[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Publisher announces Season Pass/DLC roadmap before launch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: Capcom-Logo-Blue-Gloss-Wallpaper.jpg (100KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Capcom-Logo-Blue-Gloss-Wallpaper.jpg
100KB, 1280x718px
>Publisher announces Season Pass/DLC roadmap before launch.
>Nobody really cares.
>Capcom announces Season Pass/DLC roadmap before launch.
>Everybody loses their shit.

Why is it not ok when Capcom does it? When was the last time a bigger release didn't have DLC planned before launch?
>>
>>387984593
Dragon Ball Fighters
>implying it's a bigger release
Yeah, it is.
Not only is it alot more popular (look to E3 as proof).
it also has a bigger budget spend on the actual game itself.

Smash 4 also did it to since technically out before mewtwo announcement and every other character was worked on after the game already out.

That's just using fighting games as examples.
>>
>>387984593
>you didn't complain that time when I wasn't listening so it's right for my sacred brand to do it now, your hate is proof you deserved it!
I'm so fucking tired ot leftist logic in /v//.
>>
what's with all the capdrones lately?
>>
>>387984593
The Witcher 3
Skyrim
Any of the pokemon games ( gens 6 and 7 had free dlc)
Guilty Gear Xrd..I think that had dlc
Most other examples I can think of either didn't have dlc or just do free updates like overwatch for example.
>>
>>387985106
ArcSys has one of the most jewish business models off all though. Literally selling glorified DLC packs as brand new editions of their games.
>But it's just like the old days!
Yeah and it fucking sucked back then too, if Capcom did one thing right it was dropping that.
>>
>>387984593
Mechanics should not be dlc in competative games. Capcom's been fucking that up since SFxT.
>>
>>387987389
When have they done that since SFxT, though? None of the DLC in SFV is related to the gameplay mechanics, it's either playable characters or cosmetic stuff like costumes and stages. For all the faults MvCI has (of which there are many), there isn't any gameplay mechanic DLC, just a lot of DLC characters that should have been in the base game already.
>>
>>387984593
Maybe because the game you're thinking about had a completely trash Season Pass that locked people out of basic feautres/characters.
>>
>>387985806
1.Street Fighter 4 did this how many times? though to thier credit some of the updates were free.
2. Marvel 3 did it to.
3. Say each dlc character costs 6 bucks a pop, before the game is even out have to pay about 40 dollars to get the full roster.
6 x 6 =36 and unless you use credit card your gonna have to buy 40 bucks in credit to buy it.

So adding another 10-20 for alot more stuff added and another phisical release (the cost of which is mitigated greatly once you sell the old version) isn't that bad, like in marvel 3s case.
However I highly doubt we will see what happened to Xrd happen dragon Ball, at most we will get a dbz super update and that may be a phisical release. It depends on how the game does.

Besides the original topic had nothing to do with what you said anyway, and doesn't stop capcoms actions from bring anymore dumb.

Story important characters are dlc...characters that you probably fight in the story and would have to have models/move sets/voice acting be finished to be fightable in the story are locked not only behind a pay wall but also a time wall to make the game relevant longer without doing anymore work.
>>
>>387987885
To capcom, characters are functions.
Functions are gameplay mechanics.
Therefore characters are gameplay mechanics.
>>
Please tell me of another time where a fighting game made a character who was important to the game's plot was preorder dlc
>>
The keyword here is "announce". Nothing wrong with stating how you plan to support a game post launch. The problem is when pre-gold dev resources are spent making post-gold content
>>
>>387988672
Mortal Kombat X with Goro.
>>
>>387984593
>Game looks like shit, worse than the previous game.
>Tiny roaster, shit design, shit music, etc.
>Get told your favorite classic characters are just functions.
>"Here's your DLC chart btw."
>DBZF looks much better.
that's about it.
>>
>>387988896
Goro wasn't important to the plot though.
And you got him for buying the game unless you bought it 2nd hand
>>
>>387988809
> The problem is when pre-gold dev resources are spent making post-gold content

That's almost every big game today, other publishers are just not as dumb as Capcom and better at hiding it.

