[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBG is being talked about by the whole industry. Its succes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16

File: playerunknowns battlegrounds.jpg (438KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
playerunknowns battlegrounds.jpg
438KB, 1920x1080px
PUBG is being talked about by the whole industry. Its success is so hard to ignore that it may very well impact game design and virtual reality permanently. Anyone who has played or watched the game will understand what I am saying completely.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-21-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-hits-8-million-sales
>>
okay
>>
>>387971054
>Anyone who has played or watched the game will understand what I am saying completely.
It's just an Arma 3 standalone mod.

Glad too see established publishers get assfucked though.
>>
File: 1499288849520.jpg (7KB, 261x203px) Image search: [Google]
1499288849520.jpg
7KB, 261x203px
>not using ReShade
>>
>>387971054
>Anyone who has played or watched the game will understand what I am saying completely.
Well I certainly do.

And I don't think that's a good thing - it only means there will going to be more and more games that are tailored to streamers and revolve around loot boxes, the most cancerous combination there is.

That with combination with the fact that the game isn't even finished, it's buggy as fuck, which only promotes another cancerous practice - releasing unfinished games.

If it wasn't for twitch, a game like this would have never become so popular.
>>
>people still don't understand why PUBG is popular

It's DayZ without the buggy ass zombies and a more fair start. It's what everyone who played DayZ wished that was.
>>
>>387971345

>lets make arma
>let make a zombie game based on arma.
>lets make the zombie game its own game
>people rather kill people than zombies in this zombie game
>lets make killing people its own game.
>wait wasn't arma already about killing people?
>>
>>387971772
>implying Arma's retarded wannabe hyper realistic milsim shit is what earned it the scorn of the average gamer
>>
Great now we'll get a bunch of clones trying and failing to steal players away from it while the game itself slowly dies because it's just not that good.
>>
>>387971054
I'm gonna commit suicide if this game wins GOTY.
>>
>>387971586
Its the phenomenon of having players communicating in relation to the scenario, Commonly known as "Roleplay", just like how you see in GTA online roleplay servers.

Videogames in the future will have you talking to real people instead of choosing your hero's words from a dialogue box or watching a cutscene.

That is the impact on design that I am talking about
>>
File: exd.gif (3MB, 303x333px) Image search: [Google]
exd.gif
3MB, 303x333px
>microsoft managed to get their hands on it somehow
i thought this shit tier company was gonna go bankrupt
oh well
>>
>>387971054
>and virtual reality permanently
This game with VR would be unbelievably sick. Too bad we're ages away from a time when there'll be enough players with VR to have even one match.
>>
>>387972138

no, but you could have make casual arma with a spice of battle royale and that is what pubg did.
>>
>>387971345
Except it's not.
Battle Royale was a mod, but PUBG is something else built from the ground up and is far more casual and isn't realistic at all. ARMA is at least taking still having something that would qualify it as milsim, while PUBG is far closer to something like H1Z1 than ARMA ever.
>>
What I don't understand is how RNG: The Game got so popular. I've played it and honestly I don't find it groundbreaking in any way and isn't RNG in most FPS games, especially in the multiplayer aspect, almost always hated? How the fuck does a game revolving around RNG get so big?
>>
>>387972189

tf2 and overwatch again?
>>
>>387972593
The RNG is not as big of a factor as you think.
>>
>>387972593
People like gambling

Wait until this shitty game gets bought up by some jew publisher and they "monetize" it by adding microtransactions
>>
>>387972593
what rng do you speak of?
>>
>>387972710

??? The RNG pretty much decides your fate for several minutes after you land and even after the initial drop, if you manage to survive, it's still a major factor.
>>
File: 1498135050271.jpg (12KB, 238x183px) Image search: [Google]
1498135050271.jpg
12KB, 238x183px
It's nice to have a shooter without a shitty story or jetpacks flying all over the place or season passes. Just fall out of a plane, look for a weapon, then start shooting whoever you see.
>>
>>387972418

oh boy I can experience my manlet life in VR too.
>>
>>387972248
>Videogames in the future will have you talking to real people instead of choosing your hero's words from a dialogue box or watching a cutscene.

wow, did you just marathoned extra credits and faith science? caus i cant read you any other way?
>>
>>387972248
>PUBG
>roleplaying
These two things have absolutely nothing in common.

