[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>college droput >no experience in the gaming industry >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: AaronWebber_ForBlog.jpg (618KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AaronWebber_ForBlog.jpg
618KB, 1280x720px
>college droput
>no experience in the gaming industry
>no design, programming, artistic or writing experience
>got a job at Sega with no connections

How does this shit happen?
>>
He does his job well, and the company seems to like him.
You can talk about the shitty memes he spews out all you want, but the fact is, the community loves him.
>>
>>387945539
And yet, he's still the greatest thing for SEGA and Sonic's image ever conceived because he actually has an intimate understanding of the Sonic fanbase without being a faggot about it.
>>
>>387945812
I'm not disagreeing. He's done great things for the Sonic brand.

How did he actually get the job, though? It makes zero sense.
>>
>>387945909
Some dicks got thoroughly sucked.
>>
>>387945539
He's credited as the animation producer for Sonic Mania too.
>>
>>387945539
He literally said it on stream. He was a mod on SEGA retro and they were offering a job position for something related to Phantasy Star, a game he had a lot of knowledge on. He didn't get the job but they told him they'd call him back if they had another opening. That's how he ended up where he is now
>>
>>387945539
Wasn't he a Sega forums moderator for a long time?
>>
>>387945539
>>got a job at Sega with no connections

kek, you'd be a retard to believe this bullshit.
>>
>>387945539
I remember he used to be a mod on the Sega forums, then he became a Sega PR guy for a while, then he left to work for some charity organization or something, then Sega asked him to come back after they got rid of the guy involved with the Boom games, then he helped make the American branch of the Sonic franchise more self-aware starting with the twitter account.

Aaron's a cool guy. I don't think a lot of the talent behind Mania would have been involved if not for him.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (8KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
8KB, 267x200px
>>387945539
>Droput
>>
>>387945539
>revives Sonic
based Aaron
>>
I have no idea who that is
>>
>>387948204
Get out mobileposter.
>>
>>387945539
He got hired to shill. It's become popular to hire youtubers these days for TV and PR.
>>
>>387945909
He was a mod for Phantasy Star Online and slightly knew some people at Sega from it. Went ahead and tried going for a social media position back when it was considered less important and landed it. Left for a bit then came back and started the meme thing because he knew it's what people online share the most.

Basically he was in before companies even realized the importance of his role and were giving it away to anyone with any semblance of online knowledge.
>>
File: aloysmug.jpg (641KB, 1025x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aloysmug.jpg
641KB, 1025x1080px
>>387945539
>have all of that shit
>creates Mass Effect andromedra
I don't think none of that shit matters , all that matters is HEART and LOVE for the fucking project.
>>
>>387948751
what the hell are you talking about
>>
>>387948751

dumb aloy poster
>>
Who
>>
>>387948743
PSO had mods? Everyone would chest and make sex simple chat
>>
>>387948995
gonna waste my time on you
AAA games focus on hiring ''talented'' artists that have huge resumes from huge names when it comes to college or past work experience.
>>
>>387945539
people just get lucky
>>
>>387948751
Aloy. That kid is the person behind the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account. He outlasted the actual guy in charge of Sega PR.
>>
File: translator.png (345KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
translator.png
345KB, 720x1280px
because sega does what nintendont
>>
I was friends with him back in 2009 on the SEGA forums. he's a cool guy. I think it's funny that he ended up being so well known.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.