[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No Dark Nuts >No Redeads >No Leevers >No Tektites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

>No Dark Nuts
>No Redeads
>No Leevers
>No Tektites
What did Nintendo mean by this?

No but seriously, it feels like they played it too safe on the enemy front. I would have liked a good 5 or so more enemies.
>>
probably the only common criticism of the game that I fully agree with
>>
>>387951327
I miss the first two
Aeralfos would have been an insanely interesting addition too, can you imagine a bunch of camps with those fucks flying around it?
>>
File: deadhand.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadhand.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387951327
I miss when Zelda could actually be scary. There's nothing like Bottom of The Well or Ikana Canyon
>>
>>387951327

I really hope that the next Zelda has better enemy variety. Dark Nuts could have been a lot of fun to fight if Lynels are any indication.
>>
>>387951327
This is the only major problem I have with the game, and brings it down from a 9.5 to a 9 for me. It's a pretty glaring flaw and I hope a sequel fixes it.
>>
>a fucking NES game has more enemy variety than BotW
It did a lot of things well but they really dropped the ball here.
>>
There's no excuse for any of them not being included since they could all drop things already in the game.
>weapons
>depending on the type, weapons or generic drops
>shit you'd find in the desert
>shit you'd find near rivers or on Death Mountain
>>
>>387951327
Seriously. I was really hoping they'd redesign Dark Nuts to look like some sort of Sauron looking warriors, maybe riding a black horse, that you encounter at night. Or at least one in Hyrule Castle as a boss fight instead of the generic Stalnox guarding the Hylian Shield.

>>387951684
This. Nintendo will probably never make another Majora's Mask type game because Zelda titles need to always be system sellers appealing to mass audiences now
>>
File: C27fiaVXgAAFnFQ.jpg (98KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
C27fiaVXgAAFnFQ.jpg
98KB, 960x720px
>have two iconic series enemies known for carrying large weapons in multiple games
>include a bunch of huge swords and axes
>DURRRR MAKE THE MOBLINS CARRY THEM
>>
>>387951327
>>387951479
although to be honest I don't feel Dark Nuts or Leevers would really add anything, the former wouldn't feel that different from a Moblin (may as well add armor for stronger Moblins instead) unless they drastically overhauled them for BotW; the latter would functionally be a chu chu variant - bottom line, they'd feel no different to fight. I'd love for Poes, ReDeads, Tektites to be added though, as well as this anon's suggestion >>387951640
>>387951838
to be fair, they clearly focused on giving the enemies in BotW good AI and variety with their equipment and elemental variations, but still they really should've had a few more enemy types - especially region-exclusive stuff (like how the Molduga was only found in Gerudo): can you imagine if they had a peahat-like miniboss in Faron jungle, for example?
>>
>>387952367
I really wish they'd made more minibosses and made them all unique and exclusive instead of copy/pasting them across the map, the first time I encountered a Lynel or Hinox it felt special and made me wonder about how much other even more dangerous stuff would be out in the map, then eventually realized I'd already seen everything in the first couple hours. Peahat would've been amazing.
>>
File: stalhorse.jpg (427KB, 1609x833px) Image search: [Google]
stalhorse.jpg
427KB, 1609x833px
>can't register Stalhorses
BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY
>>
>>387951327

Is there ever a part in Twilight Princess where you fight a bunch of Darknuts or giant knights in Link's village or am I just remembering wrong?
>>
>>387952675
Yeah, as I said if the minibosses were handled like the Molduga (region-exclusive and rare) it'd be fantastic and hype as hell when you come across them, but sadly they didn't go that route. It's a shame as I feel the minibosses/lynels are well designed and fun to fight.
>>
When will another Zelda came come along with the monster diversity that ALtTP had?
>Go to Dark World for the first time
>Like 4-5 different enemy types on the fucking first screen you start out on
>>
>>387953014
That's a dream scenario of yours.
>>
>>387953585
Well, you've got to understand that most of those enemies aren't complicated in the slightest. BoTW's enemies, as few as there are, have a ton of attention to detail, no matter what way you look at it.
>>
>>387952675
my issue with this is the same as my issue with Mario, how every game after Sunshine pretty much has been filled with Koopaling fights and no actually creative bosses, outside of the middle castles
even if there were no extra minibosses, at least shove bosses into the Divine Beasts that weren't the Blights
I wish they had more creative designs
maybe just make bosses the descendants of bosses from the first game
I also wish the forests had Deku Scrubs instead of Octoroks and that Octoroks just moved around on land like the ones in the first games
>>
>>387953997
>I also wish the forests had Deku Scrubs instead of Octoroks and that Octoroks
I was just thinking about this as the forest type octoroks may as well have used a deku scrub model with unchanged behavior, I'm not sure why they didn't do that.
>>
>Stone Talus don't get new moves the further out they are
>same goes for Hinox, Stalnox, etc.
>>
>>387954254
>Stone Talus don't get new moves the further out they are
technically they do due to the rare elemental variations that afaik only exist in Hebra and Eldin respectively.
>>
>>387951327
Botw didn't have Goriyas either did it?
>>
>>387954245
>>387953997
Could've also been a good way to get a few Deku scrub characters with potential sidequests

