[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good entry point to the FF saga? I've unironically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5338.jpg (64KB, 800x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5338.jpg
64KB, 800x274px
Is this a good entry point to the FF saga?

I've unironically never played one.
>>
>>387882353
1 is a good entry point because that's the fucking first one.
>>
>>387882445
1-2-3 have all aged atrociously
>>
>>387882445
Wrong, because you don't need the first one.

FF splits more or less in two styles. The custom party and the character party.
And 6 is one of the best for story reasons.
5 if you want a custom party.
>>
>>387882445
This. Play them all, in order. Everyone has a fucking opinion about which is best, which is trash, which is the best to start on. Just play them all and form your own opinion rather than let some tard on /v/ decide for you.
>>
>>387882845
I played them all for the first time last year and they held up just fine. If you can't into 8-bit RPGs maybe you're just a casual babby.
>>
>>387882353
It's not bad, but might set your standards too high.

Everyone saying to play the entire fucking series from the first game are morons, but you should pick a generation and play that in order.

In other words if you have a thing for 2D/SNES RPGs I'd start with FFIV and then work your way up to V and then VI.

If you prefer 3D, start with VII, then play VIII and IX.

Don't start with X or later because they started doing a lot more experimenting with the series after IX, which was sort of the big finale of the "classic" FF feel by being a big love letter to the first five games.

FFX is a fantastic game and it aged like a fine wine, but it's also a lot different from the rest of the series. It's better to save that and the games after it for after you've had a taste of the first 9.

If you DO want to start with the first three play remakes. There's no benefit to playing the NES versions other than waving your e-cock around. Play Dawn of Souls and the DS/Phone/Steam remake of FFIII.
>>
Play 4 because it has the best girl in the series.
>>
>>387882938
>If you can't into 8-bit RPGs maybe you're just a casual babby.
There's a difference between not being able to do something and not wanting to subject yourself to something terrible.

There's no reason to play the 8-bit versions when they've all had remakes that improve them.

And again, there's no reason to play them all in order. 99% of FF fans did not have such a luxury. The most "authentic" experience is diving into the middle SNES/PSX/PS2 eras where most people started.
>>
>>387883140
Freya's in 4?
>>
>>387883232
Uhh anon this is embarrassing but he said BEST girl not WORST girl
>>
>>387883352
Bumping this dead thread just to tell you how shit your taste is.
>>
>>387882353
Yeah, then Play 9, if you want more Final Fantasy Play 7 and 8.

If you still want more after that, I'd personally recommend playing Through the Quest games (Ogre Battle (SNES/PS1), Tactics Ogre (PSP), Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP), Vagrant Story (PS1), and Final Fantasy XII (PS4))

If you want to play some Classics play 4 (PSP) and 5 (GBA), if you aren't burned out after that you can try 1&2 (PSP) and 3 (DS Remake, also on other platforms, like Steam).

If you like the class changing thing in 5 and 3, Play 4 Heroes of Light, Bravely Default and Bravely Second.

If you just want more Final Fantasy play The Last Story, I'd compare it to 2 and 4, so if you liked the story focus and Classic feel, play it.
>>
>>387885213
>playing the best games first

Nigga you high
>>
>>387882353
1-3 is garbage
>>
>>387882353
I'd reckon so.
Gives you a pretty good impression to what the series is about.
Definitely give 7/9/10 a whirl and if you're feeling really frisky give 5,12, and Tactics a shot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.