[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fighting a tough battle >almost dead (1 heart left) LOL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 30

File: dubious-food-zelda-botw.jpg (398KB, 1250x765px) Image search: [Google]
dubious-food-zelda-botw.jpg
398KB, 1250x765px
>Fighting a tough battle
>almost dead (1 heart left)
LOL HANG ON LET ME EAT SOME FOOD
>pause MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH
>continued cheesing.

Also:

Oh no I died!
>Mipha's grace
>Faeries in inventory

does the game ever get hard?
>>
File: 1496363174298.jpg (106KB, 958x850px) Image search: [Google]
1496363174298.jpg
106KB, 958x850px
>he did Zora's Domain beast first
>he didn't map the entire world before tackling the Ancient Beasts
>he didn't try beating Ganon before finishing Ancient Beasts
>>
I hard mode out yet? Is that good?
When I eventually play the game, what is the most optimal way to play it? Like self-imposed challenges and whatnot.
>>
>>387908925
Don't climb and don't use fast travel
It makes the open world much more enjoyable
I missed a shrine and fell on the sea, then I stranded into a shore and discovered sidequest that way
It really felt differebt
>>
>>387908582
>does the game ever get hard?
It gets easier the more you play.
>>
>>387908582
Just do a three hearts run breh

>>387908761
>he didn't try beating Ganon before finishing Ancient Beasts
Is that possible in a "canon" way? Or is it mandatory to climb huge pillars
>>
>>387908925
>I hard mode out yet?
Yes
>Is that good?
I like it. You play it very differently from the base game. Less focus on fighting, more on sneaking. Enemies are much tougher but you have to decide if their weapons are worth the fight.
If you want some self-imposed challenges, don't upgrade your gear, don't catch fairies, don't hand in your shrines rewards... I think the game does a fairly decent job at balancing content but there's so much of it, eventually, you're going to run into an area intended for lower levels.
>>
File: 35533.jpg (376KB, 2817x2465px) Image search: [Google]
35533.jpg
376KB, 2817x2465px
>>387908582
So, exactly like Dragon's Dogma which you retards cream your pants over without ever criticizing it?

Cool.
>>
>>387909279
You can go kill Ganon whenever. It's just harder.
>>
>>387908761
Sounds like playing the game the most anticlimatic way possible.
>>
>>387908582
>Ocarina of Time lets you carry up to 4 bottled fairies that fully heal you upon death
>easily refilled from tons of accessible fountains
>TP has potions that fully heal you and cost a paltry sum considering how many rupees the game throws at you
>SS allows you to craft potions that fully heal you, can be used multiple times, repair and reinforce your shield, enhance your stamina, etc
>all of the drinking/eating animations for these pause the in-game action to execute and can't be interrupted
>your fucking post

Is this stupid? Yes. Is it different than what Zelda's been doing for decades? No. If you weren't a dumbshit you'd know what you're getting into.
>>
>>387908582
So this is the darksoul audience?
>>
>>387909519
SS doesn't pause the game when you drink, a feature I wish they kept for BOTW
>>
File: 1486043121066.png (7KB, 615x187px) Image search: [Google]
1486043121066.png
7KB, 615x187px
>>387909519
How does that make it acceptable?
>>
>>387909279
>Is that possible in a "canon" way?
There's no "canon" anything in BotW. And yes, it's fully doable; I tried it, got him down to < 50% HP, but then I ran out of weapons and items. Partly thanks to still being a lesser plebeian with the game's functions (and lacking upgraded Sheika Stone), partly because of the extra boss-rush playing like that adds to the fight, partly because I was still literally carrying rusted weapons as my shittiest backups.

>>387909492
Anticlimatic?
More like THE most badass and memorable way possible! Hell, I didn't even see a single other living NPC or a piece of Rupee in the game before some good 20 hours into it! Fuck Kakariko, I went straight to Gerudo Valley first.
>>
>>387909959
But how do you get to Ganon's crib? You just walk up there?
>>
>>387909391
Wouldn't be surprised if a large amount of people use mage pawns for healing like retards.
>>
>>387908582
>Not being creative enough to enjoy BOTW
Brainlets. Not even once.
>>
>>387910145
You can walk, climb, sneak, swim & use Cryo on water, etc. There's tons of routes to the Sanctum, and I actually first MISSED the entrance and climbed to the very top of the central tower. Where I found a Korok, surprise surprise..

It's even easier if you got some high-end stamina, HP and stealth foods and elixirs cooked up.
>>
>>387909735
It doesn't, but OP's sitting here going "OH WOW MAN THE HEALING ITEMS ARE TOTALLY BUSTED THIS GAME'S SO EASY" when that's been the case in every fucking Zelda for the past 20 years.
>>
>tfw you missed out on the game because you went from place to place climbing mountains instead of exploring the field.
>>
>>387908761

For a game touted to have so much player freedom, you guys sure have a specific way of playing it in order for it to actually be interesting.
>>
>>387911389
Way to move the goal posts there.
Yes, the game has tons of freedom. To the point of making people feel overwhelmed by it.

It's your own fault if you succumb to following the only given pointers the game has and not experimenting and exploring on your own.
>>
>>387910145
There are speed runs of people beating ganon in under an hour of game time
>>
>>387910751
Are you saying Zelda has never been good?
>>
>>387908582

>Ocarina of time and Majora's mask
>drinking a potion / milk pauses the whole game while you chug

Are you fucking retarded? This isn't new at all.
>>
>>387911523

>Yes, the game has tons of freedom. To the point of making people feel overwhelmed by it.

Freedom to do the same thing you've been doing, only with a different backdrop? Too bad no one can discuss the game's "things to do" because the game is fluff incarnate and you've done everything you could possibly do in terms of variety in the first 10 hours. You should go back to lozg and just post about which animal you'd want to fuck, because that's the only thing it has going for it.
>>
>>387908582
>nintendo
>hard
>>
>>387911706
No, he's saying it's always been easy unless you self-impose challenge.
>>
>>387911840
>Too bad no one can discuss the game's "things to do" because the game is fluff incarnate and you've done everything you could possibly do in terms of variety in the first 10 hours
Nope. It's just that people tend to want to avoid naming too many specifics just so that people who have yet to play the game would not get too many pointers and their own adventure spoiled.