PUBG is just a stretched out deathmatch with next to no RP going on, it's an arena with one objective, now called "battle royale" to make it look different.

Does proximity chat make it an RP game? No it doesn't. Needles to say, you mostly get shot by a sniper or point blank by a bunny hopper (lol).

It really is about feeding streamers and everyone between (steam, twitch and the advertisers, not counting the game producers, that's an essential) and regular players literally playing slot machines hoping to get some trenchcoat they could sell for ridiculous price to some rich kid who then gifts it to some streamergurl hoping to get her attention.

Guess I'm getting too old for this shit.
>>
File: 1502568022433.png (161KB, 327x361px) Image search: [Google]
1502568022433.png
161KB, 327x361px
>>387972248
But it's always been this way.

Are you fucking retarded anon?
>>
>>387972791
doesn't it already has them. crates and keys ala cs:go?
>>
>>387971054
I watched the game, it was boring, watching a person jump out a chute, pick up shit and weapons for like 10 minutes straight before even going outside to try and get to other places.
>>
This fucking normalfag bait trash is pushing a quarter of a BILLION (letter "B") dollars in revenue.

I fucking hate this industry and modern """gamers""" now. Pure fucking shit. The AoE4 announcement was the only thing that made me happy about video games in a long time, until I saw the "relic" logo. I need a new fucking hobby, I'm too old to stress out over childish garbage like this now.
>>
>>387972871
But you choose where to land. So "several minutes" can be reduced to "a few seconds" if you land in a high loot area.
>>
>>387972791
Hasn't microsoft just recently gotten their hands on it? Also, microtrans in the form of loot crates are already about to be a thing, similar to CSGO. So yeah, your prediction probably won't be too far off. They're already going back on their words, having promised that microtrans would never be a thing in their game.
>>
File: 1502951509945.jpg (70KB, 870x798px) Image search: [Google]
1502951509945.jpg
70KB, 870x798px
>>387971054
Will they finally hire a UI artist to address their garbage interface, or do they need the money for more caviar?
>>
>>387972807
>>387973015
He's talking about your start point where you "land". Basically, you're good if the first house/building you visit has a decent gun/ammo/medkit and shit. If it has a crap pistol or even nothing, you're screwed, thanks to "RNG".
>>
>>387973148
>high loot area

I'm almost positive(though won't say for certain) that there's absolutely no difference in loot based on where you land. I've landed in Military Base and couldn't find a single weapon in the apartments.

Choosing where to land doesn't negate the fact that weapons are randomly spawned all over the map.
>>
>>387973335
High loot area just refers to an area where there is a higher concentration of loot in a smaller range. Say you clear out a few houses in the middle of nowhere vs. clearing out the school. In roughly the same amount of ground, you'll end up with 5x the loot at the school, which also means you're not going to need to do as much traveling for scavenging.
>>
>>387971772
well, ARMA has a military background
PUBG has a background like the hungergames

>>387972396
>the company who owns the most used operating system
>getting bankrupt soon
to be honest, I have no idea how their financial situation is, but I doubt it is that bad
>>
>>387973449
Even then, it's still just a gamble. Anecdotal referencing here, but like I said, I've dropped in high loot areas IE cities, military base etc. and came out with almost nothing before having to quickly run to the safe if I'm not already in it. And loot isn't even where RNG stops. If you land on one side of the island, and the safe zone is on the complete opposite side, that's totally random. Now you have to quickly scurry for loot so you can hurry your way to the zone. If you don't find a car, because, again, RNG, it's almost not even worth it to stay in the game. The game's selling point is RNG, which almost every time I've heard RNG being mentioned in MP games, it's almost always unanimously despised. I don't really get it, but like an above poster said, people like gambling.
>>
>>387972791
Tencent (chinese megacorp) tried to buy them and they said no.
>>
File: yea.png (163KB, 413x451px) Image search: [Google]
yea.png
163KB, 413x451px
>8 million

You know there's about 1 million cheaters.
>>
>>387972593
The game didn't get big because of its stellar game design, it got big because its a prime example of a twitch bait game.
>>
>>387971740
>It's what everyone who played DayZ wished that was.

