[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gigantic has a lower peak player count than battleborn by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: gigantic-rdt-og-image.jpg (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gigantic-rdt-og-image.jpg
2MB, 1200x1200px
>Gigantic has a lower peak player count than battleborn by almost 4000 players
>And also has lower current players and peak players in 24 hours than SHOP HEROES

What went wrong? This arguably was as big of a blunder as blunderborn, but with less publicity.
>>
>>387988172
>less publicity
This, probably. The game feels like it could be much more than it currently is. It's nowhere near Battleborn level of bad. Intentional or not, it's competing with games like Paladins, which already has the playerbase.
>>
>>387988172
I don't know what went wrong. The game itself is fantastic and it's free.
I wonder how the playerbase is on Xbox
>>
>>387988172
It looks shit and the whole road to release was an absolute mess, with all kinds of different exclusive deals.
Didn't even know it had finally officially launched this time
>>
>>387990369
This is what's going to kill it before it ever gets off the ground, I remember playing it in "beta" how long ago and I waited months for it to come out, then just dropped it only to find out recently it actually released but is still basically the same as what I played before. The publisher for this shit should just off a large building
>>
>>387988172
The W10 debacle dealt them a festering wound.
They've done their best to patch it up, but it was such a terrible decision(even MS threw Motiga under the bus in the end) that they're still paying for it.
It's a shame, as before that it had the chance of becoming very healthy.
Also still-poor optimization(runs fine for me without visual bugs, but can't say the same for everyone else.)
>>
>>387988172
it's meh, fun for a few games

whoever put the dodge button to double tapping A or D should be hanged though, and can't be changed
>>
>>387993020
>whoever put the dodge button to double tapping A or D should be hanged though, and can't be changed
You can disable double tap to dodge and you can bind dodge to whatever button you want. It's set to left shift by default.
>>
6GB RAM requirement limits how big the playerbase can get
>>
>>387993554
It's actually 8 gigs.
>>
It was basically dead the moment they said windows 10 only.
>>
>>387993667
It isn't W10 only tho
>>
>>387993438
>>387993020

yeah, change dodge to button input instead of double tap, it's a pain in the ass for it to go off at random

I like the game personally, but it's definitely got no funding left for stuff like publicity / trying to bring attention to it, so the current status:
>2500 peak
>ded gaem

is gonna be a slow change (if any)
>>
the gameplay is only okay.
the biggest turnoff for me is the fact that the characters all look bad, except for maybe the karate frog.
i wish the game had a better artstyle/characterdesigns
>>
File: 1502180448794.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502180448794.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>387988172
Shitty server, seriously, i disconnected 9/10 times, fucking dropped.
>>
>>387988172
Are you getting those numbers from steamcharts? If so I don't think most of the playerbase even play via steam, I know I don't.

>>387990191
Its cross platform
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.