I've clocked well over 200 hours to BotW, beaten Ganon twice, and I'm still learning new things almost daily. It's always a joy and wonder to see how drastically differently other people play this game.
>>
>>387912036
"No challenge" is the same thing as "bad" in a game with such bland writing.
>>
>>387911706
If that's your definition of what makes a game good, then yeah, it's not. But with the exception of maybe Zelda 1 and 2, it's never tried to be a hard game, and it doesn't need to be hard to be good in the first place.
>>
>>387912114

>It's always a joy and wonder to see how drastically differently other people play this game.
>get every single tool immediately
>variety

The only variety the game is in how you deal with Divine Beasts and your first interaction with heat/cold environments. Everything after that is spinning the square peg before inserting it again.
>>
>>387912264
There isn't no challenge, just that it's easy unless you avoid fairies/food items.
>>
>>387910751
The difference is previous zelda games didn't let you carry fifty full heal +4s
>>
>>387908582
the difficulty drops off the moment you realize that the cooking system isn't really much of a system at all and there's no reason to do anything except one durian
>>
>>387908761
I want to kiss Kass' beak.
>>
>>387912663
Previous Zelda games also didn't have enemies that routinely take half your health bar in a single hit.
>>
>>387912487
You love to diminish this game, don't you?

No mate, the way people use those tools, the order they discover places and features and the way they react to all these things can greatly vary from person to person. I had a unique chance to get to see another person play BotW from start to finish, right after my own playthrough, and our experiences could not have been further apart from each other.

The way how we fought, what weapons we preferred, what areas we explored first and how, what kind of Shrines we located and how we solved them, what and how much we cooked, what clothing we prioritized and upgraded... tons of variety there alone. Not to mention how she spend a lot of time taming horses and stuff, while I was happy with my one and only white stallion.
>>
>>387912949

>more spinning
>>
The game is fun, I just wish they did some things better
>Can't eat in combat
>Actual fishing
>minigames to increase things like arrows carried
>bottles so you have a way to heal in combat

Even mastermode is easy, by the time I played it I knew exactly what to do
>Go get stealth armor
>collect fairies, if I use them just teleport back to fountain
>run around collecting every thing
>Wait until I have mastersword till I try actively fighting shit
>Throw mastersword away because all my other weps are above 60 attack
>Use two-handed spin attack do demolish every thing

Mastermode is actually easier now since every monster shits literal diamonds now.
Although I have not done the EX trials, it takes every thing away so it should be an actual challenge
>>
>Still no armor that increases movement speed at all times
I don't care if it gave 0 defense this is bull
>>
>>387913553
What's wrong with using food/elixirs for speed up?
>>
>>387913459

Its a challenge but its lazy as fuck DLC. I can see the interns just placing enemy spawns in a tiny map and just calling it a day. They probably made the thing in a day. I regret paying for the season pass.
>>
>Do the Gerudo Divine Beast first
>Game is cakewalk because URBOSA'S FURY IS READY
>>
>>387908761
>try
>>
>>387913459
>Actual fishing
I don't get why so many people ask for this when fishing minigames are so slow and boring, I actually like how much quicker and more convenient the "fishing" of botw is (just dive in and grab them, or bomb them, or spear them), it's more interactive and involved than just sitting there waiting for a fishing rod to twitch.
>>
>>387909391
but i like both games...
>>
>>387913670
Because haste is the only thing I would use at all times and it would be nice if there was an armor with it
>>
the only thing that bummed me out so far is that there's no underwater.
I keep wanting do dive while swimming, or use iron boots to check out the bottom of a lake or something but they didn't want to do that for some reason.

I don't know if it's because they just didn't have time or because they keep getting negative meme feedback about water temples
>>
>>387913975
because its comfy
>>
>>387909391

>/v/ is one person
>semi-niche game warrants a comparison to 10/10 CITIZEN KANE PART 3324 BOOGALOO

Fucking hell, anon, use your brain next time.
>>
>>387913838
This
When I did mastermode I just rushed the camel and bird divine beast for the utility.
>>
all they had to do with master mode was put a cap on food you can carry, and make it so you can't eat ingredients
>>
Just left Kakairo village

How do I increase my weapon inventory number?
>>
>>387914532

Trade korok seeds to that fat fuck whose name I forget.
>>
>>387913975

Considering how 'nothing' the game is as a whole, what's the issue with a 'nothing' minigame. This was the perfect game to have fishing sidequests and fishing progression, maybe even fish up a shrine.
>>
>playing Resident Evil
>red health, zombie about to kill me
>LOL hang on, gonna pause and eat some herbs, back to full health xD
Epic thread OP
>>
>>387914225

I don't get the flak they get for their water levels, I did water temple when I was a kid no problem, I had more issues in the shadow temple. People just have crap spatial awareness
The slow ass swimming even with full zora armor is just crap

Wish it had something like MM swimming
>>
>>387908582
It's a Zelda game not meme souls you joyless cocksucker.
>>
>>387912487
You speak as if reading the reading the strategy guide and wondering why there is no sense of wonder or excitement to playing the game.
>>
>grind healing items
>be surprised when they keep you alive
Woah.....
If only there was an option to not abuse food and cooking...
>>
>>387912949
Oh WOW going to death mountain first is SO UNIQUE. What kind of shrines you locate? You stupid fuck, anyone playing the game is going to go for most of them. Finding them in a different order is hardly exciting.

You sound like an easily amused stupid fuck and i actually fucking hate you
>>
>>387914685
it was poor execution (constant menu use for iron boots, slow as fuck swimming, constant ocarina use) being misunderstood as a poor concept.
In botw the only possible excuse i could think of is maybe they wanted to shill the rafts/korok leaves and actually competent swimming/diving would trivialize it?

Still, zoras domain should have been underwater, at least partly
>>
>>387913975
For me I don't want to jump into the river from a high bridge and try to swim after some of those fish. Would rather just cast a line and pull them up.
>>
>>387914781

A strategy guide would be needed if there was actual item progression, actual dungeons, and actual story progression, anon. The game is meaningless choices stacked upon each other, you can spin it however you want.
>>
>>387914228
Uh, I guess so.
>>387914570
>Considering how 'nothing' the game is as a whole,
Nice meme
>>
>>387908761
deluded droid on damage control for his 7/10 title
>>
>>387914965
seeing someone this mad is pretty amusing
>>
>>387914958

Holy shit this. You could only carry a max of 4 healing items in old zelda games. There really should have been a serious limit on the health replenishment items or make food rot over time.
>>
>>387914781
MUH SENSE OF WONDER. What are you 6 years old? There's nothing in this game we haven't seen hundreds of times before
>>
>>387914965
Not him but you sound like a /v/ " stop having fun" person ATM.
>>
>>387914482
how exactly is cheesing possible on PC, but not console?
>>
>>387915072
well, no. WW still had a strategy guide for island locations, the meaningless puzzles and fetchquests, etc. Even remove the dungeons and it's still pretty hefty, I actually still have mine.
>>
>>387915176
FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKK YYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU.

But srsly the game is overrated as fuck. As a long time Zelda fan I'm disappointed they went for the boring open world meme.

