[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Playing Dredd vs. Death for the first time >First level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 7599582_orig.jpg (63KB, 400x470px) Image search: [Google]
7599582_orig.jpg
63KB, 400x470px
>Playing Dredd vs. Death for the first time
>First level of the arcade mode has you playing as a gang member during a block war
>Kill a judge and pick up his gun
>Think 'that's stupid, everyone knows a judge's gun is keyed to his genetic signature so no one else can fire it.'
>Whatever, it's a balance thing I'm sure
>Go to shoot it
>It fucking explodes and kills me
What was your last 'wow' moment in gaming?
>>
>>387888384
>What was your last 'wow' moment in gaming?
When I pressed buttons and nothing happened.
>>
that fleshpound is going to fucking kill him
>>
>>387888384

The Dredd vs Death game was surprisingly good. I really enjoyed it. I also liked how you could verbally challenge enemies to surrender then arrest them.

I don't think I killed a single human in that entire game, except on the last level when the suicidal ones charge at you and refuse to surrender. Arrested literally everyone else non lethally.

I can't believe such a sub par dev like Rebellion managed to make an innovate and good video game. Art and atmosphere was great too.
>>
>playing half life
>trying to do some basic platforming
>not working for some reason
>later find out it's a bugged mechanic
>>
>Go to hospital to see wife
>Have to wait for hours until the doctor shows up so I can go home
>>
>>387890156

Dredd vs Death was absolute dogshit, pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>387890156
I'd love to see a new Dredd game. I think it's one of the few that might actually benefit from the open world meme if the scale of Mega City 1 didn't make that so prohibitively expensive. Being able to just cruise the city in your lawmaster, looking for crimes or phoning in to control like the GTA police missions.
>>
>>387890338

I played it again about 2 years ago and it held up great. Literally name one thing bad about it.
>>
>>387890338
Played it for the first time a few months ago. It was pretty good. Controls were a bit janky, it was too short, and I hated that you were fighting zombies half the game to disguise the terrible human enemy AI, but I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10.
>>
>>387890461

This, it wasn't perfect but for a budget shooter from the mid 2000's from the likes of Rebellion I wasn't expecting much. I came out pleasantly surprised with a flawed but fun game with great atmosphere and some neat mechanics.

Also I didn't mind the zombies since it meant I could use my guns for once. I was going non lethal on all human targets and arresting them.
>>
>>387890384

>Literally name one thing bad about it.

Shit gunplay
Shit controls
Shit AI
Shit level design
Shit artwork

If they'd released the game in the 90's it would have been a fucking joke, let alone in 2003.

For fucks sake we had stuff like Half-Life Opposing force 4 years EARLIER.
>>
>>387889959
WoooooooooW
>>
I thought I'm the only person in the galaxy to play this game.

Some people said it sucked but I think it was underrated it felt refreshing to have FPS game where you couldn't just blast everything mindlessly.

I miss this game. I can't even find any torrents for it let alone my original copy.
>>
>>387890048
Underrated post
>>
>>387890156
The game might have been good if you weren't fighting zombies 80% of the time where the whole law mechanic doesn't apply
>>
>>387890726

Gunplay was fine for what it was.

>controls

It's on PC, literally remap them retard.

>AI

No it was pretty cool how you could get them to surrender. But yeah nothing fantastic other than that, but aside from the greats, most games have shit AI.

>shit level design

No it was good.

>shit artwork

KYS the artwork was actually fantastic. I loved the aesthetic.

Sounds like you bought this game back on release hyped as fuck and got disappointed. I got it on GoG for a few bucks in a pack with some other games. It's literally a happy 7. Nothing wrong about it, but does nothing spectacular either. Yet you can't hate it. Just a happy fun 7/10.
>>
>>387888384
>Playing Dredd vs. Death for the first time
>Try to jump over obstacle in the tutorial

Oh, boy.
>>
>>387891717
>I can't even find any torrents for it let alone my original copy.

Have you checked literally any major torrent site? It's on GoG for a few dollars for fucks sake.
>>
>>387892391
I checked fucking TPB and RARBG and there was nothing you lying faggot I'm glad americans get shot often fuck you.
>>
>>387891717
Are you blind? Not only is it available pretty much everywhere, it was on sale on Steam for two bucks like a month ago, which is when I got it. Hell, I got a disc copy on eBay a couple weeks back for like 6 bucks because I'm building up my Dredd collection.

