[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make a new sonic game >75% of the levels are from old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5292.png (1MB, 1002x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5292.png
1MB, 1002x1125px
>make a new sonic game
>75% of the levels are from old sonic games
defend this
>>
because the levels are now better than the original

except lava reef, only one that feels like a slog to get through
especially as knuckles
>>
Just assumed it was low budget since OG sonic team is up its own ass.
>>
DRONT GRO TROO FAAL CHLISTIAN WHAITUPIGGU!
>>
we should be mad about the poor optimization. in what world does a genesis rehash need 2gbs of ram.
>>
>>387909104
what world do we live in where someone doesn't have at least 8 gb minimum of ram?
>>
File: 1500648128105.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500648128105.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>all the "old" levels have new layouts music and gimmicks
>new bosses
>new stages are some of the best in the entire series
>fun special stage
>hard and rewarding bonus stage
>unlockable mechanics and modes
>not full price at 20

There you go, defended
>>
>>387908915
Lava Reef is one of the better remakes. Hydrocity however is the real slog. What were they THINKING???
>>
>>387909260
>he didn't take the top route
>>
>>387909216
Same astethic, same music, same level gimmicks. Disappointing.
>>
>>387909174
Third world countries like canada and europe lack standards.
>>
>>387909174
thats not the issue. i have 32gbs of ram. just because you exceed the reqs doesnt mean the devs get a pass fot shit optimization.
>>
>>387909331
Every time you try to take the top route in act 1 it Sonic Forces you back down into the water every time.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
>>387908824
After a bit of trouble with my eshop account I'm finally playing this on the Switch.

This sharp CRT filter is surprisingly nice.
>>
>>387908824
>75% of the levels are from old sonic games
what you neglect to say though is they are all heavily altered.
>>
>>387909648
Oh, and Switch screenshots apparently compress the fuck out of everything so the capture doesn't really help in seeing it. But at least Sonic is doing a funny pose, these animations are purty.
>>
>People want old Sonic
>Give them old Sonic
I see no problems here.
>>
>>387909745
see >>387909381
>>
I've never owned a sonic game before so it was all new to me except green hill zone.
I will probably never touch the game again after collecting all emeralds and beating the secret boss, no idea why people say it has replayability.
>>
>>387909216
>unlockable mechanics
Yeah... In no save mode.. wtf is that about. Not sure why I would want to play no save mode just for abilities
>>
>>387909331
>end of the act is still an extended bubble riding section
>>
>>387910097
Once you've unlocked the abilities why bother using them in save mode? There's literally no difference in playing saved with abilities or no save with abilities
>>
>>387909381
>same level gimmicks
Yeah. because Chemical plant zone had bouncy slime and a puyo puyo in sonic 2.

Shut the fuck up, you haven't played the game.
>>
>>387910842
?????

I have them all, including sonic mania, and on real hardware too
>>
>>387910956
sure you do.
If you did then you would know that every returning stage is different with different gimmicks added to them.
Old stages are like 30% old 70% new.
>>
>>387911090
Feel free to disbelieve me anon, it literally makes no difference. In all honesty the levels are pretty different, but I think that everything should be if it's a new game. The same old zones with the same old look and music
>>
>>387910096
>no idea why people say it has replayability.
It's mostly about seeing what kinds of alternate routes you can take through the stages, and how some item pickups and special stage rings are hidden in creative ways. Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) is fun to replay once in a while because there's just so many different pathways through the levels, and Mania seems to be taking pages out of that game's design. Some people also like doing Time Attack, though that's more a separate mode rather than a point for the main game's replayability... unless we're talking single segment speedruns or something, and as we all know speedrunning is for nutcases only.
>>
>>387908824
they fixed all of them, that's why

even Chemical Plant Zone is decent now, which was, by far, one of the worst zones back in the day
>>
>>387908824
The zones are the same. The levels are different.
The zones in sonic universe are huge.
>>
>>387911407
>even Chemical Plant Zone is decent now

https://twitter.com/Seeske40/status/899517668079915008
>>
>>387908824
Originally there were only going to be a few levels that were completely new. Iizuka said that fans wouldn't buy it if it was too short and so convinced them to use old levels, redone.
>>
>>387912016
Note that this is the same man that keeps forcing the wisps in every game.
Fuck this guy.
>>
>>387912016
source
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.