[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any game out there that explores christian mythology? Not focusing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Ezekiel's_vision.jpg (116KB, 417x323px) Image search: [Google]
Ezekiel's_vision.jpg
116KB, 417x323px
Any game out there that explores christian mythology? Not focusing purely on jesus, but all other surreal aspects mentioned in the bible?

looked, and I saw beside the cherubim four wheels, one beside each of the cherubim; the wheels sparkled like topaz. 10 As for their appearance, the four of them looked alike; each was like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 11 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the cherubim faced; the wheels did not turn about[b] as the cherubim went. The cherubim went in whatever direction the head faced, without turning as they went. 12 Their entire bodies, including their backs, their hands and their wings, were completely full of eyes, as were their four wheels. 13 I heard the wheels being called “the whirling wheels.” 14 Each of the cherubim had four faces: One face was that of a cherub, the second the face of a human being, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
>>
I mean their is SMT
>>
Bible buffet
>>
>>387895678

Does it use the mythologies elements (characters, etc) or does it actually explore the myths themselves?
>>
>>387895517
The You Testament handles this pretty well, it's surreal as fuck.
>>
>>387895806
Sidequests involving demons are usually related to the myth of the creature.
But its not really the focus of the series and a lot of time you see a demon doing something for no reason
Like why was thor in SMT1 an agent of yaveh?
>>
File: ophan.jpg (81KB, 879x531px) Image search: [Google]
ophan.jpg
81KB, 879x531px
Dominions 4 has several Biblical (admittedly heavily influenced by Book of Enoch, which is considered non-canonical by most denominations of Christianity) factions, Hinnom, Ashdod andGath, featuring most of the Judeo-Christian angelic hierarchy.
>>
Christian mythology is perhaps the most boring of all mythologies. They just copied an egyptian sungod then removed everything cool about him
>>
>>387896147

Awesome, thanks. This looks interesting. Ive never played a dominions game. How do you find them?
>>
>>387896232
try typing "dominions 4" into google
>>
>>387896302

I understand you were trying to be funny, I meant how do you like the games?
>>
File: GevurahW.jpg (379KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
GevurahW.jpg
379KB, 2880x1800px
Keeping tabs on this thread. Also OP, you should check out El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron.
>>
>>387895517
bayonetta has some pretty accurate depictions of angels.

this is not a joke, despite it sounding like one.
>>
>>387896384

I have el shaddai as I found the gameplay and visuals interesting. Got tired of the homoeroticism and gave up on the game
>>
>>387896332
they're really good, but i'm at the point where i can stomp the AI but i'd just spend weeks getting ruined if i tried multiplayer. i'm not real sure how to cross that gap

some anon called this "the scrub's dilemma"
>>
>>387896517

Gotcha, thanks. Never played this type of game before. Seems like an interesting new genre to try. Ill check it out!
>>
>>387896405

Didn't know that. I have bayo 1 and 2 downloaded on the wii u but never started them for some reason. Guess it's time I got around to trying them out.
>>
>>387896384
>>387896478
El Shaddai is getting a sequel in Japan that's changing genre entirely and is now just a straight SMT clone.
>>
>>387897165

That's discouraging. my main interest in the game was the gameplay. Not a fan of SMT style games.
>>
File: file.png (692KB, 957x598px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
692KB, 957x598px
The first 2hu game
>>
>>387895517
sounds like the cherubim are really over designed
>>
>>387897423
Sounds more like whoever wrote that was tripping his balls off
>>
File: 1481458255726.jpg (295KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481458255726.jpg
295KB, 720x720px
>>387896232
>dominions game
It should be noted that Dom1-3 are obsolete as new iterations have been evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

As for what the game is like, it's a fantasy wargame, ie. aspects like city-building are rudimentary to non-existent while combat resolution and such like are very involved, and it bears closer resemblance to /tg/ wargaming than 4X games. Dominions really stands out in terms of quantity of content (80 some factions, a few thousand units, a thousand spells etc), some fairly unique mechanics (like combat system based around deploying your troops and giving them scripted orders, battles being automatically resolved in between turns) and really good fluff and worldbuilding, with most factions based on historical nations or real-world mythology (Spanish Inquisition vs Undead Romans vs The Aztecs vs Zoroastrian birdmen)

Low production value aside, it's an exceptional game, although it should be noted that in typical strategy game fashion the AI plays seemingly by random but Dominions gives it much more rope to hang itself with than most other games, so for most players single player begins to lose its appeal after a few dozen hours after you've learned the basics and explored the setting. Luckily, it's very well-suited to multiplayer thanks to simultaneous turns, PBEM support, free-for-all format (much more lenient than 1vs1 in regards to players with different skill levels being present in the game) and greentext story/RP potential.
>>
>>387897494

Well >>387897494

Ezekiels story has to be one of the most imaginative
>>
>>387895517
Dante's Inferno
>>
>>387895879
>You Testament

That's probably my alI time least favorite game.
>>
>>387895517
It looks like really shitty description of some kind technology.
>>
Bayonetta literally has those designs as enemies
>>
>>387896478
It's been a while since I played the game, but I can't really put my finger on what you mean by it being homoerotic. Is it the fact that the protagonist's armor falls off as he takes damage? Are you some kind of closet case anon?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.