Maybe if you were one of those casual come latelys who got DayZ in like 2015 or something during the patch without zombies.

Plenty of people, especially those who had played ARMA 2 and were around for the start with DayZ wanted a zombie survival game, not some Battle Royale crap since there were already other mods that did this.
>>
>>387974438
Pretty much. At this point, I'd say people are buying it solely for the novelty of being with the in-crowd and not being left behind on the next big hit.
>>
>>387972138
That's exactly what did it. Why do you think PUBG gives you giant sized icons for every little bit of information, has only the most utter basics of ballistics involved, a damage system that's laughably arcadey, ect.
>>
>>387971054
Its only a big death match with looting every game. Its not hard or anything fancy, it caught on sure that does not make it le Jesus of games.
>>
>>387972248
DayZ has more roleplaying involved than PUBG does.
>>
>>387973796
Risk management is a skill. People play card games competitively.
>>
>>387974967
Yeah, where there's still some semblance of strategy. There's almost 0 strategy in PUBG. When you can drop into """""high loot areas""""" and walk away with almost nothing, it turns into just a toss up.
>>
>>387974671
Yeah, reaching a critical mass playerbase that sustains itself is the goal lots of recent multiplayer only games have failed at.

Brink was the first slap in the face for me where a game was dead on arrival. Have seen a few since then, but not as bad.
>>
>>387971054
The thing with this genre is there are 1029182940124 other early access titles of similar vein but this one is now the "minecraft" of the genre. I don't think this game will ever die unless it kills itself but even than once people stick to a game they almost extremely rarely leave it regardless of how garbage it becomes due to the act of familiarity alone (think of Wow userbase).
>>
>>387975618
>There's almost 0 strategy in PUBG.
Just because you can't recognise the strategy doesn't mean there isn't any. If luck is all that matters everyone's win rate would be roughly the same.
>>
>>387971054
>Its success is so hard to ignore that it may very well impact game design ... permanently.
Yet another shitty trend on the downward spiral that is contemporary game design. How boring.
>>
>>387975618
There is strategy at a whole lot of micro and macro levels across all if PUBG, and each round everyone must pick and adapt to random variables.

That is good design for the shooter genre, which hasn't had much games like this before.

We may see more games that utelize bigger maps but random focus points per match. Gets good milage out of a map without splitting a playerbase across too many modes or servers.
>>
File: 1499119409353.png (29KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
1499119409353.png
29KB, 800x473px
what's so special about it
>>
>>387975850
>alright guys, we're going to drop in rozhok and hope there's a car that we can take to get to military base
>alright guys, let's drop in pochinki and hopefully find a gun in this building before the shitter across the street blows my head off

Damn wowy real strategy right there.
>>
>>387976192
>Play card games
>Can't deal with shitty hands
Damn wowy real strategy right there.
>>
>>387975949
Keyword: random

That's exactly my point. Randomness in almost every multiplayer focused game is typically shunned in every way. I find it ironic that a game who's main mechanic is RNG, managed to get so popular in such a short amount of time.
>>
>>387976329
PUBG=/=card games.

Hardly similar.
>>
>>387976192
>there is absolutely no way to overcome a disadvantage
>there is nothing you can do at all if things don't work out as originally planned
You are the kinda guy to give up easily in pvp, aren't you?
>>
>>387976192
What do you want? You can drop anywhere and do anything, approach your objective from any angle. You can play along a scale of risk and reward, go full stealth, hunt down players, go loud and invite squads to fight you.

There are so many tactics and options available to you at any point.
>>
>>387976192
>Can't deal with things not going as planned
How do you cope with real life?
>>
>>387976510
If there's no chance, yeah, why waste the time? It's a video game and isn't a big deal. Don't try to get deep, anon.

