[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>5+ min queues nearly every time >end up getting the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 123214.jpg (99KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
123214.jpg
99KB, 600x315px
>5+ min queues nearly every time
>end up getting the same players in almost every match

is it dying?
>>
what are you talking about, I always get less than 1 minute queues
>>
Korea and China will carry it for ever.

But yeah it's basically dead in the west.
>>
>>387877618
It's blizzard, they can't retain players even on their f2p ones anymore.
>>
30 gorillion players goy.
>>
>>387877618
Maybe you should try getting out of the 50 skill rating points hellhole.
>>
>>387877618
It is not dying, just cooling down. Many have all loot they wanted. And some that like the competive fps experience are hooked on pubg. So a big part of overwatch players are playing pubg.
>>
>>387877618
<30 second ques for me. Do you live in some 3rd world shithole?
>>
>>387877618
>5+ min queues nearly every time
what's your sr? I never experience this. 2mins tops
>end up getting the same players in almost every match
That's because you all re-queue all at the same time so of course the matchmaking system will put you together. Try waiting a minute or two before queueing if you want to play with new people.

"overwatch is dying" and "pubg is taking over ow" are memes because ~5 streamers with large view counts started playing pubg during the evenings after playing OW
>>
>6 months between new maps
>they're usually 5/10 and worse than vanilla maps

Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>387879682
... When was the last time you played?
>>
>>387879973
None of that makes any sense. Assuming they're pulling from the pool they've advertised in their marketing numbers then there is a fucking infinitesimal chance to be placed with the same people, even accounting for region, ping, and SR matching.

Even so the community has dwindled and the devs have obviously reached the threshold of diminishing returns in their creativity for the game. There is nothing genuinely appealing about it anymore, people have had their share of highly repetitive shooting, q'ing, and win/losing on the same maps with the same characters in an ad infinitum loop.

What's more is ActiBlizz are trying their damndest to initiate a real competitive scene which people will be hard pressed to be interested in from both the player and audience perspective, so it will only get worse as they try to press this agenda.
>>
>>387880835
its not just sr matching, it bases it off a hidden mmr rating based off chess elo system, so yes, it does make sense that it works that way. don't believe me? try waiting a minute after your next game and see if you get the same folks. the only time it doesnt work is in high elo (re: GM and top500) because so few players are at that rank

>Even so the community has dwindled and the devs have obviously reached the threshold of diminishing returns in their creativity for the game. There is nothing genuinely appealing about it anymore, people have had their share of highly repetitive shooting, q'ing, and win/losing on the same maps with the same characters in an ad infinitum loop.

there is no argument or point here, it just sounds like you're bored with the game

>What's more is ActiBlizz are trying their damndest to initiate a real competitive scene which people will be hard pressed to be interested in from both the player and audience perspective, so it will only get worse as they try to press this agenda.

why is pressing for a competitive scene bad for the game? they never have, and never will, balance the game around top tier competitive players
>>
>>387879959
England
>>
>>387880289
Indie team, give them time.
>>
>>387877618
dont give a shit, I only play for events
>>
It's a fucking boring ass game, they nerfed roadhog when he was in 50% winrate just because they want everyone to take like half the team to take down. This isn't' a skill based shooter it's just a dirty moba fps.
>>
File: 1490356203805.jpg (82KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1490356203805.jpg
82KB, 666x666px
>>387877618
Rarely get queues longer than 1 minute, OP.
>>
This is literally just a result of the Elo system.

The game is trying very hard to make a group of people with the exact same Elo as you. Even in quickplay you have a "hidden" matchmaking rank.

So, it will spend 5 minutes searching hard to find somebody that is as close as possible to your rank (note this will take longer if your rank is very high or very low) and then you'll usually end up with the same players because they're similar skill level to you, at least by the reckoning of the code they used to calculate elo
>>
>>387877618
that only happens at low levels
the games tries to match you with players at the same skill level as you :^)
>>
>>387881403
>>387879959
>>387877680
If you get extremely fast queues you probably just have an extremely typical matchmaking rank, somewhere around the middle. Somebody who has a really high matchmaking rank will take much longer to find a group because there are less people with a rank that high.
>>
>>387881515
Master here, waiting around a minute on average.
>>
>>387877618
You just live in Uganda.
>>
>>387877618
Are you Australian?
>>
>>387881515
Diamond. But hey, if you're GM or TOP500, it's expected matchmaking will take some time, since you're in like 2% of playerbase or even less. CS:GO on high levels can take over a dozen of minutes to match.
>>
>>387881780
Diamonds a very common rank. OP just lives in Antarctica.
>>
>all those people saying queue times are lower for them and that it's extremely rare to bump on the same player twice due to the high population numbers
Overwatch uses hidden SR to determine which players to put together in casual matches. It's obviously not as strict as the ranked queueing system but it's still enough to cause what is described by the OP.