>>387954254
Yeah, the fire/ice Talus fights were a meme. Literally takes 1 arrow to undo their supposed extra defense. The game should've done this in general, make the shrines and enemies harder the further from the center you are.
>>
>>387953014
You propably thining this.
https://youtu.be/ER7TZfoN9N4
Some dude released a video with every ordon pumpkin replaced as a dark nut.
>>
>>387954245
I remember in the week before the game was out and some people's gameplay was leaked and threads saying the Deku Scrubs were in the game, I got excited, only to find out they're just more Octoroks for whatever purpose
the Ice enemies in Yeto's mansion I wish returned too, if only to be able to smash them easier since they were a fucking nightmare in Twilight Princess
and Frost Talus could have been replaced by the huge Ice Breathing statues in MM and TP
as well as a more interesting Armos that you would have multiple ways of defeating
>>
>>387954440
They also didn't have Pol's Voice either.
>>
>>387951327
they saved those ones for the 2020 same-engine sequel
>>
>Death Mountain
>no Dodongos
>you now have two types of bombs
Really.
>>
>>387951327
We need Darknuts, Redeads, Stalfos, Aeralfos and fucking moldorm minibosses
>>
>>387954515

holy shit yes thank you
>>
Literally every asshole who whines about enemy variety in this game forgets that it's a nature simulator with a shitload of fauna.

>>387954758
>implying it's worthwhile to design and implement an enemy that can only be used in the smallest biome in the game
>>
>>387956463
>shitload of fauna
>deer
>goat
>horse
>recolored birds
>>
>>387952879
If you're still there anon... You can register it. But you have to do it in a special way.
>>
>>387956552
>Deer
>Mountain Goats
>Foxes
>Wolves
>Beetles
>Butterflies
>Dragonflies
>Crabs
>Frogs
>Herons
>Ostriches
>Lizards
>Hawks
>Fish
>Water Buffalo
>Bears
>Rhinoceroses

Get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1469766793448.png (129KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1469766793448.png
129KB, 480x270px
>>387956463
>took half a decade to make
>one of the biggest budget games nintendo has released in a while
>can't afford to have simple things like an environment-unique enemy that wouldn't even have to be invented, just translated to a new game
>>
>>387956463
you're right
they could have added caves that had lava within them and Dodongos, fire chuchus and fire keese could have been inside
>>
>>387956784
Yeah and the game could also have endless quests and unlockable characters and special cheatcodes to unlock and there's a whole second continent full of unique bosses and secret dungeons if you 100% Hyrule and also there's a co-op mode.

Do you get my point yet? It's fucking easy to ask for more and better.
>>
>>387956904
I was just asking for caves and more enemy variety and less animal variety
the rhinoceroses, water buffalo, million birds weren't really needed and don't make the game as fun as more enemies would have
>>
>>387957002
>the rhinoceroses, water buffalo, million birds weren't really needed
Wrong. They're essential for making the world feel alive. BotW's world shits on almost any other open world because of their focus on things like Biomes and Flora/Fauna.
>>
File: 1503231862464.jpg (68KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1503231862464.jpg
68KB, 1600x900px
>>387956904
>implying a few more characters and some caves would've been too hard for one of the biggest, most important nintendo games of the past 5 years

maybe your games would be better if you stopped shitposting here all day aonuma
>>
>>387957002

>caves

I would actually enjoy this. I didn't even know I wanted it until right this very moment.