But hey, people seem entertained but rehashed content. Look how long the ass creeds have been going for
>>
File: 1439583063865.gif (404KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1439583063865.gif
404KB, 200x200px
>>387909123
>don't climb
>>
>>387915350
As a longtime fan of your post i have to say wow i'm disappointed. Any other longtime fans of this anon's post feel this way?
>>
File: 1486132891111.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486132891111.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>387915350
>rehashed content

this game literally has done MULTIPLE firsts not only for the genre but gaming in general.

stop trying to fit in so hard, BoTW was a fine game.
>>
>>387915308

>island locations

Come over to this amazing island where you get 1-2 fish, a treasure chest with a semi-shit weapon, and maybe an octorock? Or do you mean shrine island.
>>
>>387914965
>I didn't even read lol!
there's so many ways you can solve the Shrines alone (not to mention literally get stuck in them) that there's a ton of variation.

The order and time of doing anything in BotW can greatly alter the overall experience of the player.

>>387915130
it's a pure 10/10, but kids these days can't play it because it's 2hard4them.
>>
>>387915369
Honestly the climbing breaks the game and not in a good way. There's no real level design because you can just climb over everything. Think of Zora's domain, one of the highlights makes you go along a linear path battling enemies along the way and trying your best to survive. Everywhere else is just boring enemy camps, towers you can literally cheese by climbing a hill next to them and empty areas
>>
>>387915260
Didn't say it wasn't possible, just takes forever to use items on consoles for various reasons, so you only really use items to get your max HP back and don't usually bring thousands of nuts with you unless you have the patience of a saint.
>>
>>387915719
no, every island. The whole game was made up of islands, one on every grid. 49 total, i think?
>>
>>387915072
Not to be splitting hairs here but the game has all of these items ( if I do remember it does have a guide to illustrate these things ). Hmm interesting point on meaning choices stacked on top of each other. Not sure if I agree but I understand the observation. I played this game with the wife and kid ( 7 year old daughter ) and we spent most of our time just exploring the world. The kid just wanted to see what was around every hill and vally. We tend to do say walks in the woods and small hikes so these meaningless tasks ( actions in BOTW) really is the source of enjoyment for us while playing.
>>
>>387908582

>Fighting a tough battle

these two phrases contradict each other anon
>>
>>387915629
Like what? The elements engine or whatever they call it? I guess it's kinda cool but they don't do anything interesting with it
>>
>>387915629
It was indeed a fine game, but what firsts for gaming as a whole are you referring to?
>>
>>387915732

>it's a pure 10/10, but kids these days can't play it because it's 2hard4them
>picking a direction and just exploring is hard when food/weapons rain on you

Christ, you would have exploded at any of OoT's dungeons.

>>387915950

The only unique interaction I can think of is lightning/metal, which hasn't been done by most games in recent memory. Everything else is open world memes, in the case of element damage its just glorified environmental damage.
>>
>>387915197
I don't think you understood what I was getting at. The person speaks as if they know everything about the game before he plays it. This removes the sense of wonder and any excitement for any game. Content wise I agree we are seeing anything " new" but you can't be serious be thinking having a shit attitude will lead to any enjoyment of any game.
>>
>>387915732
Yeah abusing physics glitches. Who the fucks gonna do that apart from people copying the YouTube videos?

And how is the overall experience altered? You're just doing the same fucking content in a different order. You're still fighting the same levelled enemies no matter where you are.
>>
>>387915870

>item progression

No.

>story progression

The story is a set of individual bites realized by memories and even so, not purely mandatory. You know everything you need to know by the first 5 hours and everything else is flavor.

>actual dungeons

Taken literally, yes there are dungeons. But no they aren't "actual" dungeons. Not only that, they have the same aesthetic theme and Hyrule Castle is the only one that realizes the dungeon feeling but its comparatively short especially if you climb. Shrines are not dungeons.
>>
>>387916284
>You're just doing the same fucking content
yeah, where's the level where you have to drive a car or play puyo pop. This game is boring.
>>
>>387915732
>it's a pure 10/10, but kids these days can't play it because it's 2hard4them.
no it's not. Stop lying. Played it on my pc in 4k with smooth 30fps with my 360 controller, so literally the best way to experience this game, and it's still a 7/10. There is no way in hell that this game is even remotely close to anything spectacular, once the gimmicks ware off pass the fist few hours, very few things are keeping this game together.
>>
>>387915782
The focus of BOTW is exploration which is greatly enhanced by the ability to climb nearly anything you stupid faggot. Combat is not the games strong suit and isnt what you should focus on. Taking climbing out of the game would only make it significantly worse. You have some incredible shit taste there my man. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>387908582
True, a lot of games start out hard and get easy, but this one starts hard and then you never die ever again. Dying really has no consiquence though so what does it matter. Wasting resources is whats is the problem
>>
>>387908582
Only if you do a three heart Ganon run.
>muh hard mode
Damage sponges aren't hard, they're tedious.
>>
>>387916235
But you see pretty much all the game has to offer within ten or 15 hours. Yeah there's additional shrines and korok seeds you haven't found but morons going on about how they're still finding new shit 200 hours in. And it's normally something stupid and uninteresting like a korok puzzle they haven't seen before
>>
>>387916573
Forgive me if I sound like a pleb. I think we differ on definitions of these things but I kninda what to understand your side of this.

For item progression, can you provide me with an example of what BOTW should have done?

Need not provide one for story but I would like some thresholds for what constitutes a "dungeon " for a Zelda game.

Not calling you a goal post mover. Just want to understand where your getting at. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>387916604
Oh fuck off. There's no interesting quests or anything. For a game about adventuring you do a fuck ton of wandering aimlessly around
>>
>>387908582
>does it ever become anything but ultra simplistic shit that even a small child could beat

This is a Nintendo game you're talking about here.
>>
>>387908761
>he purposely left things undone on a map part before moving on to the next
this is how I know you're the true pleb
>>
>>387912949
I like the game but you really are making it out to be more than it is. The play cycle is just
>see orange
>figure out how to make it blue
Which mostly involved running over a the map, avoiding enemies, and climbing shit
And maybe along the way you'll find one of the major villages that give you quests with literal marks on your map telling you exactly where to go and what to do. It's not that deep.

>the way they react to all these things
>The way how we fought, what weapons we preferred, what areas we explored first and how
All of this shit can be applied to any other adventure game. You could easily just be talking about dragon's dogma
>>
>>387916760
Fuck you you cunt. Exploration in a shit environment with nothing interesting to discover. Look at new Vegas. That had tons of worthwhile quests, unique loot and other shit to find. What does BotW have? Korok seeds and instanced shrines that could literally be dragged and dropped anywhere
>>
>>387917405
>Nothing interesting to discover
Guess you never played the game then you miserable twat. Why dont you fuck off if youre so dead set on hating a game you never played before? /v/ is already enough of a shithole with you stupid niggers running around shitposting.
>>
>>387908582
>hard

It's a fucking game for LITERAL children. What, you think Nintendo would make it difficult to the point it where little Billy will drop the game and not buy the next one?
>>
>>387916992
I think you are right that most of the games main content can be experienced in about 15 hours. Just like skyrim. I have no interest in finding all the seeds. I may do all the shrines.

