[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found Oblivion and Skyrim boring, but I've never checked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Morrowind_Cover.png (3MB, 991x1293px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_Cover.png
3MB, 991x1293px
I found Oblivion and Skyrim boring, but I've never checked out Morrowind. Sell me on it /v/.
>>
>>387954604
morrowind is one of my favorite rpgs but its easily more "boring" than tes 4 and 5
>>
>>387956207
Why is ir your favorite but more boring?
>>
>>387956242
the world of morrowind just feels so alien and unique and the main story is quite compelling.morrowind did quests and world building better than any other game. theres just so many great characters and factions written in to the game. theres minimal handholding and spoonfeeding and the game is much more difficult than the other games so it feels much more satisfying to progress through the game
>>
Imagine Skyrim but it's an actual RPG, and that's basically Morrowind
>>
There's a Fishy Stick.

/thread
>>
>>387956493
Sounds like the opposite of Skyrim
>>
>>387956950
right. tes 4 and 5 get progressively worse as they step up the casual consolification. even if combat is better the games as a whole and especially as an rpg are much worse.
>>
>>387956242
If your attention span was too short for Skyrim, it will no doubt be too short for Morrowind
>>
>>387954604
Combat is shit, like absolute fucking shit. If you expected action you're not getting much of that, it's just dudes swinging their arms and shouting n'wah.
On the other hand, the world looks so special. While Skyrim is pretty much magic GoT, this game and the island are so far from what we think of as fantasy games that you can't help but want to know more. The villagers eat stuff that you could only find in South American jungles maybe. Their transport means, culture, history, philosophy, it's all so cohesive and interesting.
You have a map that, while very convenient, is still a simple map. Your quests are logged in a shitty book, because of course they are. If you want to learn the fundamentals of alchemy, why, you read the alchemy book that mentions the most common ingredients and where to find them, but it won't give you quest markers: you simply read, learn, and walk to the place. In this game I often don't use QoL mods simply because I like sleeping in an inn after walking all day and dealing with pests in a dangerous trip.
In Skyrim I play a race, but in Morrowind I am that race. It's not my character's house, but mine. I'm not sure I can really explain it any better.
Also you can fly and come up with silly spells and potions to fuck around a lot.
>>
>>387957157
>not liking skyrim means your attention span is short

t. buttmad elder cuck fag
>>
>>387957330
If you magic the combat isnt that bad but playing with a melee only character is a punishment,
>>
>>387958261
not really, melee becomes powerful in the mid game. or you can roll a redguard and use their racial ability for any tough fights early on.
>>
File: lol.jpg (12KB, 325x316px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
12KB, 325x316px
>>387957860
did you even read the comments before that anons last one?
>>
>>387958391
i think he meant a punishment as in its not as fun. everyone knows its ten times harder to play a magic character for the first 10-20 lvls (depending on your games difficulty slider setting)
>>
>>387958685
oh yea, i misread his post because im drunk.
>>
>>387954604
The lore is like Lewis Carroll and Tolkien went to the Rain Forest and took massive amounts of mushrooms
>>
>>387958261
Magic is the single saving grace in terms of combat, yeah. And in terms of fun, magic-thief is the best too.
Hell, just make your thief minor in Long Blade and you have the Warrior experience too.
>>
>>387954604
Morrowind is fun because I can arrive to a town, shoot my custom invisibility+frenzy, and watch people kill each other.
>>
>>387959530
13yo me used to love levitating over towns then shooting maximum size custom fireball spells all over everyone
>>
Kill a god with a lockpick.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.