When you land at a building, find no weapon, then someone walks in with a shotgun, you're fucked. Point blank. And it was pretty much all due to RNG.
>>
My friends have been aggressively trying to get me into this game lately. Am I going to have fun or are they luring me into this for bad reasons?
>>
>>387976604
1v1, No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination.
>>
>>387976367
Have you ever heard of this amazing modern trend called a board game?
>>
>>387971054
>PUBG

for retards who cant play rust.
>>
>>387976606
It's a video game. Stop trying to make connections with the real world. It's not that deep and neither are you.

>>387976604
Except all of the things you mentioned is dependent on RNG.

Anyway, my original point wasn't as much of a gripe with the game but more of a musing; that RNG is almost unanimously hated in MP games, yet one of the biggest games around currently has RNG as it's major mechanic. Relax anon.
>>
>>387971586
>revolve around loot boxes
The difference in pubg is that you can buy them with in game credits from just playing, and then sell them on steam market for real money
I've sold for 6 dollars so far and i've not played that much and also opened a couple of the ones you dont need to buy a key for
>>
>>387976367
>playing modern shooting game.
>aim at a location.
>there is no player there.
>the player was in a different location, impossible to know in advance.

FFUCKING RNG BULLSHIT
>>
>>387975972

It takes the formula of point and click while adding simulation aspects of ARMA series like supply collecting, scavenging, exploring, sneaking and mind games.

It's very versatile in how you can approach enemies. You can make bros by helping random strangers getting bullied, camp areas, bait retards by leaving valuable supplies out in the open, play as a sniper or run and gun.

Most importantly, no console retards can play it so you get a more mature community that likes fucking around with each other in interesting ways other than just point and shoot.
>>
>>387976878
Ok I understand, sorry for giving you such a hard time.
>>
>>387973796
>which almost every time I've heard RNG being mentioned in MP games, it's almost always unanimously despised
some people like chess, some people like poker. It's a matter of taste.

Aside from that, anyone who repeats bullshit like 'risk management is a skill' is a retard that doesn't understand statistics.
>>
>>387976915
Are you having a seizure anon?

>>387976750
Have you ever heard of trends changing over time?
>>
>>387971054
I don't like it.
It's GTA and CS love child, and I don't care for any of those games. Casuals do, though so it's understandable.
>>
>>387976770
Rust sucks though.
>>
>>387977034
Apologize to your parents instead.
>>
File: 1497256510309.jpg (62KB, 851x623px) Image search: [Google]
1497256510309.jpg
62KB, 851x623px
>>387971054
The best part is we will be plagued by Early Access Jewing for even longer now because you guys wanna be like your favorite streamer.

I hope you enjoy another decade of unfinished half supported games because it's what you deserve.
>>
this game is just a mulitplayer shooter that's not even finished. I don't see how it "changes the industry" other than inspiring other indie devs and making early access shit even more popular.

Honestly PUBG just comes off as another flavour of the month game for streamers, ADD teenagers and normies. If it can sustain it's momentum, than that's great, good on the dev for making something that people generally love, but otherwise I can see this being popular until the next shiny new thing comes up.
>>
>>387977043
Risk management is a skill. I'd say you manage risks by not risking your money on a product you are not sure you'd like.

Shit why am I even trying to teach this?
>>
>>387977179
>Mum, I know this won't make sense, but sorry for arguing about the merits of randomness in muliplayer games. It's just... I really was frustrated reading blanket statements from strangers on the internet.
Just kidding my mum's in this thread already.
>>
>>387977271
I think it has some staying power. It's at just the right mix where it's not exactly like anything out there, and it scratches that very specific itch.
Mostly though, I think i's gonna be around for a while compared to other early access shit because it has an objective. Shit like Rust and it's ilk are open ended messes, while this is quick and clean. Play until you die, or kill everyone else. Novel and simple garner more mainstream attention than gather X resource to make Y to get access to gather Z with no real goal.
>>
>>387977294
>I'd say you manage risks by not risking your money on a product you are not sure you'd like
I bought the game, it's ok.
Risk management is just a shitty buzzword to justify removing depth in favor of RNG. You can totally have both, but that requires the ability of offset bad RNG, like bluffing in Poker. You can't really do that in PUBG, but thankfully not every game needs to be 5-dimensional go and games with less depth can still be fun.
>>
>>387977513
Does she give good succ
>>
>>387972396
timed EXCLUSIVE
>>
>>387977621
I suppose.

