[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna get into Fighting games. Figured I'd get BBCF to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1503032024799.jpg (66KB, 503x617px) Image search: [Google]
1503032024799.jpg
66KB, 503x617px
I wanna get into Fighting games. Figured I'd get BBCF to try and learn the ropes for Fighterz and Cross. and whatever really. Been doing challenge mode to try and get a hold of timing and all that. Is Noel, Mai, or Es a good starting character?
>>
>>387859143
Es and Mai are easy enough to play, Noel is okay too but I advise you not to mash your Drive because it locks you into a set of normals and you'll get smashed if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>387859512
Yeah I finshed normal challenge mode for Mai and Noel so far, I had started on Es when I thought I should probably stop filling my head with these characters timings and what not since I should settle on one.
Out of the two which would you reccomend? I like the way they both feel so far Is one more friendly than the other? I'll drop Noel, shes flashy and I like that, but I should work on getting acclimated first
>>
>>387859143
Same and i'm also looking at blazblue
>>
>>387860059
Between Mai and Es? Depends on if you intend to branch out into other characters eventually, Mai has normals that are restricted to being used in a sequence while Es has your typical 5/2/6/3 normals that pretty much everyone else has, so Mai has a harder time opening up people who are just blocking. Mai also has a free command dash and invincible backflip that most characters don't.
>>
>>387860721
Definitely want to open up and use other characters after I get used to one. So It sounds like I should go Es. Besides completing and practicing the challenges any other tips for getting used to this game, or the genre in general? Should I use that weird controller grip I see some people use?
>>
>>387861486
Practice your defense like block and teching throw. Es is fairly shoto so she's pretty good to work on movement and spacing
>>
>>387861486
>Weird controller grip
What? I mean, I hold my pad kind of weird, but that's because I'm dumb. Mostly I advise you to block first and try to mash buttons against people when you know what your good buttons are. It depends on the character you're playing against though, mashing on wakeup against someone like Jin will just end poorly 100% of the time if he knows how to meaty you.
>>
>>387861665
>>387861980
Alright so I'll complete Normal and Hard Challenges with Es, repeat them until I can do them fairly consistently. Then run through Arcade and work on blocking, teching and getting comfy with my "Good" buttons. doing more of the same after I start getting into Net matches. That sound good?
And the grip I see a lot is like the hand on the movement pad is with 2 fingers I guess would be how to explain it.
>>
>>387862265
Yeah, I suggest you look up what your good buttons are instead of trying to feel it out, learning frame data and what cancels into what isn't easy on the eyes unless you do it a whole lot. You should ask people you run into online who play your character for tips, but since Es is kind of a rare character I advise you to go to the /blaz/ general on /vg/ and bring some gameplay discussion with you, they could use it. Don't join their discord though, and don't get too used to how anyone plays either, there's a balance update hitting CF at the end of the month.
Also anyone who's doing some sort of Claw-type grip is either crazy or playing a character far more technical than you are, just hold the controller normally.
>>
>>387859143
Oh hey it's the Wario'd Daisy.
>>
>>387863113
Alright cool, I accidentally tried the claw and Im sorta comfortable with it, I'll mess around with how I hold it. And after I finish and get used to these challenges I'll look more into Es' good buttons and move to Arcade and /blaz/
Thanks a lot anon.
>>
>>387863170
sauce?
>>
File: 1502903516175.png (8KB, 243x309px) Image search: [Google]
1502903516175.png
8KB, 243x309px
>>387863985
Wario's on Daisy.
>>
>>387863985
here you go anon
>>
>>387866325
thx
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.