim.jpg (66KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
Caim.jpg
66KB, 600x851px
>>388015240
>Is drakengard series worth playing?

It's worth it if you feel like you really want to see raw, unpolished Taro. I bought both Drakengard 1 and 3 and feel happy about it, but at the same time I would not call either of them a "good" game. Interesting, sure, but not good.

My suggestion is play Nier Automata first because it's the best one by far, then play original Nier if you still want more, and if even after that you haven't had enough, then do the Drakengards 1 and 3 (2 optional because different writer).
>>
>>388016396
>the music

Having played Drakengard for the first time a few months ago, I have to disagree on this. It's all very chaotic and repetitive.
>>
>>388015240
It's more of an "obscure" thing where you ask yourself how the fuck it could even exist.
>>
>>388016808
>going backwards in quality

Play Nier first, then Automata.
>>
>>388016863
>chaotic
That's the point fuckface
The ost gets gradually more deranged and glitchy as you progress through the game and the story falls into madness
>>
>>388015240
Definitely the first one with that mindset, the game is incredibly surreal and will leave you saying "what the fuck" at some points
>>
>>388017091
>The ost gets gradually more deranged and glitchy as you progress

That dosen't make it good. The best pasrt was the final endings DDR battle that makes sounds when rings collide.
>>
>>388016863
Drakengard's OST isn't for everyone but it's probably still the greatest example of avant-garde for the medium.
>>
>>388017076

Most player should start with the best game in the series because most players are not going to want to play any more if they start with a shitty title.
>>
It's a surreal as fuck black comedy series where a funny japanese guy creates mockeries of typical jrpg archetypes and japanese mass culture tropes in general then finishes them off with a great pleasure.
>>
>>388017445
I thought it fit the game well enough, but going from Drakengard to Nier was like night and day. Nier's music was very relaxing and I enjoyed making treks from location to location because of it. Seaport sticks out for me specifically.
>>
>>388016863
>chaotic
It's crafted extremely well for something that's supposed to be intentionally deranged. The skipped notes, glitching, and ill-timed looping all create a surreal atmosphere that keeps you on edge because you're expecting the music to sound like normal fucking music. It skips a note when it shouldn't the most and really draws your attention to it. It's wonderful in a very mad sort of way. I agree that it's repetitive, but that goes back to evoking a certain sense of monotony and exhaustion as you slaughter thousands. Whether that's impressive or not, good or bad, is subjective I suppose. I personally thought it was one of the defining aspects that made the game. A friend of mine checked out the game and legitimately thought he was having audio problems because of the sudden skipping, and I can't say there many other games that can cause that sort of reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP4u8QYJmO0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud4LLsZWMpA
>>
THREAD THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgr5iW73UJg
>>
>>388017560
NieR is just as good as Automata
>>
>>388016863
>very chaotic and repetitive
and it fits the game perfectly that way
>>
>>388017715
I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
>>
File: Best girl did nothing wrong.jpg (329KB, 850x1295px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl did nothing wrong.jpg
329KB, 850x1295px
>>388015240
It's a fucking crazy ride, it'll either chew you and spit you out or you'll continue by the crazy masked man charming you. NieR is definitely my favorite of the series Automata and Drakengard 3 do too much things that annoy me so I consider them a mixed bag. The characters are definitely very unforgettable on how fucking nuts they are.
>>
Literal garbage
>>
>>388017673
>>388017808
I agree with that sentiment, but I personally found it to be more frustrating then helping the game. I distinctly remember that one cymbal crash during the forest part I think, It just kept happening over and over and I thought, "Man, these guys need to get a better music team."
>>
>>388018000
is this... the land of the Gods?
>>
>>388017673

Those two tracks definitely do sound like something is horribly wrong.

Drakengard 1's music is not like Nier's. Nier music is just good to listen to and it's one of the best soundtracks ever because every track is honey to your ears. Drakengard 1's music is more like Silent Hill ambient noise than actual music, it's there to make you uncomfortable.
>>
>>388015240
Why do you never get a proper battle against Inuart? Most times he dies in cutscenes and you never get the pleasure of killing him yourself.
>>
>>388018025
>half the story is locked in a $30 DLC

CURSE YOU CAVIA
>>
>>388017805

I disagree. Automata is much better overall than Nier.
>>
File: gdc.jpg (91KB, 866x542px) Image search: [Google]
gdc.jpg
91KB, 866x542px
I'm one to appreciate Drakengard from afar. I love the series music and the first game's story but I would never want to play them with how they are. I've only played Automata.

Judging all of his stories alone I think I prefer Yoko Taro's take on dark fantasy with the first Drakengard. The concepts with the pacts, the seeds and the watchers are also really novel. I wish someone would do something similar.

Taro's philosophy is that it doesn't matter if the game is good or even fun as long as it makes you feel something. I think he's been fairly successful in that sense.
>>
>>388018401
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!!!
>>
File: IMG_1803.jpg (99KB, 260x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1803.jpg
99KB, 260x1024px
Does anyone have this in legible resolution?
>>
>>388018025
>best girl
that's not Two
>>
>>388015961

Good because 2 is shit from every angle
>>
>>388017560
I hear the total oposite more frecuently, people wanting to get either the "cronological order" or the release order. I only hear about playing the "best in the series" when the series itself doesn't seem to evolve too much ex: Tekken, Madde.
>>
>>388016863

Actual philistine detected
>>
>>388019550
This, when playing a series you should always go as far back as possible according to what platforms
>>
File: 1467544024304.png (743KB, 670x2635px) Image search: [Google]
1467544024304.png
743KB, 670x2635px
>>388019072
Got you senpai

Ordered my copy of Drakengard 3 few days ago. Should arrive tomorrow.
>>
>>388018585

That was after Cavia got absorbed into Square
>>
File: vlc6.gif (909KB, 400x361px) Image search: [Google]
vlc6.gif
909KB, 400x361px
>>388019965
>mfw Drakengard 3 already has better fps on rpcs3 than p3 although shadows are missing
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.