When with mates, we decide if looting houses along the way are worth the risk of getting ambushed, or worth risking time that could be spent traveling to the objective.

Lots of young'uns without a fully developed risk-gland die in the blue because they haven't learned yet. Then again, know when to fold em.
>>
The only thing that surprises me is that no AAA studio thought it was a good idea to make a battle royale game after all the success of indie developers and modders that just wanted something to fill the niche. From the arma mods to stand alone dayz and its clones, to h1z1 and now this. Its like rocket league in that it condenses what most people enjoy in video games into relatively short sessions that require fairly little investment.
>>
>>387972556
arma isnt realistic at all
and the mechanics of pubg are in the arma mod

and its not an original concept or will be "effecting all future games of time because of success" the twitch cucks whove been streaming pubg have been streaming arma br and h1z1 for years before it. its nothing new, just a fluke success during prime summer time of no fucking big games coming out

pc cucks constantly shilling this garbage are just sad and seeking relevancy , most AAA games sell 8 million copies , im sure GTA 5 sold like 5 million copies day 1 or some shit and COD MW2 had 2+ million players day 1 on 360 alone
>>
>>387978949
Gamers want random loot drops and grinding!!!
>>
>>387979440
I've made 1/4 of my purchase price spent on the game back selling boxes on the marketplace. At first I thought it would be met with horrible critisom but it really only exploits others for my benefit. Hope the bubble lasts, then after Gamescom there will be some other shit.
>>
>>387979664
Gamescom crates are already rising in price. Hold and sell when the game gets bigger
>>
>>387972396
Microsoft has unlimited money, anon. They are never going to be even near to bankruptcy.
>>
>>387971054
>make the shooting better
>add vaulting over objects
>optimize the game better
>add zombie mode
then it'll be GOTY
>>
I JUST wanted a good DayZ multiplayer zombie survival.
>>
>le RNG is bad meme
Chess has RNG, dumbfucks, you're all fucking retarded. RNG is what makes games unpredictable and being able to succeed in a situation that is stacked against you is what makes games addicting.
>>
only 5 years until Blizzard launches a gimped but polished version of this
>>
>>387980094

skill can be used to succeed in situations that are stacked against you, you absolute lowest common denominator of a human.

why dont you skip forward to the suicide part of your life? you disgusting office drone
>>
>>387980170
>skill can be used to succeed in situations that are stacked against you
Yes, and risk management is a skill, you cum-slurping cuck.
>>
>>387980256

there are two trees.

you hide behind one, the other player hides behind another.

Risk manage that situation you dumb cunt. The circle is going to pick one of you.
>>
>>387971054
Get out call of duty system is a God blessing
>>
File: dalai-lama-laugh.jpg (35KB, 483x322px) Image search: [Google]
dalai-lama-laugh.jpg
35KB, 483x322px
It will die soon since the game play gets stale as fuck after you know the limits of everything in it which is not very much... It turns in to meta or nothing unless you wanna waste a half hour playing a loot simulator. I just hope it forces some better devs to make fun open world shooters like this instead of zombie garbage or hero garbage where skill and chance play nearly equal parts.
>>
>>387980292
You're trying to sound like your position relative to the circle and the trees is not influenced by skill in the first place, you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>387980256
you're really fucking stupid individual
I bet you dislike Xcom because of "M-MUH RNG"
>>
File: 1485970631802.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1485970631802.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>387980394
>It will die soon
Says an increasingly nervous virgin for the 50th time in a month.
>>
>>387980094
>Chess has RNG
What the fuck? There's no success rate in making a move in chess anon. You either move your knight or you don't, etc. There's no 'failure' aspect of making a move, only being countered by it. Jesus Christ.

