[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Mania is fantastic and all, but Sonic in 3D is the ideal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: o_O.png (667KB, 787x665px) Image search: [Google]
o_O.png
667KB, 787x665px
Sonic Mania is fantastic and all, but Sonic in 3D is the ideal format because you can actually see what is ahead of you, which allows you to go fast while reacting to the obstacles. With the screen being so zoomed in the 2D games, you're mostly limited to playing with memorization and trial and error. Prove me fucking wrong. The 3D games have mostly been mediocre because of incompetent developers, not because 3D Sonic doesn't work. They had something good going with the Adventure games, and after 16 years they could have refined it so much by now.
>>
But sega insist on going forward with the blue blur.

Enjoy your shitty new experiences.
>>
>>387987549
>With the screen being so zoomed in the 2D games,
Mania's widescreen nigga, it's more than enough. Get good or shut up.
>>
>>387987673

It will never be enough in 2D.
>>
>>387987990
Then you're probably just bad at video games. That's basically saying 2D side scrollers don't work because they're 2D. Also Mania allows you to control your speed in ways Modern Sonic will not allow, so it's a complete and total non-issue.
>>
>>387989582

>muh bad at video games excuse

I knew you retards wouldn't be able to prove me wrong
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>387987549
>Sonic in 3D is the ideal format
>Prove me fucking wrong
They can't create shit like this in 2D
>>
3D has always sucked. At best it plays a bit like the awful half-pike in Sonic 2. At worse you are moving so quickly but with a camera that doesn't want to work well. They try to fix that by being 2D most of the game with some of those half-pikes like Colors but that doesn't stop it from being bad.
>>
>>387987549
>challenge comes from making quick decisions and reacting

>complain and blame it on the format

g
i
t
g
u
d
>>
>>387987549
>memorisation and trial and error

That is literally the entire point of the franchise you actual retard
>>
>Sonic in 3D is the ideal format because you can actually see what is ahead of you
Then why is Sega so scared to make an actual 3D game
Half of the stages we've seen in Forces so far are completely or partly 2D, just like most previous 3D sonic games for a while now. If 3D really is so superior why can't they just go through with it.
>>
>>387990740
press down shitter nigga
>>
File: Genesis Infinite.png (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Genesis Infinite.png
67KB, 640x480px
>>387990790
>>
>>387987549
>>387987990
>>387990740
>Prove me wrong
In the original Sonic games you have about 14 frames to react to an obstacle assuming you are going at full running speed (not uncapped rolling speed), or about a quarter of a second. That's already roughly the average human reaction time. Based on the ratio differences between the original games and the widescreen enhancements, we can make a rough guess that the 14 frames we have to react is now something more like 20-22 frames of time to react, more like a third of a second, or a little over.

Now of course, I am intentionally not covering aspects like the fact that most trouble reacting to obstacles can be offset just by using the roll correctly, the fact that you ARE supposed to get rewarded for multiple playthroughs, and the fact that the level design actually properly choreographs when a non-gotta-go-fast section is coming up (unlike, say, the Advance games which do actually suffer from the "memorization and trial-and-error" problem due to their level design). Even ignoring all of this stuff, the original games were already designed for the average human reaction time and the widescreen improvements make it accessible even to those with slower than average reaction times. So yeah, you're wrong.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.