You think those Witcher 3 expansions were seriously made in like a year?
>>
File: maxresdefault(7).jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(7).jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>387989103
>And you got him for buying the game unless you bought it 2nd hand

Nope
>>
>>387989116
CDPR hired a completely different company from different city to make expansions.
>>
>>387989353
Capcom did the same thing with free RE7's DLC. And now they're even going as far as remaking it because it wasn't good enough. So I don't really see your point, money was still spent on making DLC pre-launch.
>>
>>387989192
If you pre-ordered (either phisical or digital), got the special edition or bought a copy of the first run *think a day one edition* then you got a code for goro. They then released goro later to download as dlc. So technically your right? I don't remember if goro was playable day one. And regardless he isn't very important story wise.
>>
>>387989698
>And regardless he isn't very important story wise.

Neither does the Sigma part in Ultron-Sigma, it's basically just a beefed up Ultron.
>>
>>387985302
Damage control.
>>
>>387988394
>1.Street Fighter 4 did this how many times? though to thier credit some of the updates were free.
>2. Marvel 3 did it to.

Did you miss the part where I said I'm glad they're not doing it any more?

In terms of cancer:
Ultimate Marvel 3 shenanigans > Marvel Infinite shenanigans
>>
>tfw Arika doesn't expect to make any profit off their new game
>doing it because they want to make a new game
>>
>>387989982
>implying there won't be a hyper marvel vs capcom infinite
Your kidding me right?
>>
>>387990693
There probably will be, but it's gonna be buyable DLC for people who own vanilla as well, Capcom said that they'll never re-release a game that fractures the playerbase ever again. Which is the whole fucking reason people were pissed about UMvC3, they're less than a year old MvC3 copy was now completely obsolete.
>>
>>387989698
>If you pre-ordered (either phisical or digital), got the special edition or bought a copy of the first run *think a day one edition* then you got a code for goro

There was no Day 1 Edition. You had to pre-order the game or buy the expensive special edition to get Goro, otherwise you were screwed and had to pay extra to get him.

Exactly like Sigma, in other words, in terms of availability.
>>
capcom did a lot of things right
you can't make everyone happy
>>
>>387984593
They already announced MHW pay DLC?
>>
Didn't you get the memo OP? It's the 2010s. It's not okay when Capcom does anything.
>>
>>387984593
it's not okay when anyone does it, more people just talk about capcom games
>>
>Capcom announces season pass before even revealing the full roster for the game
>game turns out to be so starved for content that it becomes apparent that Capcom was withholding characters to sell as DLC

>another developer announces season pass pre-release
>people are irritated but begrudgingly accept it because the game is released as a complete, polished package and the season pass content takes months to even be released, making it apparent that it was developed after the game went gold in the first place
>>
>>387992095
>making it apparent that it was developed after the game went gold in the first place.

Or they just present it in such a way so you'll think that way.
>>
>>387984593
capcom hasn't done anything right in years
i'm a mega man fan, a dead rising fan, and an ace attorney fan
capcom has been shitting on me on all three fronts for years now
i'm going to treat them more critically than i would other companies just because i know how badly they're squandering amazing IPs and how badly they handle things
>>
>>387984593
The DLC roadmap for SFxT was awful. DLC gems and near complete characters on disc.

Nowadays though people shit on Capcom for failing to deliver DLC on time.
>>
>>387984593
Keep trying. Hope the food is worth it.
>>
>>387985302
Some people needs this... let's say job, to pay food.

Even sadder, there are people doing this for free.
>>
>>387992685
>Nowadays though people shit on Capcom for failing to deliver DLC on time.
Which is very ironic since it proves they're no longer actually holding back on finished DLC.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
>>387992928
maybe they shouldn't release trailers literally a day before they come out too
>>
>>387984593
>Nobody really cares.
Except they do. There's been countless of threads shitting on other companies and their games when this happens. Fuck, the Evolve devs even called the whiners "entitled" and that their dislike for the current video game model is killing companies.

Capcom has started to adapt the EA model of season passes/dlc, by making barebone games with less features/content than it's predecessors, only to attempt and nickle and dime people down the road to make said content better/on par with past titles.
>>
>>387985106
I think OP is talking about NRS. Maybe that's just me though.
>>
>>387985806
>ArcSys has one of the most jewish business models off all though
>Comparing a little fighting game studio which need that kind of old business model to survive with mother fucking Capcom
Keep being a retard
>>
>>387985806
>Literally selling glorified DLC packs
You don't fucking know what you are talking about capshill.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.