[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you worried Witcher 3 was "Jump the shark" &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Witcher 3 really did something for this company. They slightly tweaked certain things vision-wise from their roots of TW1 and 2 to reach a broader audiene and personally I think the end result is super respectable and I overall prefer TW3 a lot to their previous games. It's just such an achievement not just for these guys but for AAA and next gen in my view. That said, I'm a bit worried, particularly regarding the evolvement of GoG and outside influences like social media, GDC and other things that, now what CDPR is on the map as one of the bigwigs in AAA, they'll start to lose their way more and more until they're just another dirty AAA developer.

I have not followed GoG closely other than that I really like how much new releases are also on the platform nowadays and I can still download stuff DRM-free without that GoG-galaxy thing I have never touched, nor do I intend to, but I heard last year that they got a new CEO and in the meantime they've gotten more presentable. I also imagine CDPR is a growing company and as such, worry they'll start to risk less on big projects and go even more where it's popular to be. Witcher 3 had me worried at first because it was marketed obviously as a Skyrim-killer but to everyone's rejoice its size boasting didn't mean we got a less original game as they, much like they said, redefined RPG or at least took the very best elements of all types of RPG and combined them into one.
>>
My worries for future products mostly come from certain signs within Witcher 3. The main story had a few issues towards the end but honestly I don't read much into this as it at least had 3 very distinct epilogues and Witcher 2 also had a pretty abrupt ending originally. Aside from a few crunch-cycle related issues, there were things from Witcher 2 that didn't make it to TW3 like the hush-hushness of sex, a little bit of feminism (sometimes I feel lukewarm about Ciri's portrayal. She's too ideal somehow). I know all "SJW" talk is controversial but I feel like CDPR is a company that's bold in that they don't jump on that bandwagon of accounting for every type of person or adjust their lore accordingly unlike BioWare or most other big devs that really started sacrificing their integrity for social justice; inserting the political views of the devs and bias their narrative with it.

Really, there's no concrete sign yet that CDPR is gonna go down in that rabbithole, but there are so many things going on in the social media right now and other big AAA releases it's hard not to comply as a big-risk product maker I bet. The same thing applies to the notion that gaming is moving into a "post-story" world where idiotic developers claim that "characters are more important than story" and strive to make "emergent narrative" to the point where more and more devs claim the 3-act structure shouldn't apply to gaming. It's all a bit slippery slope of bad faulty reasoning based on observations that are misguided.
>>
tl;dr
>>
I just wanted to give it a shoutout, Witcher 3 that is. That game is so damn near perfect for what a video game in 2015+ can do. I really hope CDPR stick to the lessons learned with TW3; that it is a very good game that created a mainstream goodwill towards this company that's almost absurd if you check r/gaming or elsewhere. I don't think CDPR should afford to lose that by complying to popular trends. Really, they should just stick to their guns and dive headfirst into TW4 and Cyberpunk with every part of the same ideology that made them create TW3. You guys rock, that's what I wanna say.

I hope you can keep this amazing work up for decades and never lose your edge unlike other big developers in the biz!
>>
Yes, they are quite hardcore sjws
>>
I ain't reading this shit, just gonna drop my pasta.