The caves in TP were comfy as fuck, but there weren't nearly enough of them.
>>
Lads this is annoying.
This game has bar non the best 'overworld' of any Zelda game. It's not even close.
The lack of enemy variety isn't going to change my mind about that or make me not enjoy the game but it's still such a fucking goddamn shame we didn't get more enemy types. It's true that the enemies we have in this game are made wonderfully and their AI is great, and thus they take longer to create this type of stuff, but fuck, it really becomes apparent how small the enemy roster is in comparison to the vastness of the map. I would have liked to see Bokoblins being in the early field type areas. Moblins in the more dangerous field areas. Lizalfos in the tropical / water heavy areas. New threats for Death Mountain entirely. New threats for the Desert areas. New enemy for the Lost Woods (Poes or some shit would suit this) and probably some more for areas I'm not thinking of.
I legitimately do not mind Bokoblins and what not, and I'm sure most people don't, the main reason people bitch about them is that they're shoehorned in everywhere. Just a few tweeks would be needed to make the game a straight up 10/10 in my eyes.

>Enemy variety needs a boost. No questions asked.
>Actual sprawling dungeons.
>A few more mini bosses (Could technically just be under Enemy variety?)
That's all. That is LITERALLY all it would take to be GOTYAYEY in my eyes.

The world is massive, there's tons to do in it, just fucking throw some actual dungeons akin to other Zelda games around now.
>>
>>387956757

You forgot crickets and snails, anon.
>>
>>387957252
You're right. I also left out small birds, horses and sand seals. There's a lot of fauna.
>>
>>387956697
elaborate
>inb4 your dad works at nintendo
>>
>>387957315

Then there's all the different plants.

The Elder Scrolls influence is actually quite apparent when you discuss the breadth of wildlife in the game.

BotW is bretty gud. A new continent or some dungeons/Cave of Ordeals style addons would be appreciated.
>>
>>387957152
yeah, they could've also used the minecarts from the gorons to make some of them look like abandoned mineshafts. Considered there actually are a few small caves hiding shrines in the game i'm surprised this didn't happen.

>>387957205
Pretty much. Death Mountain was kind of disappointing altogether, with how much it sticks out of the map and is even more visible than Hyrule Castle I assumed it would play a bigger role in the plot and be like a really epic Mount Doom type place.

Instead we basically got OoT Death Mountain with some lava. Cool, but with an open world a volcanic region could've been so much more
>>
File: Lizalfos.png (100KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lizalfos.png
100KB, 250x250px
*jumps away from you*
>>
>>387957073
kek
I'm guessing you have autism, due to how annoyed you're getting at people wishing there were more within the game, but I don't think anybody looks back at the game and thinks, wow those rhinoceroses and water buffalo were really great
they were a nice touch, but not essential holy crap
and I honestly believe this is the greatest open world game and my favourite Zelda game
I have closer to 600 hours playtime than 500 hours
but more enemy variety means more things to do
I'm not saying they should get rid of the flora/fauna, just that they should have prioritised more enemy types
>>
>>387957475
>>387957315
Squirrels too.
>>
>>387957582
>tfw the stones describing Zora history mention they battled with Lizalfos, but we never got to see some actual between those in the game
>tfw no second Zora town in the Faron jungle where Link has to help overthrow the Lizalfos trying to breach their defenses

>>387957598
>close to 600 hours playtime than 500 hours

the shit, i 100%'d the game with koroks and shrines and everything only have like 250
>>
File: Yiga-blademaster.jpg (13KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Yiga-blademaster.jpg
13KB, 280x280px
I'm fine with the enemy variants in the game, however I would've loved it if the variants were handled like Lizalfos with how you have normal, silver, and gold as well as ice, fire, and electric Lizalfos. The fact they can also go in water and disguise themeselves was great vor diversity in a single enemy class.

>>387951327
Would the Yiga Blademaster be considered Darknut-esque?

>>387954440
What purpose would they serve? Lizalfos already took their gimmick by using boomerangs as their standard weapon.
>>
Redeads don't really have a place in BoTW unfortunately, unless they get heavily heavily reworked to behave completely differently.

Poes are woefully missed and could have been a great edition to the game.
I know everybody wants Dark Nuts but I don't know where they would fit into the game. Like where would you encounter these guys that would actually make sense?
I agree on Leevers being a good choice though. Somebody earlier on said they behave too much like Chuchu but I think there's a good enough difference to warrant them, and they have a very simple AI too so it wouldn't be much work.
Skulltula could have been interesting too.
Tektite for some Death Mountain variety.
Throw some Peahats in too and I think that's just about everything I'd want in the game.
>>
>>387958790
Would've loved if they redesigned Redeads to be the complete opposite of how they normally function: Have them steady themselves and then come quickly chasing at you, that's still creepy and would've been a real good spook first time encountering them.

Dark Nuts could've been another miniboss variant, or a unique boss guarding the hylian shield in the castle as suggested in this thread earlier. An actual swordsman vs swordsman fight would've been great, Yiga guys unfortunately didn't really meet that wish.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.