[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls II Thread. Memes aside what was the best part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1491964748520.jpg (63KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491964748520.jpg
63KB, 405x720px
Dark Souls II Thread.

Memes aside what was the best part about the game?
>>
>>387858747
Yes it was, and I unironically like Ds2
>>
No-man's Wharf. The rest is pretty fucking lame specially the castle.
>>
>>387858747
would it make people feel bad that unironically my favorite part of the game was that lift that left the top of a tower and came up at lava-level. i thought that was so rad that you're in this weird psychoscape, there were like 5 other transitions like that which were really cool, when you come out onto that mountain with the dragons for another example

i also really liked the fight against that weird person down in the cell, i think that whole bit, that like castle with the lift and that fight was probably my favorite section
>>
>>387858827
how does it feel to be borderline retarded and having no standards?
>>
The map didn't even make sense
>>
>>387859430
Why so upset
>>
Heide's Tower of Fun

Bell Tower PvP

Sunken King

Velstadt

Old Dragonslayer

Pursuer fights
>>
>>387858747
>memes aside
>post funny memes xD
Ok.
>>
>>387859430
I second that. One of the worst games I've ever played
>>
The ending
Because it was over
>>
>>387858747
For me, how laid back it was.

In the first one with all the backtracking it really gets you on edge since each expedition into the world meant an investment of time and resources that in the end could lead to nothing, since there progression couldn't be broken. Not only that, but lack of Soul Vessels meant you couldn't ever respec your build which was a pain if you were going for a cookie-cutter build and screwed up your stats and the like.

Also lack of Bonfire Ascetics made it mandatory to immediately replay the game if you wanted to get the equipment you needed. There was also no way to rematch a boss you alteady killed without doing this either which sucked major balls. Other items like Seeds of Giants were major wins too.

But the best thing about II might be the PvP and how balanced the game is. Not only is almost everything viable, but most of the broken things about the first one were fixed. The magic, hollowing and Estus system is the best in the series too.
>>
>>387860480
The end boss fights were the worst, the two guards were easy to predict, nashandra was a pinata with undead dlc hat, and Aldia was just a gimmick.
>>
>>387859021
>No-man's Wharf
i love this area, wish it was bigger
>>
>>387858747
>what was the best part about the game
The combat and item variety. The combat system was the most balanced out of all SOuls games and had the most features. Magic was good, dual wielding was both fun and viable, shields were not useless, 2-handed weapons were not OP, poise actually did something outside of hyperarmor frames and hyperarmor existed in the game as well. The game's item variety allowed you to create a shitload of fun and imaginative builds with drastically different aesthetics and functionality.

All in all, DS2 is my favorite Souls game, because I favor gameplay mechanics and character customization freedom over "muh graphics, muh lore". Also, looking at the game in retrospective, DS2 has a huge advantage over DS3 in being a self-contained game when it comes to story and characters.
>>
File: soulgamer.png (126KB, 1894x1037px) Image search: [Google]
soulgamer.png
126KB, 1894x1037px
Best invasions in the soul series.
>>
>>387858747
The thing that most people meme about, that is, the bosses, weren't even that bad, Not as bad as Demon Souls anyways, which everybody in /v/ needs to pathologically suck the dick of constantly to try and proof they are long time fans but fail to forget Demon's contained such jewels as:

>Armor Spider
>Adjudicator
>Fool's Idol
>Dirty Colossus
>Flamelurker's terrible pathfinding AI
>Dragon God
>Dragons in general
>Astraea and Lesser Velstadt
>Storm King

At least quantity meant the filler bosses in DS2 didn't mean the game only had a few good ones. The filler fights weren't completely dislikeable either, I liked Royal Rat Authority for example because I didn't realize what was the fight's gimmick and ended up actually struggling against the order while I casted AOE spells.
>>
File: Thatsmyfetish.gif (1MB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Thatsmyfetish.gif
1MB, 256x256px
>>387862392
> ; O
>>
>>387858747
The playthrough i did was pretty fun.
Punching everything to death never stops being amusing.
The game seriously suffers from corridor maps later in the game.
>>
>>387858747
So far DaS2 is the only game in the series that made invading actually fun. It helps that most of the PvE areas in DaS2 are harder than the actual bosses, meaning you can have some fun invasions.
>>
>>387858747
bell tower will forever be best pvp zone and bell keepers is the best covenant
>>
>>387863950

still active too. i was bullying peruvians with the moonlight greatsword, had summons every minute
>>
>>387864195
>i was bullying peruvians

Ya for some reason there are alot of South Americans still playing this game. Most of the people I invade turn out to be brazilian or peruvian and they usually have 2 summons with them. Good thing I can still beat them because invasions in this game are awesome.
>>
>>387858747

Everything, by far the best game of 2014

ANybody who legit thinks its an awful game is an UM ACKCHUALLY neckbeard contrarian

Yeah its the worst souls, but id prefer a bad day of fishing to a good day at work n'amsayin /v/?
>>
>>387864195
i've never knew how fun a sorcerer build would by just shooting different kinds of soul arrows.

seriously, the souls arrows in the other games aren't that great, but in das2 they're working great in pvp for me.
>>
>>387865025
>seriously, the souls arrows in the other games aren't that great, but in das2 they're working great in pvp for me

spells might be the best in ds2 out of all the series, but against players who aren't braindead, you have to combo sorceries with pyromancy/hex or homing soul arrow because they're too easy to dodge.
>>
>>387862392
Poor dude. I would have left him alone once I killed him twice.
>>
>>387865275
that's what i mean by "different kinds of soul arrows."

heavy homing soul arrow has been amazing, i hope all the more complex sorceries are great too.
>>
The dual wielding and powerstancing were amazing
>>
Why people seems to Bash DS2 so hard?

This was my first Dark soul, and I absolutely had a fucking blast (especially with SOTFS)
>>
>>387865752
because its PVE is its weakest aspect.
>>
>>387858747
PVP in Iron Keep
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>387865834
>never bother with Invasion/Co-Op
>Log more than 70 hours in it, SL 247
nigga what
>>
>>387865539
I'd stay away from soul geyser and vortex. Apparently they were too powerful at release and got nerfed to hell. Now they're utterly useless.
>>
>>387866073
are they really? they're the ones that sound the most interesting.
>>
>>387860150
Have you played only 3 games or something
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.