[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be winning 50-0 >opponent seeker randomly catches a glimsp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1403298343734.png (194KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
1403298343734.png
194KB, 256x364px
>be winning 50-0
>opponent seeker randomly catches a glimsp of a tiny flying ball and catches it
>lose 50-150
what kind of shitty game is this?
>>
one you knew was going to be shitty going into it

its quidditch senpai, cmon
>>
>>387852758
a game invented by an old unathletic lady for a nerdy, limp-wristed fuckin fantasy world
>>
>"So let me get this straight," Harry said as it seemed that Ron's explanation (with associated hand gestures) was winding down. "Catching the Snitch is worth one hundred and fifty points?"

>"Yeah -"

>"How many ten-point goals does one side usually score not counting the Snitch?"

>"Um, maybe fifteen or twenty in professional games -"

>"That's just wrong. That violates every possible rule of game design. Look, the rest of this game sounds like it might make sense, sort of, for a sport I mean, but you're basically saying that catching the Snitch overwhelms almost any ordinary point spread. The two Seekers are up there flying around looking for the Snitch and usually not interacting with anyone else, spotting the Snitch first is going to be mostly luck -"

>"It's not luck!" protested Ron. "You've got to keep your eyes moving in the right pattern -"

>"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

>Ron's face pulled into a scowl. "If you don't like Quidditch, you don't have to make fun of it!"

>"If you can't criticise, you can't optimise. I'm suggesting how to improve the game. And it's very simple. Get rid of the Snitch."
>>
>>387852758
It takes a lot more than 5 goals for the Snitch to appear IIRC. At least 10.
>>
>>387853346
Fan fiction?
>>
>>387853346
is this from that cringy GOD ISN'T REAL M-MORTY Harry Potter fanfiction
>>
>>387852758
The sport never made any sense to me, always seemed like two different games being played at once, but only the outcome of one matters.
>>
>>387854002
To be fair, with adequate enough Chasers, one could render finding the Snitch pointless. Remember the World Cup in GoF?
>>
>>387852758
I remember this game being almost impossible to lose. The enemy team can never take the ball off of you, and when they do get it, you can get it back with very little effort.
>>
>>387853694
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. written by an AI engineer in his spare time.
>>
>>387853798
You're thinking of My Immortal
>>
>>387854436
Is it good?
>>
>>387853346

They are allowed to interact with the catcher and catchers also fight a lot finding the snitch. Also apparently snitches are released later in professionals games.

Its still an unbalanced piecce of shit game.
>>
They should have made the snitch just end the game (no point bonus) and allow seekers to get even more violent with each other than the beaters. Hence whenever your team gets in the lead you've gotta get the snitch whilst the opponent beats the shit out of you in an attempt to prevent it.
>>
>>387855803
>written by an AI engineer in his spare time.
no
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.