I literally just searched TPB and there was a torrent up of the GOG version with ten seeders.
>>
>>387892576
you're a retarded western faggot go shill for gay rights and pedophilia and get murdered by Ahmed ibn Mahmudin you cunt

and get accused of rape because you looked at a woman while you're at it
>>
>>387892523
>>
>>387892714
>>387892523

>yfw this butthurt cuck probably typed in "Judge Dread"
>>
>>387889959
>>387890048
Good posts, had a chuckle
>>
>>387892752
>>387892852
ok checked it out and you were right
but still get shot you faggots
>>
>>387890156
>I can't believe such a sub par dev like Rebellion managed to make an innovate and good video game. Art and atmosphere was great too.
rebellion own dredd
>>
>>387892914

I'm not even American dude, calm down. Can't we all just like Dredd vs Death in peace?
>>
>>387892949
fuck western eruofaggots
>>
File: 1457726015873.png (211KB, 694x642px) Image search: [Google]
1457726015873.png
211KB, 694x642px
>200 Sniper Elites
>Nazi Zombie shovelware
>Some shovelware team co-op 3rd person shooter that is a GUARANTEED flop and will 100% cost them a fuck ton of money
>Rehashing Rogue Trooper AGAIN

Don't these cunts have enough money to make a real modern fucking Judge Dredd game already?
>>
>>387892949
Vidya game threads of today demand a constant influx of shitposting to remain above page 10, unless a miracle happens.
>>
>>387893075

I'm not even European dude, calm down. Can't we all just like Dredd vs Death in peace?
>>
>>387892914
But why assume we're American when Judge Dredd is made in England as a satire of America?
>>
>>387892927

Oh really? Ah that's right Rogue Troops and Judge Dredd are 2000AD aren't though.

So how did a sub par dev end up owning an IP? Or is it just a license?

Why don't they make a new Judge Dredd game anyways, why didn't they make one to go along with the new Dredd film a few years back.
>>
>>387893141
fuck asia
>>387893247
fuck england
>>
>>387893110
Rogue Trooper looks good though. Probably has antiquated game design by this point, but hey.
>>
>>387893285

I'm not even Asian dude, calm down. Can't we all just like Dredd vs Death in peace?
>>
>>387893262
2000AD was being treated like shit in the late 90's and Rebellion bought the rights to the comic and all the IP's.

The dude who owns Rebellion is actually pretty based. He completely turned the comic around.
>>
>>387888384
>>387890156

it's a really fun game, and i had so much fun shooting guns outta perp's hands to not get a Judge Dredd rating each level. Only part that sticks out in infamy to me was when you go down in the sewers to the old city and there's literally no ammo anywhere, so i almost had to beat most of the mutants down with the gunstock. It was a nice challenge at least
>>
>>387893353

Oh that's pretty cool. How did they afford that though, AVP2000 sales?

Really, Rebellion has such a shit track record for games. They rarely get above mediocre really. If the owner is based, why doesn't he hire a competent team? I think Dredd vs Death is actually a fluke. Both AVP2000 and AVP2010 where incredibly underwhelming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellion_Developments

I mean look at that track record.
>>
>game takes palce in America
>you can't shoot civilians without reprecussions
?
>>
Who is looking forward to Evil Genius 2? Or would they fuck that up as well?
>>
>>387893980

>judges going executioner without proper reasoning

they have 300000000000 laws that lets them buttfuck civs whenever and wherever, but provided you manage to follow them, the judges are swell dudes. which is why this is fictional america
>>
>>387893605
Yeah probably money form AvP games and also got it for a steal as nobody wanted to take on a failing niche British comic book with debt.

But they really turned it around. Their output of games is fine for a really small British developer to be honest. Besides doing licensed work for other companies their own original properties like Sniper Elite are always received pretty well. That's been their main focus for the past like 5+ years now.
>>
>>387894120
And even if you don't follow all the laws, most judges aren't fucking paladins. There was one story where they found a sov-bloc spy because his house had literally 0 infractions when they performed a search. No one is that clean.
>>
>>387894523
>And even if you don't follow all the laws, most judges aren't fucking paladins
Stop perpetuating this gay image of paladins.
>>
>>387893075
Slavs, when will they learn?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.