There's so much retardation in this thread from the implication that PUBG is the first to do in-game winnable lootboxes to it being the next step in roleplaying. It's a popular game, for sure, and extremely successful but it didn't invent anything at all. Even its whole concept had already been done in the past. I understand, it's your first time experiencing these mechanics since you're young but this industry has been around for decades, everything in this game had been done before. It's not innovative, it's merely popular and fun.
>>
>>387971054
cool, then you can stop shilling this twitchbait cancer here.
>>
>>387980445
No, I actually like XCOM, because of "M-MUH RNG", you dumb cunt.
>>
>>387980464

The game has no legs other than being stream bait. All the third worlders already bought it now it's going to fall from the peak especially with the slower updates and obvious plans to milk micro transactions. The lack of updates and bug fixes alone should be a warning sign not just the bullshit statement about it...
>>
>>387980479
>What the fuck?
Read up on "white advantage", mongoloid. Then read up on how the first white player is chosen during tournaments.
>>
File: 1493957355751.png (448KB, 846x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493957355751.png
448KB, 846x900px
>>387980580
>The game has no legs other than being stream bait.
Says an increasingly nervous virgin for the 51st time in a month.
>>
>>387980479
not only has it all been done before, its been done before by playerunknown. Youre literally buying the same game over and over. But who knows maybe THIS one will get finished.
>>
>>387980528
but you play it completely relying on the RNG and then get mad when it fucks you in the ass, am i right?
the idea is to manage risks and plan ahead in case you truly get fucked in the ass by the RNG. The circle in PUBG really isn't an "RNG factor". If you're smart, you know how to traverse with it and take advantage of it.
>>
>>387971054
Welcome to 212 when DayZ mod released. Go to sleep.
>>
>>387980580
>stream bait
sorry, but I do not watch streams and I am enjoying the game. I only bought it when my friends recommended it and fell in love with it.
Sure, it definitely has its share of absolute bullshit, bugs and glitches, but in hopes of them being patched, it's a good game.
>>
>>387980631
>japanese mlp bait image
>/pol/ meme
>enjoys early access streambait for normies
the absolute state of /v/
>>
The endgame of the battle royal thing is something akin to Dark Souls/Chivalry.

Shooters don't work long term for this method of gameplay. It's too RNG with instant 300 mile headshots to the back of you, there's no skill involved and every round boils down to who is better at camping.

Since DayZ it has been lots and lots and lots of the same game and mods failing to take it to it's full resting place and full potential, because these bufoons and indie devs can't do actual combat systems or animations worth a shit.

The moment a nip dev takes the idea back to their JP roots with real battle royal and melee weaponry and good combat, it'll be over for these others.

PUBG is simply the latest interloper. The real game hasn't been released yet and likely not even being worked on yet.

I'll say it again. Battle Royal, melee weapons, ranged weapons that come with only a very tiny amount of ammo/shots, and some kind of monster hunter style part gathering and crafting system, with AI enemies and bosses in the overworld. Dark Souls ish combat but with a bit more monhun/dragons dogma anime stuff thrown in. This is where it ends.
>>
>>387980724
this is actually bigger than dayz mod and more popular AND not a buggy piece of shit that uses arma 2 engine. Well at least not on the same level.
>>
>>387980589
Which sort of choosing method would you like to debate then? Coin toss? It's always 50/50, not a random number you ass. Even more so if we're talking about alternating colors between rounds, you can always predict it. It's never an RNG.
>>
jews are trying so hard to get their hands on this game.
>>
>early access
>everyone buys it
This is really my biggest gripe with the game.
>>
>>387980862
>The moment a nip dev takes the idea
And then there's the ideal weebcuck. Nobody plays weebshit and nobody ever will, deal with it.
>>
>>387980862
>reddit spacing
>It's too RNG with instant 300 mile headshots to the back of you, there's no skill involved and every round boils down to who is better at camping.
Look at a player called "Shroud" play this game. He never camps, he's always on the move, plays incredibly aggressively and this gets him a dozen Chicken Dinners every time he plays.
Bad bait is bad.
>>
>>387980965
if it's good, then what's the matter with it being early access? So many people backing the project up, they can't let their hopes down, otherwise it'll be a manhunt. Just like No Man's Sky
>>
>>387980862
>Dark Souls ish combat
Oh fuck no, there's only so much rolling I can take. I like how you denounce camping but like DS's defensive combat.
>>
>>387980950
>having a 50/50 chance of going white first when white provides you with a statistically measurable advantage and the number of sets is an odd number is not RNG
AHAHAHAHA, you're fucking brain dead.
>>
>>387981097
Sounds like someone has played too much Roll Souls 3
>>
File: 1358438543545.png (123KB, 255x319px) Image search: [Google]
1358438543545.png
123KB, 255x319px
>>387972248
>a gameplay system that's been popular since Garry's mod was still a mod is somehow new or revolutionary because ArmA mods tend to be successful.
>>
>>387980932
We'll see if theres a sudden boom of in progress battle royal type games littering the market in a year.
>>
>>387980094
>RNG is what makes games unpredictable
hidden information achieves the same thing but deterministic.

