[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>like fantasy settings >hate RPGs >the vast majority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: cryingrussiankid.jpg (222KB, 1024x1286px) Image search: [Google]
cryingrussiankid.jpg
222KB, 1024x1286px
>like fantasy settings
>hate RPGs
>the vast majority of games with a fantasy setting are RPGs
>>
File: whatin.png (25KB, 266x220px) Image search: [Google]
whatin.png
25KB, 266x220px
There are tons of action, adventure and even strategy and platformer games that are fantasy based. Its the most overused setting in games.
>>
>>387943902
The only ones that really allow the player to explore the setting and put effort into their world-building are RPGs. The other genres are just games that happen to have a sword-wielding protagonist.
>>
>>387943223
Are there any FPS in the fantasy setting?
>>
>>387944238
What is it you hate about RPGs whilst loving world-building and exploration? What kind of game do you actually want? Elder Scrolls without the stats?
>>
>>387944238

>The only ones that really allow the player to explore the setting and put effort into their world-building are RPGs.
You're an idiot. Not only do games like Zelda exist, you even have Endless Legend which is all about lore and taking over the world.
>>
>>387943223
>hate RPGs
Why
At least action RPGs you must like
>>
>>387945383
I can really enjoy fantasy films and television but I just find most RPGs to be a chore to play. The sidequests are almost always dull fetch quests, most of the rewards you acquire are just meaningless consumables or worthless weapons/armour, the combat is often pretty bare bones.
>>
>>387944636

Skyrim.
>>
>>387944636
Hexen
>>
>>387946463
Try Dragon's Dogma
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.