I guess my point is that one could be very bored with this game as it doesn't shoe horn you into doing anything. Which has this feel of besides killing Gannon and maybe getting the master sword. Nothing really matters and it doesn't really affect the end game. This I would say if a fair point. I would caution Implying everyone is out to complete or experience the game in the same manner.

tldr
This game doesn't provide much direction and for some players the can feel very boring
>>
>>387917568
>replying to shitposters
>>
>>387917405
I dont understand your logic. You think the game would be better if you dont explore when 90% of the game is exploring? Because if you dont climb in BOTW youre cutting yourself off from most of the game. Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1323068959665.png (268KB, 472x358px) Image search: [Google]
1323068959665.png
268KB, 472x358px
I just finished the game yesterday (the primary story that is). It annoyed me that none of the bosses are particularly challenging in the slightest. I had more trouble with the big walking guardians, until I realized you can trivialize those fights with the weapons you get from the small and easy guardians.

Speaking of the big walking guardians, something about the way they were designed gives me the impression that the developers intended for you to avoid them without guardian weapons. Like they weren't designed with the intent to have you fight them without said weapons, even though they made it totally possible. I'd like to complain about their sight distance and amazing accuracy but those are the only things that really make them challenging at all. I feel like there's a better way.
>>
>>387916760

That's wrong though. Climbing everywhere means several things, that is:

1. Developers can put anything anywhere and they did, as evidenced with the korok seed placements
2. This is lazy design as instead of designing locations where the developers take into account the feelings of say ascending a long staircase into the very tip of a mountain, everything in the open world can be condensed into Climb up/Paraglide down. There's no sense of danger or majesty in the open world, rolling hills and towering mountains and steep drops is just terrain that you can shit on by climbing all over it.

3. Developers don't let you climb anywhere not because they can't, but because giving the player too much freedom breaks what they want you to experience directly. People think that this is some kind of innovative game design when its the laziest possible thing. Because you can climb everywhere, the open world is a theme park in the purest sense.

4. Climbing lacks any sort of meaningful interaction between the player and the character. Link, being the steel fingered supertwink that he is, is capable of latching onto any surface besides shrine surfaces. But that's all you do, you run to a wall and latch on like some human spiderman, there's no thought put into animation or grip (besides rain). Compare that with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_Dx8xWXis

Where not only are animations varied and interesting, but there is still player agency in seeing the quickest ways of ascending. Trees with branches in a certain direction, cracks in the mountain surface. A good player will see these patterns quicker and make climbing more of an active flow rather than BotW's passivity.
>>
>>387917568
Maybe I'm just not as easily impressed as you you fuck. Oh cool a dragon. Oh it's a glorified fucking loot dispenser. Oh look a town. Filled with people offering shitty fetch quests, a shrine nearby for a warp spot and shops that sell fuck all useful. Oh an awesome ruin. Oh there's a fucking shrine inside.
>>
Zelda hasn't been hard since Zelda 2
>>
>>387917989
>Citing ass creed as a good example of anything
LMAO opinions discarded. Youre a retarded shitposter. I thought you were serious for a second.
>>
>>387917989
that stupid video shows how ac3 allows you to go were the game allows you to go, while in zelda you can literally go anywhere
>>
>>387917989
Wow. How can someone have taste THIS shit? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>387918014
you sound like a jaded fuck who should just go outside and stop playing video games then
>>
>>387918324
At least it has some interesting climbing challenges in the catacombs and some of the massive buildings. BotW you literally push up and wait, inhaling stamina food when necessary
>>
>>387918014
Stop pretending like you actually played the game. Youre not fooling anyone shitposter.
>>
File: 1502388660334.png (546KB, 726x528px) Image search: [Google]
1502388660334.png
546KB, 726x528px
>>387917989
>this entire post
>>
>>387918548
Can you cherrypick harder please? Its amusing.
>>
>>387918502
AHAHAHAHA. I'm playing actual fun games.
>>
>>387917989
this is literally nintenbros first open world game. let them enjoy their theme park trash like we did 20 years ago.
>>
>>387918324

A good movement system, I don't know why you're shitting on a game that's functionally similar to the one you're hellbent on defending though.

>>387918361

The game wants you to climb cliffs and builds the trees and cracks towards that goal. That's actual good design, as opposed to BotW where you can just climb it because the game has no actual thought put into it.

>>387918586

>green text and no argument

The standard BotW drone defense with confronted.
>>
>>387918552
HURR You can't rebuke my arguments so you just say I haven't played the game? Lmao
>>
>>387918682
like...?
>>
>>387915629
>this game literally has done MULTIPLE firsts not only for the genre but NINTENDO in general.
ftfy
>>
>>387918643

Sorry, you can also leap up with the last bit of stamina. That's Advanced climbing in the realm of BotW. Much interactivity, many gameplay.
>>
File: 1455855329129.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455855329129.png
230KB, 640x360px
>>387918686
>player can only climb where you explicitly put climbing support
>requires you to make obviously set up paths that look and feel artificial
>this is actual good design
>>
>>387916760
>combat sucks
>exploration yields nothing
>horses are useless
>armor breaks combat completely
>there's no story
>there's no fun towns

BOTW fails at every single aspect. it's game that has no point.
>>
>>387917989
I love how you made this long well thought out post full of actual points that you expanded on to explain exactly why you hold your opinion, but then all the responses are just like
>omg are you serious like really?
>>
>>387918959
New Vegas and REmake at the moment
>>
>>387919051
I love how you samefag
>>
>>387919008
>player can climb anywhere because devs are making an indie tier open world game
>requires them to do no actual work because lolucangoanywhere
>nintenbros think this is revolutionary design 11/10 gotyay
>>
>>387919148
k
>>
>>387908582
>Complain about game being too easy when you can:

Turn off Mipha's grace
Don't catch any faeries
>>
>>387919238
I love how you inspect element
>>
>>387919051
Because /v/ is full of fucking morons that start crying when their favourite games flaws are brought up
>>
No, it doesn't get hard, guardians get trivialized once you get the hang of the shield parry and with the master sword they die in 10 hits or so, the game was a nice experience but not a 10/10 game
>>
>>387919285
Yes I did all that trouble in literally 60 seconds
>>
>>387919273
>complain about the game when you can

play with your toes
burn your eyes out with hot pokers
>>
File: 1501814346588.png (256KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1501814346588.png
256KB, 555x555px
>>387919382
i laughed out loud at that
>>
File: 1460950578387.jpg (51KB, 555x344px) Image search: [Google]
1460950578387.jpg
51KB, 555x344px
>>387919373
>inspect element
>all that trouble
>>
>>387919008