>being able to succeed in a situation that is stacked against you is what makes games addicting
that's probably your cognitive bias, mate. RNG evens the field between good and bad players, when you win it's your skill and when you lose it's the RNG's fault. It gives shitters somebody to blame.
>>
>>387977026
>simulation aspects of ARMA series like supply collecting, scavenging, exploring, sneaking and mind games.

Get a load of this bait. PUBG cant even do bullet ballistics right. Its just another H1Z1.

>no console retards can play it so you get a more mature community

Consolekids will fit right in. All the old H1Z1 cancer play PUBG and they were mixed with CoD kids and dayz KOS fags.
>>
>>387981109
Tell me then, which part of it is an RNG? Which part of it has a random number being generated to determine whether you have the advantage or not? RNG doesn't magically appear simply because things can be measured in statistics anon.
>>
It's so painfully boring, there's barely any gameplay, most of your time is spent looting houses and hiding, with a couple firefights every 15 minutes.

Compare that to UT where it's constant high level action.

I will never understand why casuals eat this shit up
>>
>>387980112
Yeah I'm thinking this too. I'm sure developers like DICE and Infinity Ward / Treyarch / Sledgehammer are scrambling to convert their latest shooter projects into open-world affairs.
>>
File: rogersfinger.jpg (31KB, 282x257px) Image search: [Google]
rogersfinger.jpg
31KB, 282x257px
>It's success is so hard to ignore that it may very well impact game design and virtual reality permanently

fuck right off hahaha
>>
>>387980950
>coin toss isn't rng
Please kill yourself
>>
>>387981327
>Which part of it has a random number being generated
The part where it's decided who plays white first, nigger. This part is decided randomly and the concept of randomness does not mean that the probability of a random event is immeasurable, it simply means that there is no pattern to events, so you cannot predict the next outcome with certainty.

If you want to be autistic about the definition of "RNG", then you should know that there is no computer algorithm that generates a number is a truly random fashion, stop being a fucking retard.
>>
>>387971586
Name 1 (one) game finished on release in the last 15 years.
>>
>>387981365
There is 'survival' aspects of running up against other squads, beating them and becoming stronger for doing so.

In a way, killing people in UT is quick and forgetable because in most of UT you and your opponents respawn, thus take risky actions more frequently.

A lot of people like Gears of War multiplayer and Search And Destroy CoD gameplay for the no-respawns rule. This game is built on that niche.
>>
File: Chicken-Connoisseur-Dixy.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken-Connoisseur-Dixy.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>387979197
>and the mechanics of pubg are in the arma mod

If you're talking in strokes that broad then they share the same mechanics as half life, COD, Battlefield and pretty much every other FPS made since 2000.
>>
>>387979945
><insert company here> is too big to fail! They will be around when our sun dies!
>doesn't know about weaponized diversity policies
It's only accelerating the inevitable decline.
>>
>>387971054
No, I don't understand, elaborate please
>>
>>387971054
Shitty things commonly get popular. PUBG is no different.

See any form of pop culture.
>>
>>387979995
I'm honestly very surprised no AAA game studio has jumped on this trend. We all know whether or not the game turned out shitty it would sell like fucking hot cakes.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.