[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone really give a shit? Who is still left to care about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

Does anyone really give a shit? Who is still left to care about Assassin's Creed? Are mainstream gamers even excited for this?
>>
WE
>>
>>387931249
>Are mainstream gamers even excited for this?
Yes
>>
the combat system is worst yet tho judging from material released
>>
>>387931306
I have never heard a single person, normalfag or not, express excitement for this game.
>>
>>387931249
from what we have seen game will be shit
biggest issue was the brainless combat that got even worse somehow
hood point of Syndicate and Unity were the high and great buildings. now its just some shit here and there
at least its the biggest AC. this will please my autism when I try to gind all chests and synch fragments
>>
I'm excited to replay AC1, the Ezio, trilogy and 4 occasionally.
Nobody's excited for modern Ubishit.

Speaking of, what's the best port of 1?
>>
>>387931305
WUZ
>>
Big AC fag here. I dont really feel any excitement. I mean I'll play it, but I'm hopin it is at least connected to he ongoin plot somehow.
>>
I've always wanted an AC game set in Egypt, I'm definitely excited even though I know it'll only be mediocre at best.
>>
BING BING WAHOO TIME TO POUND THAT VAGOO
>>
I don't generally buy into casual mainstream games but I do for Assassin's Creed.

I hope they give the option to use traditional-style controls though.
>>
>>387933861
i played it on pc, did not notice any problems
>>
>>387931249
I doubt normies will like the game. The fun of AC was fast combat, fast running. I can understand why they upped the difficulty in fights from Unity onwards, to emphasise the option of running from fights again, but they include full on boss battles here which just goes against ACs thing of displaying reality and not making things too videogamey. Guard Encounters are leveled like they are fucking Pokemon, you can no longer one hit kill people with the hidden blade. AC had its nieche and they drag it out of there to let it starve. Their only market is "history buff" tumblerinas anymore and I think even those get alienated by only showing like 5 mins of the old protagonists nowadays.

And another thing that pisses me off is how they obviously should have done a Revolution trilogy with French, Industrial and Russian Revolution and now they just skipped the one game missing.
>>
>>387931249
My boss, believe it or not, is 100% on board the hype train. He's also a giga autist about the Assassin's Creed franchise in general.
I kinda feel bad for him, he's 43 years old and acts like an exited child every time someone talks about AC. I made the mistake of telling him I played the first two games and now every time I see him he always wants to tell me about the lore and what happened in the other games.

Is this what it's like to be naive and innocent again?
>>
>>387931249

>Are mainstream gamers even excited for this?

Most of the people who buy games aren't informed consumers. They are excited for whatever they're to told to be excited for. They're the kind of people still impressed by E3 trailers and know nothing about graphical downgrades.
>>
I dont see how anyone would just pick this up. Surely you have to be invested in the series to care.
>>
>>387935608
In his defence, 1 and 2's plot is incredible
>>
>>387931249
I'll give it a pirate and probably drop it halfway through
>>
>total autismo who enjoys nearly every entry in the AC series (but FUCK Liberation and those crappy Chronicles games)
>even enjoyed the AC movie
>probably won't be getting this one right off the bat
Pretty much this >>387934829
>>
>>387931249
>tried to pirate AC Unity
>ACU.exe has stopped working
>uninstall
What about Syndicate? is worth pirating?
>>
>>387936248
2 really did great things by expanding the overarching mystery, but the series took a real nosedive after Brotherhood

so basically right after Patrice left Ubisoft (or was fired idk)
>>
>>387936628
no. It's worse than Unity.
>>
>>387931249
i'v played and 100%ed every AC game (except for those pointell collectibles) so i'd say i'm a pretty big fan
ashraf (the creative director) was in AC4 and it was great. i'll see how it goes
from what i've seen graphically it looks beautiful, the changes (combat, eagle vision, setting) while not objectively good (some will like it, some won't) are much welcome
i'm curious how they will develop the present time plot, mainly how relevant the going to the birth of the brotherhood as we know it actually is
>>
>>387936793
What about that whole spiel what with using the Pieces of Eden to make a Precursor body from scratch?
Now THAT, I'm interested in
>>
>>387935608
Lorefags should have been put off by Unity at the very least.
>>
>>387936628
Fitgirl ;^)
>inb4 bitcoin miner
>>
>>387936793
The best thing they could do is end it. Or at least Give Rebecca, Shaun etc a resolution before passing the torch.
>>
>>387936927
fitgirl makes me get a boner
>>
>>387936921
that's what i mean.
we end with that and now we go all back to egypt? why?
was a sage mummified and, therefore, is still preserved? wouldn't the shroud they got in syndicate be enough? or will we see it again in this game since jesus supposedly had one something like 70y later?
>>
If the present day segments are as half-assed and forgettable as the last three games I'm dropping it. Fuck this faceless Abstergo employee nonsense
>>
>>387936921
It's pretty pathetic that they're still on that narrative path since 4.

They made a big mistake in killing off desmond, and lucy for that matter. That team had a real chemistry in 2 and in Brotherhood.

Ubi's placeholder with these nameless/ faceless player avatars 'worker drones' is utter fucking junk.
>>
>>387937550
>>387937560
even Abstergo Drone was better than "literally some dude sitting on his couch"
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.