>Devs set all collision walls to Climbable = 0 to Climbable = 1
>design

>Devs create a movement and climbing system that makes sense and doesn't have the character just dry humping a wall until they shuffle to the top
>create spectacles like waterfalls where the character has to jump around, cliffsides that make sense
>the end result is that you feel like you actually accomplished something that took effort and time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF6mGshfG7o

No one is saying Ass3 is a perfect game, its more that I'm tired of people saying that climbing everywhere is good.
>>
>>387909123
I literally cannot progress out of the first 5 minutes without climbing so goodluck
>>
See it takes a little longer than 55 seconds to do this
>>
>>387919545
Don't bother. These mindless nintenbros don't understand having restrictions on climbing actually improves and makes it more interesting.
>>
File: 1502931403599.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1502931403599.png
56KB, 491x585px
>>387919789
>I waited to post this to falsely prove my point
>>
>>387917042
He never replied. Oh well
>>
>>387917989
You're rambling about issues that botw doesn't even have. Yes, the player may be able to climb nearly anywhere, but it's not without its controlled limitators - like malice, slippery surfaces (i.e. rainfall), overhangs, etc. and the game uses these as a means of level design for the player. Also, you have limited stamina that you have to workaround (especially in the early-game), but luckily the game is designed around this, with alternative routes/methods to traverse, and the designers typically used this to bring the player to certain areas over others since they're easier to reach. The reason other games don't feature open climbing isn't due to design choice but due to how they're coded - it's difficult to make tge act of climbing anywhere feel "right", which is why climbing is a more scripted thing in games like the AC you mentioned, since animating the player mesh and movements is a lot easier if it's more scripted that way. Climbing anywhere takes a lot more work as you'd need precise collision boxes on every bit of terrain and object, regardless of how tall or far away it is.
>>
>>387908582
>Don't pause to eat. Or better yet, don't even cook food or potions at all.
>Disable Mipha's Grace AND Daruk's Protection. >Don't keep fairies.

There ya go, bud. Very simple and easy ways to make the game harder that you should've been able to think up on your own had you not been blinded by your desire to shitpost.
>>
>>387920432
>90 percent of the game is doing shrines for orbs
>lol just don't use the orbs man
just an awfully designed game.
>>
>>387920432
Why don't people defend other games like this?

The Witcher 3 is the most hardcore game ever if you just don't use armor and only attack with your crossbow and don't press space bar. Also you can disable the map/minimap and don't use fast travel
>>
>>387920268

>The reason other games don't feature open climbing isn't due to design choice but due to how they're coded

Aesthetically, BotW has cartoon graphics so it makes more sense even though realistically its retarded that Link can just latch onto any surface, it doesn't look bad. For most other games, it does look bad which is why they don't do it. That's why they don't do it. Climbing everywhere would be perceived by most devs and just being lazy, not that its harder to script or anything. Create a generic climbing animation, apply climbable code to a collision wall that you want, that's it.

>you'd need precise collision boxes on every bit of terrain and object

They already do that for most terrains and objects in other games. If there wasn't, you'd be falling through the ground all the time.
>>
File: 1501793496700.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1501793496700.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>>387920432
>Don't play game!
There, I win.
>>
>>387920756
Where did he say not to use shrine orbs?>>387920878
TW3's combat system feels like ass in general imo
>>
Is there something saltier than Sony negroes?

Ever since Aloy was fucked in the ass by glorious hylian cock they've been on a shitposting frenzy. Good fuckign thing they are mostly irrelevant
>>
>>387920967
I highly doubt graphics are a reason other games didn't do open climbing, it wouldn't take much to make it more believable visually - just add some shape/bump-mapping to cliff textures and stuff.
>>
>>387920878
the dark souls mode of wither 3
>>
>>387921852
>I highly doubt graphics are a reason other games didn't do open climbing
I dunno, man. Have you seen Bethesda games? I bet that shit would look insanely silly in Fallout 4 or something.
>>
>>387919382
>>387921280
>>387920878
>>387920756
But you have to go out of your way to catch fairies and get the power ups.

Your logic is like putting the training mod and other ez mode mods on Dark Souls then complaining it's too easy.
>>
>>387922104
>But you have to go out of your way
i think "going out of your way" is what gameplay usually is.
>you have to go out of your way to do shrines >you have to go out of your way to do the 4 "dungeons"
what are you supposed to do, just go straight to gannon?
>>
>>387922034
>Bethesda
>good graphics
>or even good gameplay/a good engine
Funny joke anon
>>
>>387921852

>Indian Ezio runs to a flat building wall and starts shuffling up it like a shit spiderman
>the 4-5 redcoats chasing him also shuffle up like shit spidermen behind him

It would look shit.
>>
>>387922485
Not that anon but where the fuck are you pulling shrines from? Nobody mentioned skipping shrines except you. For that matter, why would you skip the divine beasts? You's simply disable the champion abilities, something you can do at any time in your inventory
>>
File: 1468803943195.gif (469KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1468803943195.gif
469KB, 300x225px
>>387922627
>Funny joke anon
I do try.
>>
>>387922745
Could blacklist buildings from being climbable (like BotW does for certain things) or put some material on their surface to make climbing more believable. Although tbqh I don't think most players would care.
>>
>>387915782
Says you, on my 2nd run I skipped all that by gliding straight to the domain. The anoyying zoras dont keep yelling at you since I skipped the path. Also prince had a unique dialog if yoy skip meeting him down river
>>
>>387922826
>You's simply disable the champion abilities
for that matter, why would you even do the dungeons? part of the fun of playing a game is being rewarded. if you're just going to strip all rewards for doing shit in the game what's the point of doing them?
>>
>>387923205
Not everyone does things just for a reward.
>>
>>387923161
>climbing doesn't break the game
>it let me skip one of the few decently made parts of the game
nice

>>387923285
yes. yes they do. the only viable argument here is that you could say the reward is the feeling of accomplishment from completing the game without using those abilities.
>>
Most fun I had was breaking the game
>Big ass mountain thats gonna be a pain to climb at 1 stam wheel
>Stasis tree and propel myself up
>cheese half of the puzzle dungeons
>>
>>387923205
There's plenty of rewards inside dungeons besides the champion abilities. Each beast has a large amount of treasure, even very rare items like giant guardian cores. Also, you get the reward of the beast attacking Ganon and not having to fight the blight in a boss-rush in hyrule castle.
>>
>>387922975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-m8v7RzN0

BotW only does it for shrines really. Link climbing flat surfaces with no holds at all is something else though. Fingers like a steel trap.
>>
File: Heh.jpg (39KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
Heh.jpg
39KB, 506x285px
>>387910357
I made my pawn a straight up amazon warrior.