The closer you are to the average skill lever the easier it will be for you to find a game and lots of different people to play with/against. If you are much worse/better than the average player, then the queue pool will be significantly smaller and you will wait 5+ minutes to get a casual game. Most of your games will also have the same people in them due to the lack of players in your skill level.
>>
Hey fucked up with their release schedule for content. Instead of coming out the stalls strong they decided to just mess about releasing stuff that wasn't what attracted people to the game in the first place.
>>
>>387881895
My quick play is almost exclusively people in Masters/GM yet my queues still only take two minutes at most. Try not living in Uganda.
>>
>>387881882
Isn't diamond the top 10%?
>>
>>387877618
Stop playing at 4am in autstralia
>>
>>387877618
I wont say 5 minutes everytime but yeah, pretty much everytime I try to stream this game now I end up giving up because I have to sit on queue for like 2~3 minutes everytime.
Populated competitive games dont take this long.
Go try LOL for a example. That shit is older than Overwatch and any time of the day you can find a game in like a minute.
Go on Twitch right now. So many games being streamed more than Overwatch. Even goddamn GTAV had more viewers earlier today when I checked.

Two things are saving Overwatch from being dead right now: new characters and Youtubers.
If people stop making videos of this game it will die on the spot.
>>
>>387877618

No, you probably stopped playing for quite some time and now you combination of level and skill is fucked up.
Also, since the summer games are still up, arcade modes are way, WAY more played than quick play or competitive.
Problem can be solved grabbing a mate, groups somewhat cut down ridiculously queue times.
>>
>>387881780
>CS:GO on high levels can take over a dozen of minutes to match.

Since when? I bouncing between supreme and global for a very long time and it never took long to find matches. Maybe if you veto maps like Dust2, Inferno and Mirage it will take some time, but those were the best maps when I was playing anyway.
>>
>>387877686
korea is getting tired of it since it's not skill based. And chinese shits will just play cheaper knockoffs.
>>
>>387877618
>is it dying?
yes
>>
>2 min queue
>3 min skirmish shit
>get in game wait 2 mins can't find enough players
>finally get in a game
>oh lol this is the last 10 seconds of a losing match
>finally get a fresh match with enough players
> steamroll the enemy team or getting raped

I just like want to have fun.
>>
>>387877618
P U B G
U
B
G
>>
>>387883221
>korea is getting tired of it since it's not skill based.
Korea is not playing it because they closed that loophole that allowed them to aimbot at net cafes with no repercussions. If they cared about whether a game takes skill or not they wouldn't be playing League of Legends.
>>
File: 1502699917057.png (136KB, 1154x399px) Image search: [Google]
1502699917057.png
136KB, 1154x399px
>somehow PUBG has not affected any steam games

The question is what game is losing players and I think its quit obvious. Look at the Twitch numbers OW dropped like 10k-30k views.
>>
>>387881082
L
O
N
D
O
N
?
>>
>>387883427
I got 4 OW guys to buy PUBG and uninstall OW.
>>
File: dumb detective pepe.jpg (113KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
dumb detective pepe.jpg
113KB, 882x731px
>>387883427
>Overwatch takes 2 minutes to find a match and you always play with the same persons
>PUBG matchmaking takes seconds and you play in a 100 person server
>>
>>387883973
really makes you think
>>
>>387883973
PUBG has no skill- or ping-based matchmaking like Overwatch does.
>>
>>387884235
>Overwatch has no appeal and PUBG does.
Fixed
>>
>>387884823
Both are shit though.
>>
>>387884869
t. CoD faggot
>>
TF2 stayed fresh and fun for YEARS before I ever got even bored with it in the slightest.
>>
definitely. Player base shifted to PUBG
>>
>>387882156
It is.
>>
>>387881082
so yes
>>
>>387883267
>wants to have fun
>plays activision blizzard turds
>>
>>387877618
Haha. Get the fuck out of here ugly ass shill. I get instant matches in all modes. All of the time.
>>
>>387877618
>>387877680
>>387879973
>>387881403

>using individuals' queue time to determine if the game is dead

I have this radical idea, how about we use Google to find us some relevant informations?

>https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-battle-royale-simulator-now-the-sixth-most-popular-pc-game-in-the-market/
>yes it's dying

Wasn't that hard, was it?
>>
>>387877618
>being this desperate for another TORtanic
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.