[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth starting out in WOW? >rising college sophomore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: World-Of-Warcraft-Logo2.jpg (476KB, 2827x1608px) Image search: [Google]
World-Of-Warcraft-Logo2.jpg
476KB, 2827x1608px
Is it worth starting out in WOW?

>rising college sophomore
>have loving gf
>history of video game addiction (Dota2,Gmod)
>internships lined up

d-do it do it /v/?
>>
it's so shitty that you shouldn't be afraid of getting addicted to it like people used to.
>>
>>387962620
But theres so much content and thats without the expansions either

Im just afraid ill go from playing an hour at night to consuming my life
>>
File: 1501034598384s.jpg (3KB, 125x108px) Image search: [Google]
1501034598384s.jpg
3KB, 125x108px
Please /v/ I need advice before i ruin my life
>>
Don't do it
>>
>>387962490
Its too late for a fresh player to start with Wow. The leveling experience is extremely unbalanced and broken. You'll never die, and you'll either end up outleveling the zones in a few quests, or stand afk in the main city waiting for the dungeon queues to pop.

What i recommend however is to try out vanilla world of warcraft on a free private server called Elysium. Tens of thousands of players from all over the world, and you'll get the experience of how the game was meant to be played.
>>
>modern WOW
>addicting

fear not you underage faggot, the game is shit beyond redemption
>>
>>387962490

>rising college sophomore
>have loving gf
>history of video game addiction (Dota2,Gmod)
>internships lined up

Retail is geared toward people who have a life due to how casual it is now, the whole fun got sucked out when they began to hand hold people for quests, and tear down any chance of community by merging servers, and instantly going to a dungeon by a press of a button

Private has you running over the world to go to dungeons, make buddies and think when you do your quest, but it's definitely not the same of retail with buggy ass quests and other shit, it's all about nostalgia for everyone who already played

Just make a trial account, it's totally free up until level 20, plus you should head to moonguard if you want some sense of community since they do events and shit
>>
>>387963863
Elaborate anon

What is Elysium??
>>
File: 1496857565385.jpg (97KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
1496857565385.jpg
97KB, 500x631px
Sadly you missed the boat anon, you will never have the magical experience that got people hooked way back in the day. At best you play the game and go ''oh that's neat'' once you reach ''endgame'', do the dungeons, do one LFR, than that'll be it. It's meant more for quick consumption nowadays to keep it's dwindling playerbase.
>>
>>387962490
Unironic yes.
It is the most casual mmo experience out there, so unless you want to lose your life you'll be fine.
>>
>>387965435
but whats this elysium shit i hear about?

Is it legit or am i being punked
>>
>>387962490
Hey man just regulate your play time and don't let it get in the way of progress of your life. Don't be a loser senpai, I'm about to resub next week though once my motherboard and case come in.
>>
>>387964424
Its a free private server for vanilla wow with a huge community. Vanilla is the original WoW from 2005/06 before the expansions ruined the game.

If you google it then the website should be the first link.
>>
>>387962490
If you have friends to play with.
Otherwise i say don't bother.
>>
Am I really the only one who thought as of about a year ago WoW was still pretty decent? Why is them making it possible to level up your character quicker so bad? In the old days you had to play for fucking months nonstop to even stand a chance of maxing out a character.
>>
>>387965908
Its an entirely different game from what we originally fell in love with.
>>
>>387965889
How do I find people to play with?

I have a friend from work but he is busy often. Is it still fun playing solo?
>>
>>387965585
Other anons already answered your question.
Elysium is a private server using the version of the game without the expansions. Basically the real MMO deal without random matchmaking and lackluster leveling/dungeon farming.

It is using a fleshed out core, so you get the 100% legit, relatively bug free experience.

Since it is a private server, there is no monthly sub fee. You downloaf the client via torrent or 3rd party ftp, manuaööy change the server list and off you go.

Literally google Elysium WoW for more info.
>>
>>387965908
Efficient 1-60 takes something like 5 days /played on an established server (ie. you can count on finding help for the group quests that are worth doing or being able to purchase bags to reduce time spent on selecting loot or inventory management, but you don't have to camp for spawns either like you might have to do on overcrowded fresh server).
>>
File: 125432532643.jpg (360KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
125432532643.jpg
360KB, 1162x850px
>>387966310
Thanks anon, i did google it but it seemed too god to be true considering WOW a paid service and i couldnt imagine thew jews at blizzard letting their profits slide away from them
>>
>>387966518
There were other private servers that got shut down or cuck'd, like the recent TBC server or Nostalrus.

I forgot where Elysium is hosted, but it is outside of blizzards legal territory.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.