Was always coming back as everyone made theirs a healer, so they wanted some melee which was greatly lacking. That and every single bitch was a loli, which my friend did as well, then they were bitching when my amazon was coming back with so much points and a shit ton of gifts.
>>
>>387923447
Not him but it is difficult to skip that, and like he said you get a special cutscene from it and a different experience from the standard way of reaching zora's domain.
>>
No, it actually gets easier.

The more the game goes on the easier it gets. You can kill most field bosses before they can even move after about 30 hours.
>>
File: 1503236984307.jpg (53KB, 634x604px) Image search: [Google]
1503236984307.jpg
53KB, 634x604px
>>387923447
>anon had fun on a second playthrough by travelling an unusual route
>this counts as a broken game
>>
>>387923725
>>387923698
sorry friends instead of quoting the other anons entire post to fully capture his point i just did the first bit. let me try again.

>There's no real level design because you can just climb over everything. Think of Zora's domain, one of the highlights makes you go along a linear path battling enemies along the way and trying your best to survive. Everywhere else is just boring enemy camps, towers you can literally cheese by climbing a hill next to them and empty areas
>lol i skipped one of the few deliberately designed parts of the game that ditched the you can go anywhere at anytime meme and all i got an alternate 3 lines of dialogue.
>>
>>387925330
>waaah options exist
>>
>>387925330
So open world is bad, linear corridors is good.
>>
>>387926427
>open world where you can go anywhere at anytime is bad
now you're starting to get it nintendofriend. to put it in nintenbro terms please explain to me how metroid games, which i guess you would call linear corridors, would be better if they started the open world, you can go anywhere anytime, meme and just gave samus a jet pack at the start of the game?
>>
>>387926938
more like:
You can either go through a zone fighting enemies and avoiding pits or whatever obstacles
OR
Just climb on top of the zone and drop back down at the end like a SMB1 cave level

What you don't like options?
>>
>>387926938
Explain to me why being able to do whatever you want however you want is bad.
>>
>>387927169
i like decently designed games with fanbases that don't treat the AMAZING CODE that allows you to CLIMB ANYTHING and GO ANYWHERE ANYTIME like it's some genius breakthrough. also smb1 didn't have a save system and it was a design choice to allow players familiar with the game to skip content they had presumably already beaten.

>>387927567
because it's just plain lazy, bethesda tier gameplay.
>>
>>387912663
Previous Zelda games had most enemies hitting for less than 1 heart and had hearts dropping like candy, plus chugging a potion paused time to drink it if you bothered grabbing one. Plus fairies.
>>
>>387913838
>playing with English VA's
That was your first mistake
>>
>>387927567
You can't do whatever you want because the only thing you can do is climb over shit. You can't put enemy encounters or cool obstacles or anything in the way because everything can just be avoided by climbing over something or running around it.
>>
>>387927772
Sounds like you're upset that people like BotW. It's okay, I get angry when people like what I hate, too.
>>
>>387927895
i get upset when any decent franchise gets memed on and faggots eat it up, cementing the fate that said franchise will only further get trashed because retards laud awful design choices. why would i not be upset?
>>
>>387928202
>4chan buzzwords and more "I hate things!"

It'll be okay, poopsie.
>>
>>387928426
>0 buzzwords
>babytalk insults
>greentext no argument reply
wew
>>
>>387928504
What's to argue against? You have your opinions and they won't change, so we can agree to disagree.
>>
>>387928202
>cementing the fate that said franchise will only further get trashed
Tell me Skyward Sword was better than BOTW
Fucking do it faggot, tell me Skyward Sword was better than BOTW so everyone can laugh at you
>>
>>387908582
It's clear to me that the game's menus were designed for the Wii U gamepad and had to be hurriedly changed to fit the Switch. And of course they had to change it for the Wii U too because otherwise it might look better than the Switch version and we can't have that.

Somewhere in Nintendo HQ there's a version of BotW with gamepad features where all that menu shit is done in real time.
>>
>>387917968
Well yeah one of the tips literally says the gurdians are ancient technology and should be avoided unless you have weapns of similar technology
>>
>>387929042
>/v/ ever thought skyward sword was gotyay
are you okay anon?
>>
>>387928843
>start argument
>get btfo and make 0 counterargument
>resort to babytalk insults
>w-w-what's there to argue anon pls stop
go back to red it if discussing video games with people who have a differing opinion is beyond your abilities. fucking even newfags will at least start liking their favorite e-celebs youtube videos that fed them their opinions so you can at least have a little fun.
>>
>>387920756
Didn't say anything about the orbs. I addressed complaints the TC has and told him a way around what he was having problems with.

>>387921280
None of those things are necessary to play the game. Not one of them. Besides, those are things the TC was whining about so take it up with him if you have issues. He doesn't want us to be able to heal while we fight, use Mipha's ability, or use fairies. I was just telling him that he doesn't have to use them if he doesn't want.
>>
>>387929589
>you're all the same person!

Let's not be ACfag here, child. And it is your opinion that having freedom in a game is shit, and you're welcome to it. I don't share that opinion.
>>
>>387920432
>this game mechanic is imbalanced
>J-JUST DON'T USE IT!

Every goddamn time. You're missing the fucking point. You're not saying anything profound, you're just blaming the player for the game's garbage design. The player being able to cripple themselves is not an excuse for developer incompetence.
>>
Because you can die easily in the game obviously should mock the game so my playthroughs are if you die have to start over. Also game's bugged that monsters don't kill npcs but they do kill Link, so after you run out of health, you should be able to wait it out until monsters leave and Link becomes conscious again.
>>
>ITT: people who enjoyed the game but don't want to admit it's good.

Face it: the game design has a lot more good than bad, people are enjoying it, and it set the stage for the next Zelda game to be even better.

It's essentially the OoT - MM progression
>>
>>387930505
You have a funny way of looking at mechanic balance. If a mechanic produces better results the more time and practice you put into it, is it broken?
>>
>202 replies

Jesus christ you people are so sensitive. This was incredibly shitty and cheap bait, but you fell for it
>>
>>387930483
>i'll reduce your entire argument and just say that you hate freedom in games to try and make it sound retarded
not so fast retard. if you can even try flexing your mental gymnastics and answer me here >>387926938 then i'll be satisfied.
>>
>>387930832
Wow that is some mental gymnastics. This isn't DMC or Bayonetta or some shit, it doesn't take any skill to go into a menu and eat food. Parries and flurry rushes are both very easy to pull off. The combat's skill ceiling is incredibly low. BotW's mechanics are just fundamentally broken because the developer couldn't be bothered to tweak them properly. It's not even some little exploit that they overlooked, it's multiple major mechanics.
>>
>>387930986
>waaaaaaah options exist
>>
>>387930592
>BOTW was the worst game I ever played! Open world is so broken and Zelda is shit now!
>criticises things that they can only know by having played the game for 50 hours, sometimes even 100+ hours
>>
>>387909391
>BOTH GAMES ARE SHIT SO THAT MAKES BOTW GOOD
>>
>>387930592
i really hope it takes an ac1, proof of concept game, to an ac2 ,fully fleshed out game, sort of leap in gameplay. if anyone will do something fun with open world games i honestly think it would be nintendo but botw certainly wasn't anything new or even very fun.

