[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo are you people REALLY having trouble on Titanic Monarch Zone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: TMONARCH2-16.png (139KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
TMONARCH2-16.png
139KB, 350x197px
Yo are you people REALLY having trouble on Titanic Monarch Zone? I keep seeing posts here where people complain they keep having to restart this zone because they keep dying/running out of time.

Are /v/ posters seriously this bad at video games?
>>
nope just stage fucking 5 of the UFO chase.
>>
I had problems with it the first time around. Now I think it is easily the worst new stage in the game because of how boring the gravity ball gimmick is and its fucking everywhere. The first act is fine, the second act is just monotonous and boring as shit.
>>
>>387963918

And a few Blue Spheres stages.
>>
>>387963918
The funny thing is that the ones after it are piss easy.
>>
>>387963594
Only died from the places that could crush you.
Really hate obstacles that instant crush you in Sonic games.
>>
Question - are they playing as Knuckles? Because that's pretty much hard mode.

If you suck at Sonic, just play as Tails. No shame in a Tails run.
>>
So, is there really no way to use the peel out or insta-shield in anything other than No-Save?
>>
>>387963918

Prioritize Rings at first, you can whip up to 70 on the first lap around. Then go for balls. Jump over the spring ramps on the second lap, do not use them, they slow you down.

But the big kicker, and I mean this is the #1 thing; at the junction that will either take you right towards some balls or left towards the two ring capsules and the arrow capsule, never, ever, I mean never at any time for any reason, cut right towards the balls. Always take the left, even after you've gotten all the capsules there. You lose so much ground cutting right, its ridiculous. If you're losing and not cutting right, then you can probably just shore up some other problems (Like jumping over ramps or avoiding more spikes or something), but I win when I take the left and lose when I take the right.

Also one time the UFO just turned around for no reason and ran right into me. Maybe get that to happen Iunno.
>>
I find that ten minutes is actually too short a time for the size of the zones. they are all massive, and I get time-fucked repeatedly - unless you actually die and your time is reset.

Nope! Not allowed to explore, just go the linear route through the level skipping every side path or bonus.

I spent a few minutes in Lava Reef using tails (and sonic) to reach an area that had tricky platforming. Sonic kept sliding off. Whoops those minutes should have been spent running right the whole time, now you are dead.

It also means boss battles have to be within a certain amount of minutes so if you spend 9 minutes playing Act 2 you are probably FUCKED.

Only timed out in Carnival Zone ever in the old games.
>>
Press Garden >= Mirage Saloon (as Knuckles) > Studiopolis > Stardust Speedway > Mechanical Madness > Lava Reef > Green Hill > Hydrocity > Flying Battery > Titanic Monarch >>>> Oil Ocean
>>
>>387964397
>playing as Tails when Tails can pick up Sonic without a second controller needed
>>
>>387964397
I want to like playing as Knuckles but his shitty jump ruins him for me.
>>
>>387965782
I would play him more if the endlag on his glide was nonexistent.
>>
>>387963594
shitters they probably have trouble with blue spheres too
>>
>>387963594
I'm pretty fucking positive that you were originally going to fight each of the Heavies at the end of each path instead of just warping to them for 10 seconds during the Eggman fight.
>>
>>387965003
Levels should never be that long to begin with. 0:30, progress to 3:00.
>>
File: 1499745956565.jpg (166KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499745956565.jpg
166KB, 720x540px
>Going back to the old Super form system after years of being able to activate and deactivate it with a second jump button in Sonic 3 Complete

oh god i can't deal with this
>>
>>387963594
timed out on my very first try, since then every other attempt has been successful
>>
>>387966071
I also don't like how slow the glide is when he is super. Its so weird seeing how fast he can go until he goes into a glide and slows down.
>>
>>387963594
The pattern I noticed is the zones that get complained about the most involve the least bulldogging through the level. Like I can't for the life of me see what's so difficult about oil ocean other than you actually have to be familiar with typical Sonic mechanics. This plus the fact that everyone sucked Sonic 2's dick up until the announcement of Mania leads me to believe most people here never really played 3k until recently and are just fronting like they are long time fans.
>>
File: 20GIGto.jpg (75KB, 445x290px) Image search: [Google]
20GIGto.jpg
75KB, 445x290px
>tfw I never got far in any of the original Sonic games but I'm having a lot of fun
Even when I die I just shrug it off because I end up on a different path
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.