[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which 3d Mario game has the best movement? Do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: odyessy.jpg (191KB, 1068x597px) Image search: [Google]
odyessy.jpg
191KB, 1068x597px
Which 3d Mario game has the best movement? Do you think Odyessy can top that?
>>
Sunshine
>>
>>387866983
In terms of fluidity: 3d World or 64
In terms of practicality: Sunshine
>>
Definitely NOT 64.
>>
64 because Sunshine spoils Mario's kit by introducing the hover nozzle. Odyssey looks like it will be the best though. The roll looks super fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSXI05RSSsA
>>
>>387867032
>3D World having the best movement
Glad's summers almost over
>>
>>387867142
Yeah so summerfriends like you can finally go back to being productive members on reddit!
>>
>>387866983
Sunshine easily, 64 was a bit glitchy and the moveset isn't that good outside of meme-shit like crawling, while Galaxy wasn't the same at all.

I'll bet Odyssey beats it, it seems to have a simple moveset with lots of options that will actually matter, throwing your hat seems simple but has a LOT of potential for example.
>>
I would say Galaxy if it wasnt that you have to play with the retarded wii controls.
>>
File: hayzeus.jpg (10KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
hayzeus.jpg
10KB, 226x223px
>Speedrunners seeing all the movement options Mario has in Odyessy
Will this revitalize SG/AGDQ?
>>
>>387866983
64 is definitely MY best. For now.
Odyssey, while having amazing movement from the 15-minute demo I played, is just as good as 64.
>>
Sunshine

64fags need to take their nostalgiagoggles off, mario is as much overly heavy and unwieldy to turn on a dime as Sonic is overly responsive and too easily turns on a dime in Sa2

I'd even argue Sa2 is not as bad in terms as movement since at least as your skill level goes up the over responsiveness turns into not a problem and actually a benefit over time, wheras Mario's slowlness to turn never stops being a negative)
>>
It has the right idea, but lacks momentum building on moves. The flat levels are no good for these acrobatic moves either.

>>387867032
>In terms of fluidity: The anti-64 or 64
What did he mean by this?

>>387867313
Nothing can revitalize GDQ.
>>
File: 1490417592627.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490417592627.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>387867405
>I'd even argue Sa2 is not as bad in terms as movement
See this? Whenever you're trying to argue with someone about the golden standard of 3D platforming, remember these are the people you're responding to.
>>
>>387867448
They were fluid in their respective games and the level design mutually complimented the movement.
>>
>>387866983
>There are people IN THIS VERY THREAD that don't think Super Mario 64 has the best movement
Talk to me about a game that literally has parallel dimensions that allow you to maneuver through a level with only a single a press, and then maybe Super Mario 64 could be bumped down to number two, MAYBE.
>>
File: 2VHkk4E.jpg (108KB, 936x1327px) Image search: [Google]
2VHkk4E.jpg
108KB, 936x1327px
>>387867716
>Unintended mechanics in the game means that that game has the best movement
How long do you need to build up speed to get to a parallel universe where you win this argument?
>>
>>387866983
To Nintendo Marketers on /v/:
Please delete all of your promotional images featuring Mario wearing a Sombrero. This level has been deleted.

Thanks,
-The Management
>>
>>387867564
How is 8-way movement fluid in any way? How did 3D World level design accommodate for its movements at all?
>>
sm64 has good movement but the camera shits it all up
>>
File: 1460931974723.jpg (12KB, 206x213px) Image search: [Google]
1460931974723.jpg
12KB, 206x213px
>>387867091
jesus fucking christ that video, just show the fucking jumps instead of dedicating half the video to your unfunny descriptions fucking lord
>>
>>387868596
Just go with the Mario camera mode zoomed out, it always places the camera behind Mario
>>
>>387868596
This is true. As fun and fluid as the movements are, I can't ignore the camera and the method of changing the camera angle.
Odyssey's camera is great, though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.