>>387931315
so just trash every games unique formula and make them all bethesda tier trash. thanks for your shit argument and braindead tastes.
>>
>>387930986
Having options and choice is a good thing. Why do you want to stifle them?
>>
>>387931367
had to do SOMETHING while waiting for someone to buy my switch for 600$

>shrug.exe
>>
>>387930505
>I'm so mad about this issue!
>There's a way around the issue. If the issue bothers you that much, use this fix.
>NOOOOO! Everyone should whine continuously with me about the issue.

People will keep saying it every single time, too. That's the only thing people can say because we aren't the devs and can do absolutely nothing to change this or any future games other than offer a way around it.
>>
File: frank.gif (1MB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
frank.gif
1MB, 500x252px
>>387931367
>only play game for a bit
>y-you don't have enough experience with the game!
>play the game a lot
>y-you played it a lot, obviously you love it!

You know you can do something for a long time for reasons besides enjoyment, right? Maybe they're a fan of the series. Maybe they wanted to make sure they were knowledgeable about the game so they could discuss it later. Maybe they thought it would get better later. Maybe they just wanted to be part of the "next big thing". Maybe they just have a high tolerance for tedium. etc etc etc
>>
>>387908761
>Impliying that you can't do that shit on almost any other RPG game too
>>
>>387915814
Are you actually making the argument that sorting through a menu takes THAT much longer on console?
>>
>>387931453
because having too many options and too much choice is retarded. it's this line of thinking that leads to procedurally generated trash. systems like gearbox bragging about broderlands 134345654 totally unique guns or nms 14 quintillion planets. good design > complete freedom. a good balance is crafting situations with multiple ways to accomplish a goal without being able to accomplish every goal the same way. in botw if you want to get from a to b climbing and gliding is a win-win for the player from every aspect in every situation. you can skip enemy encounters, it's the fastest method, you usually run into more korok seeds that way. because of this the entirety of the horse mechanics in the game is basically useless.

really the best designed part of the game is the plateau. you actually feel progression and like you're constantly learning new things. unfortunately its basically a tutorial that gives you everything you need for the next 120 hours of the game.
>>
>>387932134
stop conflating open world and procedural generation

also do you not have any self control? If you want to use the horse then use the fucking horse. Don't say "well I glided here because it's the best option" and then complain that you yourself didn't utilize the actual option that you apparently wanted to.
>>
>>387931559
It's called criticism you simpleton. Being able to install DSfix doesn't change the fact that Dark Souls is a shitty PC port. Obviously there's plenty of things players can do to "adjust" for developer incompetence, but that doesn't mean the game isn't still poorly designed.

Furthermore, there's a clear difference between:
>game that fully challenges the player and requires them to use every mechanic at their disposal to succeed (most good action games, a handful of Zeldas (like the original))
and
>game that has broken mechanics which have to be actively ignored in order to have something resembling an engaging experience (BotW)

I personally prefer the former in almost all cases.
>>
>>387932134
So you personally are incapable of doing things how you want to when you have a ton of options available? All those options make it too difficult for you to figure out how to do anything?
>>
>>387932134
I agree with you, but I don't think they're capable of getting your point, or at least don't want to. You have to understand that they come into these threads to defend the game first and foremost, it's a top-down decision, not a bottom-up one.
>>
>people who played with mipha's grace on actually think they have the right to talk about the game
Since when did we start letting children post on /v/?
>>
>>387932739
>everyone who disagrees with me is simply incapable of understanding
neck yourself cunt
>>
>>387932768
>you're not allowed to use a major ability that you got from a dungeon

I hope you faggots realize you're not making the game look better with these arguments, you're making it look worse.
>>
>>387932739
It's opinions vs opinions. You two don't like open world and having freedom and choicess, we do like them. We can bullshit all we want but neither side is going to present anything objective because it's all subjective. We can try to agree to disagree but this is 4chan.
>>
>>387933018
No that's a total cop-out, not all arguments are created equal.
>>
>>387932890
All I'm saying is, when the game gives you an easy mode ability clearly made for toddlers and you leave it on, of course you're going to get an easy game.
>>
File: indexx.jpg (8KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
indexx.jpg
8KB, 234x215px
>>387932768
Artificial difficulty is never good, you shouldn't have to cripple yourself to make the game hard. It's not exactly a good thing for major rewards/mechanics of the game to be things that you're better off not using.

What they should've just done is made easy, normal and hard modes. Have hard mode significantly nerf the champion powers, meals/elixirs are only half as powerful, slightly smarter AI on guardians and other minibosses, and make good weapons harder to acquire.

I swear Nintendo has been inept at simple fixes like this for the past decade now.
>>
>>387933163
I think you have a very poor understanding of the developer's intent. Mipha's Grace isn't the fucking chicken hat, it's a big reward for completing one of the game's major milestones. Nintendo very clearly wanted the player to use it. There isn't even a difficulty mode that turns it off or nerfs it.
>>
>>387932386
>stop conflating open world and procedural generation
we're talking about having options and choice here m8 keep up.

>>387932619
i'm saying it's shit game design. there should be trade offs, pros and cons, between the climb and glide vs horseback methods of travel. it's like if they gave the master sword the most damage in the game while making it have infinite durability and i said it was a retarded game design choice because it instantly nullifies any point to every other in game weapon would you call that retarded or still spout some retarded nonsense about b-b-but you can still use the other weapons if you want to.
>>
File: Fuck your heals.webm (3MB, 820x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your heals.webm
3MB, 820x720px
>>387909391
>exactly like Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>387933163
anon, if a game gives you an easy mode ability clearly made for toddlers chances are you're playing a game designed for toddlers. oh wait...
>>
>>387922745
>play ass creed
>gotta kill some old fuck
>pop out to kill him
>he takes off running
>he parkours up to the roof tops running faster than I, the trained assasin

that series is fucking dumb as shit
>>
>>387933249
>What they should've just done is
stopped reading there
>>
>>387933541
>running faster than I, the trained assasin
i think you left out the part where you need to git gud
>>
File: IMG_9894.jpg (187KB, 285x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9894.jpg
187KB, 285x379px
>>Fighting a tough battle
What game are we talking a about again? Regardless, don't forget the fact that combat ("tough" battles) is optional and the ridiculous autosave abuse.
>>
>>387933018
>We can bullshit all we want but neither side is going to present anything objective because it's all subjective
demonstrably bad game design isn't subjective you're literally just a brainlet fanboy who thinks that because someone criticizes something you need to come back with such intelligent arguments as "well you can just not use any of the in game rewards for completing dungeons" and "well just don't climb and glide if you want to ride the horse, even if it takes 3 times the time to get from a to b" etc. etc.