>MMO level scaling
>impossible not to get overpowered around level 20 unless you fully ignore perks, mutagens, gear, signs and runes
>piss easy even on Death March due to how predictable and limited enemy movesets are
>lvl 6 drowners and nekkers hit harder than lvl 25 cyclopses and in groups pose more threat than any large monster 10 levels higher than you
>quests rely on rule of three so much you might thing the game was made by Ubisoft
>helped Scoia'tael in TW2? Too bad, no Iorveth or Saskia for you, now Roche is your best friend
>let major character die? Whatever, even if they live they're out of the picture for the rest of the game anyway
>Eredin has less dialogue than that big bad dragon from Skyrim, you get fuck all motivation to pursue Wild Hunt other than "gotta protect muh daughter" if you haven't read source material
>Radovid turned into edgy saturday morning cartoon villain because the game needed an excuse for Dijkstra's plotline, I guess?
>crafting completely useless outside witcher gear
>want to jump or climb to progress when there's some harpy flying about and won't get close to you? Too bad!
>enemy reskins are just that, reskins. it doesn't matter how drowner, water hag or siren is called, they have the exact same abilities
>3 games in, quest fights still start in the middle of combat with fade-out-of-black screen that prevents certain inputs
>3 games in, sound mixing is still horrible, some scenes are as comical as Deadly Premonition
>30FPS prerendered (rendered on consoles settings, no less) cutscenes for most basic scenes
>why is underwater """combat""" even a thing?
>Skellige breaks story pacing, recommended for lvl16 for some reason
>Places of dohvakiin power
>post Kaer Morhen defense content is rushed as fuck
>ending epilogue only touches Temeria as a whole, Ciri, Geralt and his love interest, nothing more
HoS was great, though.
>>
I agree. It genuinely feels like CDPR is the last AAA dev who cares about the quality of their games and that want to put their best product out there. I just hope they don't let their vision for Cyberpunk 2077 to be held back by consoles.
>>
>>387911869
inferior compaired to the previous 2 games, yet miles ahead of any western open world rpg to date. I just hope they dont stick to the open world shit and focus on the worldbuilding and writing that made the witcher games so great.
>>
>date simulator

dude yennefer lmao
>>
They had to spend a lot of time without proper tools at the start of w3 developement.
For cp77 they have them all ready to go with people trained in how to use the tools, so they'll implement more, better quality content in a shorter timespan.
>>
>>387911869
So how did they find the budget for Witcher 3?
>>
>>387916091
How they did it?
>>
>>387915943

Yeah, TW3 actually had a lot of problems during its development,(then again all CDPR games have) so its a wonder it came out as good as it did.

I'm excited to see what they do with Cyberpunk now that they have some growing pains out of the way, but knowing them they will still push for ridiculous shit and end up barely making it at the end.

Which I'm fine with, this keeps their games good.
>>
>>387916937
Cyberpunk is fake
>>
>>387917503

All video games are fake.
>>
File: antifactual action.jpg (40KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
antifactual action.jpg
40KB, 592x592px
>>387911869
kill yourself shill rat
>>
File: 1492563358968.jpg (129KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1492563358968.jpg
129KB, 567x567px
Anyone else kinda like TW2 more than 3? Don't get me wrong, 3 is an amazing game but 2 felt more mature and serious.
>>
>>387919540
just you.
>>
>>387919540
W2 was more mature and serious, but it wasnt a better game by any metric.
>>
>>387919540
TW1 > TW3 > TW2
>>
>>387919540
I do. For me the witcher was always about story/atmosphere since the gameplay was always borderline.
>>
>>387911869
Of course it will get worse. CDPR now has ~600 employees. They started hiring SHITLOADS of foreigners after Witcher 3. The company culture obviously starts dissipating, and with less polish people in lead positions, you can't really expect a lot of the country's influence in the final game.

CDPR had a good run though, it's the memories that count. I expect everything from now on to go downhill though, kinda like BioWare.
>>
>>387919540
TW2 didn't have Ciri so it loses by default

i did really enjoy it. Flotsam Aedirn/Kedwen camp and Loc Muine were all good
>>
>>387919751
>w3 world created by a pole, set in fantasy medieval europe
>cyberpunk 77 world created by an american black guy, set in an american city thats set in the west coast.

Of course its not going to have as much polish influence.
>>
>>387917503
>>387917713
How can eyes be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
>>387919540
I didn't like the heavy political plot to be honest, I prefer smaller scale, personal stories.

Which is why I liked a lot of the sidequest in TW3.
>>
>>387913645
this. it was a pretty gud open world game but much like botw was made worse by going to the full blownsies open world formula.
>>
>>387922271

This meme has to stop.
>>
>>387911869
How can a real human look better than a computer generated woman? Is it time to give up 2D?
>>
>>387922357
indeed anon we have to stop the open world meme.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.