i thought botw was okay. above average even for an open world game. it was disappointing as hell for a zelda game and i hope that if they continue on the open world design for the next one they fix a lot of the issues botw has.
>>
>>387909391
That's why Dogma has a weight limit. And good combat.
Sure it's not perfect, but DD is the first game in its presumed series and BotW is the sixth, and the former did more right in its first try. What the fuck have they learned in 20 years of developing 3D action-adventure games? Nothing.
>>
>still daily bait threads about BotW
>people still responding to them
Jesus, do you guys never get tired?
>>
>>387934598
>What the fuck have they learned in 20 years of developing 3D action-adventure games?
that the open world meme is easy money for less work than crafting actual zelda games so they can copy paste ubisoft mechanics. they're nintendo so it took them a little longer than everyone else but to be fair it is their first open world game.
>>
>>387934836
>botw is the greatest game ever made
>botw is a mediocre game and open worlds are generally shit
but who's baiting who anon? if everyone is baiting everyone else than how is it different than 99% of threads?
>>
>>387908582
>completed the main story
>did every shrine
>did half the sidequests
>completion is less than 30%

jesus fuck why did they feel the need to put in 900 Koroks

They could have used some of that time to put in an actual fishing minigame
>>
>>387934990
who are you quoting?
>>
>>387934990
Both, obviously.
BotW is not the greatest game ever, and for many not even the best Zelda since they focused more on building the overworld than dungeons and many like the dungeons for the most par.
It is also true that it isn't mediocre by any means though, the game is actually filled with things to discover and has many small things to do all over the place, along with gigantic production values.

>how is it different than 99% of threads
That we have like 3 daily threads minimum about it, give it a rest.
>>
>>387909959
>I tried it, got him down to < 50% HP, but then I ran out of weapons and items
Great game.
>>
>>387919702
https://youtu.be/MK6ub-Z7snI?t=64

You didn't try hard enough.
>>
>>387935162
Having lurked this thread to this point, this is the first valid complaint I've seen. Considering you need less than half that number to unlock your full inventory, they could have used the time spent putting more korok seeds into the game on another mini game of some variety.
>>
>>387935754
>the game is actually filled with things to discover
how is this different than every other open world ever made
>has many small things to do all over the place
korok seeds sure are fun
>gigantic production values
kek

you're right anon this is a bait thread.
>>
File: 1501091165854.jpg (151KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
1501091165854.jpg
151KB, 388x443px
>>387908582
I went to the desert first. Everything one shotted me. It was fun.
>>
File: IMG_9959.jpg (141KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9959.jpg
141KB, 500x531px
Why is Hyrule the most underdeveloped Kingdom in fictional history?
>>
>>387936781
>physical size
because every nintendo system since it's gone 3d has been underpowered compared the games on other platforms that you're using as a standard. i mean the entirety of hryrule in botw is comprised of probably less than 100 houses.
>actual lore
because nintendo
>>
I think the things I chiefly died from were:
>Falling into pits
>getting one-shot by some giga nigga early in the game before you get armor or fairies or mipha's grace
>getting one shot but those yiga dicks a few times before i beat all of them head-on like a retard
>>
>>387936095
Ahh, watching him walk up to the boulder in the shrine of Resurrection made me smile.
>>
File: IMG_9809.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9809.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>387937114
Switch can run Skyrim, supposedly. BotW's domains/villages make Solitude and Whiterun look like works of art.
I get that there's no loading screens, but even the Beasts are separate from the game world and they're underdesigned and have no real enemies.
>>
>>387908582
>using divine blessings
>using fairies
I bet you also max upgraded armor. Fucking casuals.
>>
>>387908582
>Don't eat food
>Don't catch faries
Real simple chap. I bet you upgraded your amor too, and maxed out your stamina wheel and grinded shrines until you had more hearts than you'd ever need and then complained that the game was too easy
>>
>>387937803
i bet you didn't rush gannon right after leaving the plateau and dropped the game right there.
>>
>>387937991
>>387937803
Why wouldn't you upgrade armor?
You can have one set of fully upgraded armor and another not upgraded at all if you want to do it the hard way, plus some armor that can't get upgraded like Dark Link's.
>>
>>387937991
>he wore armor
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww kiddy mode xd not hardcore like me playing a kids game at all, botw dark souls of zelda
>>
>>387913670
There is armour for literally every other status boost, including a few you can't get from food

but not movement speed, except at night with sheikah and dark link armours. They later added the tingle set, which is a third night movement set, but no day movement speed.

They could easily add a postman set, or a bunny hood in the next dlc pack, but I sort of doubt they will, unfortunately
>>
>>387938153
Because it is grinding to make the game easier. Grinding is not fun. Making the game easier isn't fun

The only way to challenge yourself in the game is this
>Only do easily accessible shrines for stables and towns
>With divine beasts you only need 40 shrines to get 13 hearts for master sword
>4 are given to you from the plataeu, 4 are given to you in the korok forest. Only 32 from exploring the entire world
>When you get it you should split those hearts into stamina
>You shouldn't max stamina and only climb when necessary; ride your horse as often as possible
There. The game is now actually a 10/10.
>>
>>387927826
French is great, zelda is voiced by princess amalia from Wakfu

urbosa is voiced by julith from dofus
>>
File: geenie.jpg (39KB, 457x322px) Image search: [Google]
geenie.jpg
39KB, 457x322px
>>387908582
Master Mode could've easily fixed all of this if it was done right
>Flurry Rush wasn't disabled
>your still allowed to carry fairies, they shouldn't even spawn in this mode
>switching weapons still freezing Time around you, they should be in real-time
>divine beasts still lack enemies
>didnt change up any of the bosses attacks or their AI, just gave them the same boring health regen
>>
>>387939193
This is how the game should've been by default. I don't know what the fuck to call it in its current state, and even then...
>$10 to unlock an actual game instead of a walking simulator
kek
>>
>>387938613
Actually scratch that; 3+4 is 7 which means you need 5 hearts from shrines to get the master sword. That's only 20 shrines, or 12 from exploration outside of the plataeu and Forest. Holy kek that's so small. Grinding shrines is the biggest mistake anybody can make when playing this game
>>
>>387939360
>walking in the game
Kek
>>
>>387909279
>is it doable
... You can literally ride a rock off the great plateau before getting the paraglider.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.